Norithesterone

Doc has prescribed me 5mg 3x day for heavy prolonged periods (sorry guys!)between days 10 and 24. This has worked like magic, but I do feel much more tired than usual. Is this just a coincidence? Will I need it for ever?

Comments

• maybe the tiredness is anaemia? I took them for 3 weeks in september and they didn;t make me tired, but everybody is different.
  • Thanks wabo. Could be. Doc did blood tests (Hb and thyroid) plus am due for an ultrasound scan after Christmas so I am getting the full works. Did the norithesterone help you?
  • Jiggi
    i bet you are anaemic too

How long you stay on the pills i guess depends on the other treatment options which may be clearer after your scan
  • Thanks PH.
    Let's hope a good diet,red wine, some rest, running and less bleeding boost the old iron levels!
  • I think you might need to take some iron jiggi
  • Okey-doke. How about a multivitamin with iron?
  • are you ok with iron jiggi?

does it mess up your tummy??
  • Only taken it on its owm when I was pregnant and I was OK then. I just thought the vit c etc helped with absorbing it.
  • yes it does
    not sure if there would be eniough iron in a muti vit to correct amaemia though
  • jiggi, I took it because I was getting married and going on honeymoon, and not for long enough to help with heavy periods (which I do get).
    I tend to take some iron around the time of my period only and touch wood, I dont seem to be getting anaemic these days.
    Hi hipps!
  • Congrats to you Wabo!