25th November 2006

2»

Comments

• AF - Yes, Snort was in Camberwick Green, which was a village near Trumpton in Trumptonshire. The Lyrics have a number of references to the various characters from both series.
  • Afternoon All.

Managed to find a window inbetween the rain o do a 5miler this morning including 24 mins tempo.

Good Runnings everyone.

• oh scoobs that was fantastic, even though i'm not a pie appreciator - even the credits and the complaint were brilliant

trumpton, camberwick green - which one was pugh pugh barney mcgrew, cutherbert dibble and grub ?

• Scoobs! I used to watch Weebl and Bob all the time, and I haven't for ages. Thanks for bringing it back.

I have made the most unbelievably scrumptious brownies you could possibly imagine, from the Nigella 'Feast' book (am not on retainer). They are amazing. Also, they are genuinely so rich that you can only eat one. It's a miracle.
  • *staggers in to thread*

x country done about 7.5k, needed spikes really and fins at one point but was happy with my performance given that calf on "bad" leg kept me awake last night by cramping everytime I moved.

I just spent more time washing the bath out than I did in it!

The socks are heading binward.
  • Good one AJH, and well done for reminding me about my spikes! I hope I can have feet of speed tomorrow!

Brain has turned to mush from reading educational websites!

yawn.....................
  • Scoob but it is wrong everyone knows the best pie is lemon merangue

Closely followed by steak and kidney
  • I need some spikes but I also need to find a shop to get them from, my local one is very small and doesnt stock any.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow FL, I shall wish feet of speed your way.
  • FL brain changed to mush how awful.

Will we spot the difference ?
  • Aaaaarrrrgh. Have just looked at the met office page for tomorrow. No, not the weather, the little bits with arrows and numbers in the circle. The number is 15 and the arrow points north. That means we'll be running dead into that little arrow!!

Oh well. The Welney Wash might be better named (hate to think what might come cleaner for a wash in that - Xerxes socks praps?) but it will certainly be interesting. I've got pre-race nerves already.

I've divided my patch into 3. Ok, it's not a marathon, but it is not going to be easy, so I have named the three patches. The first bit, across the washes and along the road is for NZC. It is/will be her birthday tomorrow, so a part of the run has got to be for her. The second, from the road to Little Thetford,is for TmR, cause I know what she will do to me if I don't do my v. best. I believe she is quite fond of mud. at least, I hope she is. I suspect she will not be disappointed in it. And the last bit, that mire of despair, where you descend from Little Thetford back into the mire, to rise again exhausted, climb the "hill" that is Ely, hurdle the wall and charge the cannon is for 200min. Definitely for 200 min. I'll do my very best for you. No question.

We then shall off to drink Christine's health.
  • Evening folks.

Once again, avoided all the rubbish weather of the day on this morning's run...more perfectly cold and calm conditions...

...did about 12 miles or so off road in local country park. About 700ft of ascent/descent along the way. Excellent. Covered in about 1hr 33mins.

Then headed off to watch clubmates in the Renfrewshire XC championships...both men and women took the team gold, one of our girls won the individual gold (with another 1st lady vet), and one of our guys took the individual silver, so not too bad a day for the club!. Seeing the course, I was so glad I chose not to run...hardly a hill to speak of, but an absolute quagmire underfoot! Fun to watch though...

Have a good night.
  • Well run AJH.

FL - as HMHS says, children might learn best if they were actually made to concentrate and listen to the teacher. Sadly not the case anymore and it's `edutainment' now:(

What: 3 runners chippying, decorating and creating beautiful craft gifts
    Why: beats teaching

Well done Wardi on your club prizes and fingers crossed for Micksta tonight. By my calculations our club champ this year will be one of the posters on here...

Leeds Abbey Dash. Who knows but I doubt I'll be near the 33:41, 34:08 and 33:46 of the previous 3 years. 35:45 I reckon.

• Thanks Stickless, I'm honoured. Looking forward to the relay report already!
  • Good luck Stickless!

Also good luck BR and all other Dashers.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

What - 8m
    Why Mid distance run and have got XC tomorrow.
    Last Hard - Mon
    Last Rest- Thurs

Take care
  • Evening all,
    Dreadfull xc country after a decent one on Wednesday. All I can put it down to was a flu jab on Thursday evening. Had a tight chest at the start and was wheezy throughout the race. Dropped from about 10th to 47th.
    A few sessions on the inhaler this evening and things seem fine again but that'll be the first and last time I have a flu jab.

Lizzy, didn't you have some sort of reaction to a flu jab too?
  • As many have obviously guessed the Lyrics were from Birkenhead's finest Half Man Half Biscuit with the Trumpton Riots.

What BR not doing the XC tomorrow :-)

• Well done AJH.

Good luck to those racing tommorrow. Jealous of those running the Abbey Dash. Have fond memories of race there a couple of years ago.

What: After 6 weeks off running due to stess fracture on left leg and messed up achilles on right, went out and did 20 mins very gentle plod this am. Achilles still quite sore and don't think this injury is over by far.

Simon
  • Hope the recovery is better than you think SiT.

HMHS - I'll do the last one which is the S.Yorks Champs. I like Leeds.

Hard lines Rundown.
  • What: Did 10 miles today fairly steady/fast

Why: Was meant to be racing today, but turned up too late and couldn't find the venue. Dissapointing, but I made sure that my own run would 'make up for it' as best as possible.

The 10 miles was done in 63 mins.

Last Hard: Today I guess. A little harder than my usual 10 milers.

Last rest: quite a bit over 2 weeks.
  • Stickless - I'm honoured too - have a good one - have fun!

Rundown - sorry about your race. Think it was Poppy that had the bad reaction to the flu jab.

Nice running Stuart, good luck for next time.

What: Long run with friends - very enjoyable.

Good luck to all the racers out there!