Sunday 26th November 2006

124»

Comments

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    So you're now discriminating against people with global delay?? Some disability rights worker you are!!

Another point - hilly had a 9 sec difference in her gun / chip times and I had 10 secs even though I could swear she was behind me as we crossed the line.

Hilly believes that her foot might have hit the mat first. But if the foot that hit the mat first is not the foot with the chip on then that is discriminating against people with the chip on the wrong foot.

Will we see elite runners hopping over the line in hillyworld just so they don't get pipped on chip timing???
  • I'm getting confused. It's like the Bill Hicks line on all night drinking sessions "you spend half an hour arguing for artificial turf ... then half an hour arguing against artificial turf .."
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    The last post was BR's. As if everyone didn't know that:-))

Hilly says don't be daft BR you know we should all be wearing chips on both feet! It's the logical answer really:-))

Hard for 5000 runners to be on the start line together. Not saying all 5000 have the potential to win, but what's to say there isn't someone who is about to make a huge breakthrough they weren't aware of further down the field. You know it makes sense, BR:-)))
  • This is BR.

A chip on each foot? Hey everyone hilly just increased the price of every road race in the UK by £2!!

Or did you mean a chip on each shoulder now you've observed Yorkshire behaviour close up for 9 months:-)))

• Anyone else care to `chip' in to this debate:-)))))))))))))))))))
  • Chips are fantastic

Go well with pies and burgers

FL - maybe we should expand our contest to include the national
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Sorry Lizzy:-))

Lol Legionella I couldn't agree more. Maybe they should offer pies and burgers at all races especially for marshalls rather than lurid yellow t-shirts that say `I came, I saw, I ran' or something to that effect:-))

BR, come on now what's £2 if it means the rightful winner gets the pies.

Seriously, your point is valid and mine never likely to happen, but doesn't mean to say what I believe isn't right! Anyway I like time trials:-))
  • Am I stuck in groundhogg day or is my computer posting twice.

Or have I gone mad and I am actually posting the same comments twice ?

It must be the stress of spending so much money in one day. I am a true tight yorkshireman.

And by the way it would have to be decided on chip time otherwise whats the point of a ~£8.00 surcharge for your accurate time.
  • Nearly 100 posts about races and training runs and a debate about running?? What on earth is happening to this thread!

Barnsley 10k marshalling - `I came I saw I ran'? I thought that day was `I saw, I ran I came'...

Legionella - can I run in the National please even though I can't keep up with your group on club nights?

Hilly, having spent the last 3 years treating races like solo time trials against my HRM I'm in the `pure racing' camp now:-))

• HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I give up, the wine's taking over:-))
  • So the winer takes it all?:-))

Legionella / FL - what you done with HMHS? Did you bury him in the mud and ruin his absorbent qualities?

• The thing with modern life is you post something in jest then read this over on the Leeds Abbey Dash thread on events...

chip time - right foot = 47.31, left foot 47.32 (don't ask, they kept sending the damn things to me...) My right foot now has a [this millennium] pb!
  • is this the barnsley training/racing thread then
  • I have enjoyed the reports though

Drew-well done!

Liked Stickless'report, but dont we all
  • Hippo - I think 9 of the regular posters on here are BAC members.

It's a case that 6 of us have raced today and are discussing our performances and those of others on this thread. Also a debate about using chip or gun timing has arisen.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's reports and comments today too.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    I retract a bit of my previous post.. two of the 45-49 yr old guys in the positions above me actually ran slower than me on chip time. Not only did I therefore finish 22nd, they clearly had the audacity to start too far forward...

peasants! {o:

Hilly.. I see my wine suggestion has won over..
  • Happy Birthday Christine in NZ, although by now it was probably yesterday.

200min; I'm sure that you look lovely in a pinny.

Drew: Abbey 10k: happy or what? I would put a tiny banker on the "happy", but I bet that I'm backing the favourite. Seriously well done there. Have you been specifically 10k focussed for this race, or have you balanced your training?

Wardi: Abbey 10k: Thankyou very much for the update on your performance. 39:30 is identical to my recent-ish 10k form. I spy a challenge. Now where did I leave that 38:30 form?

Xerxes: If it's muddy XC, then spikes are the way to go, providing that you don't have too much hard surface to deal with. If they have some stud in the heel, then even better, as that means no slipping on wet downhills. Mixed terrain is the place for Innov8/Walsh/NBRXterrrain studdeds.

Micksta: It sounds like you enjoyed this event! And well run for a solid performance too.Good stuff.

Treadmill: Abbey dash: A darned good race there. Very very evenly paced splits. I hope that you are pleased with 35:29, you didn't say what you were hoping to achieve.

AF: It sounded like a hard day's work, but very definitely one of those "1-0(penalty)" results that get teams to win the Premier League. You toughed it out, you got a decent enough outcome, you got the prize you were really after. We can't always score pbs every outing. You also tested your kit choice. All you need to do is remember the wind speed and temperature, so that you can choose better next time. And moisture levels for the Asics.
    Stickless: So uplifting. Somehow you are able to tap into all our feelings with a few choice phrases, you can describe the difference between Brown Windsor and Mulligatawny soup when asked to run through it. And the Fenland sky looms larger, ever larger. A question. Is the sky hemispherical?
    Barnsley:.................................... :-) Nuff said?
    Hilly: 39 minutes? It's a banker. Another 1-0 training race run, even though you wanted this to be a pb shot. It'll come good, I promise.
    RFJ: A muddy XC and it sounds like you chose the footwear well, despite my previous pronouncement. That mud stuff is a reall sapper, isn't it?
    Tom: Ah, yes, now THAT is what I meant to say about training, and I think it has applied to me for a year or so.
    flr: 2:05 is another good outing
    Clink: Nice race, LOL about the homeward nav!
    Fell Liker, Footwear Loose, Flimsy Lacing, Foul Liquid, Funny Linesman, Favoured Legionella.

Chips and times: I agree with the usual race director's approach. Cross the line to win the prize. The chips are for pb timing etc. If you think that you've got a chance of winning a prize, start near the front. If you start FLM in the heated bog enclosure, make sure your chip is on the right foot. Adolf will be watching.