Options

Fred Hughes 10

Comments

• Options
    The race is definitely FULL now - although unfortunately the Runner's World Online Entry Option may still appear otherwise - we're are trying to get this updated ASAP.

Thanks to all who've entered and good luck.

Thanks also to those who've also entered and we're sadly going to have to return your entries.

The Online Entry seems to be very popular as we've increased the Nos. from 500 to 800 this year - who says we're becoming a nation of Couch Potatoes.

The last set of Nos. will be allocated and sent first thing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Full Race - not surprised. It is always popular this.

Mitten - 767 is an aeroplane so assume you will be flying in this race.

Richard - assume you won't be flying as usual :-)

Leadfoot - Parking is OK but often you have to park in the streets nearby once the HQ parking is full. Note the start is some minutes away and at 9:30 so you will need to leave enough time to get from your parking to the start/finish. It appears there is some parking right next to the new start/finish but only for about 50 cars so that will doubtless fill up. However a lot of runners coming out of town will likely come by train so we'll see.
  • Options
    Think I'll collect the sunday papers and arrive 8:30 ish then. Thanks for the tip
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh I hope I got in as I entered online yesterday. Got email to say yes but will have to wait and see I suppose?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Aiming to get there around 8.30 altho' hate to think what time that'll mean I have to leave home!!!
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Brooks, at the moment I am exhausted!!

I start my new job the day after this so must save a little bit for that.
  • Options
    Exhausted - but you aren't working at the moment are you (pending starting the new job) ? So what are you up to ??
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    money has been cashed now so I wonder did I beat the clock???
  • Options
    You shouldn't have long to wait Wabo - my number came thro' really quickly.
  • Options
    mines been cashed too. Hope I am in.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hope so kazz, I entered online on 10/1 though and pk (above) said its full. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Waiting for new job start!!!

Soooooo many things to do during the day whilst not working. I don't know how I found the time before!!!
  • Options
    Have a feeling I'll be like that in a few weeks' time mitten!! ;o)
  • Options
    We had a few issues with the exact closing time on the Online entries - but if your payment went through - you're in the race.

Likewise if you're cheque's cashed AJH - you should have received your no. by no.
    Unfortunately some late entries despite being before the closing date we're having to return. This is for the benefit of everyone.

Any queries - can you address to

FredHughes10@hotmail.co.uk

I can quickly answer any questions.
  • Options
    Thanks Paul got it today.
  • Options
    Did a lovely 9 miles this morn in 1:21. Realy looking forward to next week now. Anyone else heading there from London? From what I remember from looking at the train times last week the 1st train from Kings X will get me to St Albans at 8.30, but it's not direct and involves a change and a bus ride. Think I'l just go in the car as I'm going onto Luton after to visit a friend who, like me, is a Sports Massage Therapist and is going to give me a good rub down!!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    got numbers on saturday, that was quick!!
    So we will be doing this race, won't be much of a arce for me mind you as I have a very tough 7.5 xtcry race the day before!
    Need the miles though!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oops arce = race!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the train info. Clair-noE. I can see I’ll need to leave even earlier now to get to the start in good time! I might try going straight to West Hampstead and picking up the train from there.

Had a lovely last long run on Sunday, around 8 miles some of it along the river at Hammersmith. Not too cold or windy and lots of sunshine. Got to see a pair of pied wagtails, a cormorant (I think) and a fox peeing on a lamp post! Who says there’s no wildlife in cities?

I finally got my heart rate monitor on Sunday so I may try a treadmill test this week to work out my max. heart rate. I know I should really be tapering but I’m just too impatient.

Have a good week everyone!

6 days to go :-)
  • Options
    Been too busy + working away to do other than treadmill running - look out for the old geezer way behind the pack.
  • Options
    Clair - shouldn't need to change from Kings Cross, although of course this is a Sunday so there may be engineering works. Should have been able to get the train up to Luton afterwards as well.

Must admit I am taking the car (from Luton) so if you do take the train and want a lift up to Luton, post here and we'll arrange something.

• Options
    Don't worry leadfoot. I'll be behind you. This is my first race and I've had gout for the last 3 weeks.
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Have been in Barcelona this weekend so not ran since Friday morning when I did just over 10.

Circuits tonight, running Wednesday, Friday & Saturday am so should be fine for Sunday.
  • Options
    Just did my max. heart rate test on the treadmill - ugh!

Came out as 187 so a bit higher than I thought.

Sweaty ginger kitten!
    :-)
  • Options
    lol my HR got to 200 during my last 10k race! :-o

Had to stop looking at my heart rate about halfway through the race as it was already over 185bpm and I knew it was hardly likely to go *down*! just goes to show what your body's capable of when you push it :-)
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Tara, mine is frequently over 200bmp. I ran most of a 10k with it at 190+.

Been for tests to check it out because I often shake (hands & arms) but doesn't seem to be anything abnormal!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the offer Brooks, but will prob take the car, easier to carry a change of kit for when I go out to lunch.

Tara, once on a run my HR went up to 220 and straight down to 0. Can only take that as the highest reading my HRM would give was 220 and my HR had gone beyond that. At the time I felt fine and was breathing through my nose. Or my HRM had malfunctioned!!
  • Options
    Mitten - the shaking is probably because you are going 'cold turkey' as a result of being on the wagon during FLM training :-)
  • Options
    I've got a hilly 5 mile race in a month or so. I might wear it for that to see what it comes up with. Can't imagine hitting 220 though - that's pretty impressive!

My hands did feel a bit odd last night, sort of numb towards the end but I think that might be due to lactate build up?

4 days to go!
    :-)
  • Options
    Me thinks with all this loverly rain it's gonna be a muddy 1