Options

Nike Vomero

I'm thinking of moving from my Nike Pegasus to Vomero.

However, some of the reviews I have read mention a narrow toe box.

Is this just because they have wide feet?

What do people think of these shoes and is it a a reasonable replacement for the Pegasus?

Thanks,

RB

Comments

• Options
    Nasty, nasty shoe. Very narrow - has an elasticated 'sock' inner. Also very soft cushioning - like running with marshmallows strapped to your feet.

Then again some people rave about them, so each to his own.....
  • Options
    I run in these, but you have to try them first.
    Very soft,bit narrow but ok for me.
    8.5/10.
  • Options
    Hmmmm....might have to stick with the Pegs then...

Anyone got a good alternative?

Asics seem to give me blisters on the arches...
  • Options

Narrow toebox......??????

Jeeez - do the people that say that have flippers?

Ratbag - Asics create a pressure point on my arches too (apart from the Gel Hyper Speed which are fantastic shoes) - and the flatter last of the Vomero has really sorted that out!

Having said that - definitely get to a shop and irritate the assistants by trying on as many shoes as you can - and in different sizes!!!!
    I found that the sizing even in the same manufacturer varies hugely!
    My Vomeros are a 9½ and am Marathoners a 10!!!!
  • Options
    I tried Vomeros briefly and I've got a wide-ish forefoot, didn't have any problems.

I've noticed the variability even between lines by the same manufacturer too - sizing does seem inconsistent.
  • Options
    I'm a wide size 8, and my Vomeros are perfect width-wise and have acres of wiggle room at the toe end. I found Nimbus and Kayano to both be uncomfortably narrow, even when upsizing.

With my Vomeros, the only problems I've had is slight rubbing under the laces after a long run. I'd like to think they'll address this with an update, as otherwise they've been absolutely brilliant for me.
  • Options
    Uh I was one of the reviewers for vomerros.

I did't mention any wideness in the shoe infact i think they are spot on for me.

I did review a pair of saconey grid 3s and the toebox......well you could of held a party in there. That comment was snet to rob speddding!
  • Options
    In 12 months and after a video gait analysis which had me as a neutral/slight overpronator I've gone through wave nirvanas, kayano XIIs, two pairs of vomeros and a pair of wide fit pegasus and I'd have to say that the vomeros were the least comfortable of the lot and also the quickest to wear out IMHO perhaps due to the boggy ride.

I've a high instep especially on the right and the sockliner on the vomeros cut across the top of my foot, trapping a nerve until I had at it with a stanley knife. Couldn't say they were narrow in the toe box though especially if you go by the received wisdom and buy a size bigger than usual.

Course it's always each to their own with shoes but I'm happy with Pegasus for the trail and Kayanos for the pavements.
  • Options
    Read somewhere recently that there's a new Vomero out which has a different fit to the original. Apparently the original was built on a narrow/shorter last used for Nike's faster shoes and the new one is built on a straighter/wider one - believe it may be the one they use for the Pegasus. Still very soft though...