Macmillan 2007 runners

Comments

• Strycelt - you will be fine - the sparring is light and the exercise wasnt tough when i did it. Good luck - Definetly let us know how you think it went. I was in a daze afterwards wondering why its seemed simple

if you can control your nerves and say sir after everything when you speak to the black belts your 90% there! You like to keep busy dont you!!!

Amanda - i listened to the talk on hydration - basically dont miss a drink stand if its hot and drink small amounts regularly rather than gulp down huge amounts in one go - oh and lucazade sport is great!! One area i struggle with so was happy for the pointers

My toe has started hurting over the past few days - thats a new one!!
  • Hi Guys,

Off to the expo this afternoon - looking forward to that. Soooooo excited now, I just want it to be Sunday morning. Thanks for advice on the expo - might go for the RW pack. Also have been told to get a mesh type cap, which you can put water on and keep your head cool??
  • i have an adidas climacool cap. it's very thin but keeps the sun off. cost me about a tenner in jjb but they might have it at the adidas stand at expo.

please don't forget sunscreen everyone! they are doing buy one get one free in boots. they do a sports one as well.

rich - i am very touched. please thank your missus for me.

tracey - no, boss STILL hasn't opened his wallet. aaargh!
  • Debs - i got the same hat as tweety yesterday for six quid - think it was a store called start fitness - nice wicking thing - makes me look a fool but at least should keep the heat off!!!

tweety - no problem!

I just want it to be around 25.99 miles on sunday!!
  • Hello

Have moved my desk to the toilet on account of the fact that I'm drinking so much ruddy water I'm spending more time here than in the office.
  • Ha ha - just commented the same to guy in my office

I work on a building site and the toilets are a good 200m walk - think i will have done a marathon before i leave today.
  • Weather forecast for sunday now 23! Def going to get suncream, tho have bought a similar hat to everyone else with mesh top. It's so nice today, nice and cool, wish it could stay like this.

• Just got back from the docs and I have a urine infection and now on antibiotics - thankfully she thinks I should be okay for Sunday.

I have been so chuffed what with managing to train for this injury free but I didn't see this coming!
  • Straycelt - good luck with the grading
    Rich - yes there is a start fitness & they are very good value. They're based in Newcastle & have been to their shop loads. They are all runners as well so can give you lots of good advice.
    Well final little jog for me tonight. Then set off at 9 in the morning to meet up with my former club mates on the bus down. Really can't wait now.
  • Just tucking into a huge tray of gorgeous veggie pasta from italian cafe down road - mmmmmmm carbs - with a glass of (suprise suprise) water!! BORING

Anyone else feeling like a coiled spring - just want to get on now - BOING
  • Must be what's called marathon madness! Last night I have discovered I was trying to iron my letters on the back of my vest. Good news is that I have managed to squeeze them on now.

This is so obviously a silly, minor thing, but it's funny how it became huge amid all the rush of excitement.

I was planning to wear my vest over a top, but now I think I'll wear it by itself. One point is that I have not trained in it. Can everyone assure me it is comfortable to run in?

• PS - Cheers Baz - sounds right - was very cheap store - its behind the macmillan stand
  • two large meals of pasta, 6 gallons of water later.....
    Just want to get on with it now.

Hope all who went to Expo had a good day.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Well the grading flew by and I felt better than last time...yes, I did fail in October, but these things happen. Get results Sunday night so hopefully two causes to celebrate.
    Came back and hit the early evening drinkers with my tart and grabbed another £100 sponsorship. Do them again at 7 and then it's munchies and an early night.
    Hope all had a great day and those at expo found it worthwhile/fun/interesting etc.
    Life has been hectic since January and with all that's happened it seems so strange that from Monday we'll all be trying to find a new normality. I know I won't be returning to the same one. Anyone else in that boat? Believe, however, it will be a better one in oh so many respects. lol
  • Good luck to all Macmillan runners, I was going to be with you but had to pull out due to injury. I will be watching for all the green vests, make sure you wave at the cameras and shout, "hello Robbo, see you next year" :O)
  • tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    Hey Amanda - I have found the vest VERY comfy to wear on its own and have worn it quite a few times with no problems at all - so you should be fine.

The only thing I will do is vaseline up the inside of my upper arms because I find that when I get a bit sweaty it does seem to chafe a bit on the seam - but that's the same for all of my vests.

Been to the expo today, managed to wangle a 'promotion' from pen 5 to pen 4 (feeling optimistic) and not spend too much money - just £8 on a pair of 'souvenir' socks and the £5 pasta meal.

All very exciting and yes, I am now really eager to get on with it!

Tempted to have a small glass of wine with my dinner tonight - relax me :)

• Thanks for that advice Tailbird, I will use some vaseline just in case.
    I just think it will be far too warm to wear a double layer.

Feeling water bloated, longing for alcohol, sick of pasta!!

Kit laid out on bedroom floor, hat goes quite well with top! Safety pins at the ready, train travel sorted (I hope). All ready.

Hell, I have one more day to go!!
  • Back from expo - looks like all girls together in pen 9 then (well apart from Tallbird!). See you there Tweety and Amanda.
    Bought the essential hat - still worried about the temperature, was sitting on the train home and the guy opposite was reading a paper, headline: 'Fears for Runners as Marathon to be hottest' OH FLIP!!
    Amanda, I was having same dilema as you, always wear my vest over another wicking top which is dead comfy. Might still go for that, but if it gets too hot discard that half way. I have enough problem with the friction burns I always seem to get around my belly button without worrying about my arms too.

Robborunner - will give you a big wave - sorry you had to pull out, but thanks for cheering us all - I have a feeling we are going to need it.

So, what do I do now then .........?Think I will lace my championchip on my shoes... and have a glass of water .... and maybe some rice pudding.
  • Well done straycelt - sure you will have passed this time

Just about to relace my shoes and iron my shirt - should be intresting!!!

Lessons for tonight - one gentle 2 miles is not 8min 50 pace - SLOW DOWN - Idiot

I read that Debs in the london lite - dont worry if they say its a concern - probably be 5 degrees and dull!!

• tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    I saw that headline too - but I reckon it's just a great news line rather than something to really be scared of. I mean yes, it's going to be warmer than maybe we have been used to, but so long as we are all sensible, it will be fine.

Fine I tell you.

I am just having a small beer - it's lovely.

:)
  • Debs, one question, how will you discard your top under your Macmillan vest without stripping off in public??
    Would certainly get you on the telly!

• Amanda,

I'm not proud!! As long as I don't 'do a Paula' I think it will be fine.
  • fingers crossed straycelt! i am sure you will have 2 reasons to celebrate come sunday evening.

robbo - shame you had to pull out but i am sure you will be on the start next year raring to go.

i am taking the mini sample of deodorant with me tomorrow as air freshener for the portaloos; might be a bit of an evil smell... also taking pack of tesco value loo roll so if you run out and see me, just ask!

feeling ok at the moment. give it time though!
  • I think you're right Debs, chafed arms would be horrible.

Good tips Tweety, I must remember loo roll.

My husband getting a bit excited now (about tomorrow of course!!)

a long day ahead
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Have a great day all. Made it to Southwark Rose hotel with my tart. Some v.stragnge looks. Well, here now, so off to enjoy day in London. (Remembering to move back onto the water. Aaargh.) Running buddy totally chilled...how does he do that? Forgot the anti-chafe vaseline. Not normally needed but this tart certainly rubs in some strange places, so 1st stop Boots. More pasta anyone?
  • IF ANYONE HAS AN ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THE SPONSOR FORM, PLEASE CAN THEY EMAIL IT TO ME ASAP?

thank you. and sorry for shouting.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Tweety, sent you an e-mail for your e-mail address. Send back and I'll forward form
  • tart, you have mail. and my deepest thanks.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hope it works...signing off now...scribble later.
  • ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 day :-)