Options

Macmillan 2007 runners

Comments

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Tnx T, Tnx R....all..the photos have started. www.marathonfoto.co.uk. Name and Bib. If you want to smile there's a couple of tarts via williamson 5420. Don't usually buy but will have to go for a couple of these. Hilarious.
  • Options
    tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    They are great photos straycelt - espcecially the one where you have your hands over your nose! Genius.
  • Options
    good news guys kidney damage is not permenent! hopfully go home today just so bored, off to look at the tarts
  • Options
    Rich - that's good news, hope you are well soon. So sorry to hear how close you got to the end before having to stop
  • Options
    That's great news that you'll be out today with no long lasting effects.

Looks like you've got unfinished business with FLM....
  • Options
    rich - leave them your address! i have just called the hospital to find out which ward you were on! there is a get well card on it's way to you.....

so glad to hear you're ok.
  • Options
    cheers guys for all the messages - was gutted to be so close baz but who knows what that last 600 yrd could have done

flipper, i will complete it! got to for my own piece of mind

tweety - thank you- touched
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are getting out Rich - I know you would have given 150%, and god knows we all had our moments getting there. You take it easy, and remember your achievement was fantastic.

I have a funny feeling we will be back same time, same place next year (only don't tell my husband, he was rumoured to have said 'Thank God thats all over'). I want another go at it, it really was amazing.

I feel sort of sad today, I look on you all as new friends, and its sad that is all over. I really hope we can keep in touch, and I will definitely be keeping up the running through the summer, thinking about the South Downs in June next. Anyone up for it??!!

Off for a well deserved massage tonight, and them who knows, a run on Sunday.
  • Options
    good news Rich, take care.

Not sure if I will be back same time same place. Have to wait until all the pain has left my legs and I can run in comfort.

Thanks for all support over the past few weeks. Good luck with all your future running challenges.
  • Options
    debs - you have to come and do the luton relay in december! and anyone else than fancies it!

i won't be running next year but i will volunteer again for macmillan as i have in the past. i will cheer you across that finish line rich!
  • Options
    Rich - glad to hear you're OK. I can imagine how disappointed you must be, but try to focus on what you've achieved. Millions of people watch the London Marathon and say they'll have a go but only a small minority have the spirit, grit and determination to get off their ar&es and do it - you are on of those.
    In addition you've raised an enormous amount of money which will make a BIG difference to the lives of so many people affected by cancer. Eventually your disappointment will fade - but the positive impact you've made on the lives of others will live on forever. See you on the start line next year!
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    All..we don't have to stop this thread just because this year is over. We could keep it as our own, ongoing and continuous blog. I know I came in late but it's part of my day now and would certainly love to keep up with you all. Not sure about next year as wasn't going to do again after 2005 but got collared twice more. Next year would be 13 and just a bit superstitious. Rich, glad to know your on the mend. TB, that was one way to stop the thing bouncing/rubbing and getting a hand massage at the same time! Got my black belt at class tonight..so chuffed and hit the local paper again so might get some more sponsorship..good news. Anybody else fancy a crack at Amsterdam? Hope we stay in touch and beat LD to 800!
  • Options
    Straycelt,

Well done on getting your blackbelt - you are obviously one superfit guy.

Had my massage last night - walking on air again and cant wait to get out and 'run forrest run!'
  • Options
    Writing this from home and feeling alot better - they let me go last night - cant say enough good things about the NHS and whatever nurses are paid should be doubled - there all amazing

Im going to have a break from running for a little while - need to let everything get back to normal and be fully rested - looking forward to doing a bit of tae kwon do again

Ill still be on this forum though as straycelt said it becomes part of your day

PS - Loved the photos strycelt - brilliant costumes!
  • Options
    Welcome home Rich - take really good care of yourself
  • Options
    hope you get the card ok rich. told my husband and he is gutted for you but pleased you are ok. would second what you say about the NHS but then i'm biased as i work for them!!!

i'll still be on here as well. it has definitely become a bit of a blog thing for us and it is nice to keep in contact. it's wierd how you come to almost know people without ever meeting them.

am nearly at my total which i am so pleased with. couple of big cheques from consultants at work yesterday with the exception of my boss (hmmm.) my dad's boss was so impressed that i came through sunday unscathed, he has given me another £100!

i think if i'm ever feeling down, i shall look at your photos straycelt.

anyway, must be off to work now. have been at home this morning as mini tweety had home visit from local nursery nurse. she got a certificate for being a good girl all morning at playschool yesterday :-)
  • Options
    and if anyone wants a chuckle, go to the marathon photos; Rideout, number 41086. there is a lovely one of me going through one of the showers.....
  • Options
    Rich - pleased you are home & that your experience has not put you off running. As LD says, you have acheived so much by raising all that money to help so many people.

Hope everybody is recovering from their exertions.

I went for a very slow 2 miles on Tuesday & am planning 4.5 miles tonight. Got to get back on the running trail again as I have entered the Keswick 1/2 a week on Sunday. As you can imagine, not the flattest of courses.
    It is true, us runners are mad !!!!
  • Options
    Evening Standard Marathon supplement

if anyone wants a free copy of this (hubby will send via work) please email me with your address. the shop at work have given me nearly all their copies as apparently hardly anyone takes the supplements so they are up for grabs!
  • Options
    Cheers for the offer Tweety, but I picked up my copy at lunchtime today. Also looked at yours and straycelts photos today - you really looked like you were enjoying yourself out there, and the pictures of the tarts were brilliant! Definitely see you for the Luton Marathon Relay too Tweety.
  • Options
    no copies left i'm afraid; sorry!

i have volunteered you for the relay team debs; hope you don't mind. forumite that organises it (very well i might add) is brooks the beast.

hope everyone is feeling slightly more normal (esp. rich)

enjoy the first weekend in ages everyone!
  • Options
    Took my sponsor form to Tae Kwon Do training tonight and was completely overwhelmed by the response!
    I think they were all a bit amazed 'cos I hadn't actually told them I was doing the marathon and everybody dug deep in their pockets for our excellent cause.
    I'm feeling so proud of myself now!!

Pleased everybody else feeling good and looking forward to new challenges - good luck to you all.

I'm obviously still a bit derranged 'cos I saw a 20 mile trail run in Wiltshire next month and thought "that looks fun!"
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Dawn, another TKD runner...how do you manage to merge the two? Inflexible hamstrings my problem but hey! running is no.1.
    Great night tonight at local, who were great at fundraising last two weeks. Looking to enter a couple of 10k's next couple of months and will register for Llanelli this weekend. Great, fast, friendly race and not too punishing.
    Job front looking up and have decided interim work is the way ahead this year. Keep you all posted.
  • Options
    Hi Straycelt

I think it's just that they are both addicitive activites which are great 'cos you can set your own goals. You get a great sense of achievement and have the benefit of the support of those around you but don't have to be compared to them - everyone can achieve at their own level.

Many, many congrats on your BB - how you did that and the marathon in a few days is incredible. Black belt is my target for the whole of the next year and I am sure I won't be trying to run a marathon at the same time!

Well done again
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Tnx D and Tnx Tweetie...ES arrived this morning...some great pics of such a variety of runners..a good memento...much appreciated.
    Went training this morning with legs like lead...might take a bit of tie to recover, more than first thought. Just entered Llanelli 10k so working out realistic target for that one. This race usually supports Macmillan too so another good reason for doing. Will see what else is around throughout today and plug in some more fun
  • Options
    I wish it was last week - and why couldn't it have been this much cooler!! I hope everyone is recovering well and enjoying a restful weekend, went for a 20 mile bike ride yesterday which was nice, and back to the club running on Wednesday. Still feel at a bit of a loose end, nothing major to focus on yet, so must change that - its wierd after being totally tuned in for four months to becoming a bit of an air-head!! Might have a browse through the upcoming events and pick something nice .....
  • Options
    have a thumping headache today but....

i made my fundraising total today!!!

back on the wagon today. after full english on saturday and mcdonalds breakfast sunday, i weighed myself this morning. uh oh...

how are you rich? and everyone else?
  • Options
    I think I managed to drink a year's supply of alcohol over the weekend - keep telling myself that I can eat / drink what I want as I ran a marathon (at this rate I'll need winching into the office). However, keep having a strange desire to go for a run - have resisted it so far!!
  • Options
    Congrats Tweety on reaching your target.

I too have had to check my eating, but I have allowed my drinking to go uncontrolled for the first time in months!!

Am going to resume running this week. Should, in theory, find it easy but I bet I don't.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Well, as I've run out of excuses not to work am applying self diligently to job search in between checking out the forums!
    A few leads to follo so quite hopeful. Running buddy has entered us in Amsterdam so goal for October is currently pb there. Mens san in corpore sano etc so will start running again this week. Glad to have another running goal as well as personal objective employmentwise. Must admit, mentally want to run but still feel a bit sluggish after last week. Nice to know not the only one who overindulged at weekend. Great fun doing it guilt free tho!