Macmillan 2007 runners

1222324252628»

Comments

• Great news Rich, have a good old drink this weekend to make up for lost time!!

I actually took a little sachet of dioralyte out with me on the day, and fully intend to do so again if I go out on any long hot runs.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    TB many congratulations. Great news. V.happy for you. Rich, welcome back to bloke normality. Just back from South of France. 10 days, no running, too much food and lots of wine but very little beer. Weather mixed but great to get away and sorry girls, lost weight!!! Must have been the beer loss! Great to be back and see you still on-line. Lke the idea of prize for 1,000..but who is LD going to give it to?
  • Tallbird - Congratulations from me too
    Rich - Good news that you are ok again.
  • tallbirdtallbird ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys :)

Great to hear you have been given the all clear Rich - not a happy time for you I imagine, but what a story eh?

Your holiday sounds blissful straycelt - lucky boy.
  • congratulations are in order to:

tallbird - the first macmillan baby! no booze for you!

rich - clean bill of health! lots of booze for you!

please go and buy (or have a quick look at) slim at home magazine, available in your nearby whsmiths (well, that's where i bought my copy anyway). why, who's that on page 13? it's tweety!!!!
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    I'll go and have a look....Hope all having a great bank holiday. Balanced weekend, lot of training to combat excesses of entertaining for first time in new flat. Fed self and family of five wioth no complaints...heading for domestic god status. Off now to Kent toi see son...catch up Wednesday.
  • debs - have you signed up to the bluewater 10k yet?
  • Hi Tweety,

Just did it on-line on Monday. Hope you get booked in.
    Ive been struck down by a chest infection, so antibiotics for me and no training since I did my 10K a couple of weeks back. Hubby says its my bodies way of saying I did too much and take a rest - maybe he is right. Ive heard a lot of people say they get colds and things after a marathon - perhaps there is something in that. Doesn't it all feel a long time ago now .....
  • got my first race since FLM on sunday. only a 3k fun run but am going to struggle as i've only been out a few times since the big day because of illness.

tallbird - hope you are feeling ok.

rich - have you drunk your local dry yet?

straycelt - yet again thought of you a couple of days ago. due to my recent diagnosis of migraine and past history of sinus problems, i have opted to try a dairy free diet. i had a tesco 'free from' cherry bakewell. it's free from wheat, gluten, dairy and eggs. interesting. OH said it tasted wierd but to me, a bakewell is a bakewell!
  • Hi all, was just thinking the other day havent posted on this forum for a while

Ive given it a great effort tweety, last weekend managed to get in at half four on the friday after a works do on a boat and a dodgy club and then stay out till half three on the saturday when i went around brighton with the missus. And have been a mess ever since. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Havent really run since the marathon - going to the gym alot and doing tkd again. Enjoying having a break from it tbh, will get back into it again

Paying in my sponsorship today - think ive missed the deadline but it all counts!

Hows things with everyone else?

Hows every
  • Glad to hear you are back to normal Rich!

Deadline is 22nd June, so everyone has a couple of weeks. Have had a few runs since M day and did a 3k fun run on Sunday which was great fun. Bit hard running at the moment as i have stinking hayfever but my migraines seem to be more under control, thank goodness.

hello to everyone!
  • how's everyone doing? fundraising deadline on friday!

whose memories of the pain of training has faded enough to sign up for next year?
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Only 77n to go, no sign of LD and who else is still staying on. Been in Spain for a hol and now up in Scotland seeing some rellies. Got Llnelli 10K with 16 year old son this weekend...his first outing and as he's quite fit, tall, younger etc. may give me a run for my money. Ooops. Not competitive then. Not sure about next year as have done last 7 and hankering to do Boston..which may clash...Hmmm. Next 26.2 is Amsterdam in October. Hope all is going swimmingly. Rich, how are the beers going down. Tb...how big is the bump/ LD...where to next? Peru? Great Wall? Cycle? Tri? be n touch...keep smiling.
  • hiya celt, how's the tart?

got my thank you letter with everyone's pics on yesterday. managed to spot myself (just) after mr tweety finding me. managed to find lame duck first, for some reason!

i WILL ignore marathon news when it comes out in august. i will be an enthusiastic supporter.

hope everyone is well.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Nice souvenir. Bad hair day tho! Ran Llanelli 10k with son at the weekend, his first registered race. Did together in 48, slower than usual but chuffed to bits for Andrew and nice to start/finish together in exact same time. Must get back into running discipline ready for Holland. No sign of next big job, still relaxed and in process of decorating a few bits of the flat. Life is good. Write soon.
  • wonder if anyone still sees this then?

fab to see you again today lameduck and many thanks for possibly the loudest cheer i have ever had!  also was an honour and pleasure to meet the man behind the tart, straycelt.  hope your lady friend enjoyed the day.

who's signed up for 2008 then?  put me down for volunteering duties at macmillan HQ lameduck!

stay cool all.

• Hi everyone,

Sorry to thread hijack image But I thought I'd say hi and that I've applied to Macmillan for FLM 2008.  Is anyone else hoping to run for them next year?

Emma x 

• Hi Tweety,

Great to see you are still out there giving it your all - was you at Hyde Park yesterday? 

I have unfortunately been suffering the effects of the marathon since the end of June - I have quite a big problem with my hip, which endless visits to physio, doctors etc seem unable to resolve.  I am getting so despondant now, I really dont know what to do next - I appear to have a joint problem, but xrays suggest its not bone problems, and I have limited range of movement so no running for two months now and I am going crazy!!!  I had to defer on my place in the Great North, and likely will need to defer on the Great South too, so my plans of the 'treble' are dashed this year.  And worse of all, I am back up to my pre marathon running weight - I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT.

If I do get up and running again soon, I will still be there for the Luton relay - dont forget to let me know.

So its official then, marathon running really does knacker your body ....!!! image

Take care all.

• 71 to go LD. Good to see you and you too Tweetie and glad all going well in your worlds. Running Swansea 10k with son this weekend and Amsterdam marathon in October. Have applied, despite best intention not too, for FLM 2008. Would be my 13th and bit superstitious but was seduced by the opportunity to apply on-line knowing only 1 in 5 chance of success. Have scheduled Stockholm and Washington for next year but not taking my tart tho' will be chasing sponsorship from any means possible. Keep in touch. Lol.
  • emma, go for it!  stock yourself up with the following:

number of a good physio

metatone

porridge

bananas

nerves of steel

hi debs; sorry you are having problems.  there is a thread on clubhouse about lots of relay teams going in for the luton marathon so get yourself over there if you feel ok.  i did go to hyde park last weekend.  a lot nicer weather than today!

• Life just gets better. On the way back up and put in a 39.33 10k at Swansea yesterday, only second sub 40 ever. Now about that new job/partner/challenge/next mac event......
  • Hello All

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while.  Great to see Tweety & Straycelt at the Hydroactive Women's Challenge  - I nearly missed you going past Tweety, so had to make up for it!!!

The amazing news is that at the moment the total raised from this year's FLM now stands at a whopping £1,175,000 - that is a record by some distance and we think there's still c.£30k of Gift Aid to come in.  How awesome are we??!

Still haven't decided whether to give 2008 a go.  Havnig had four rejections no the bounce I should be guaranteed a place and having spent the day at various Macmillan Coffee Mornings I need some serious exercise.  Anyone else decided whether to give it another go?

Hope all is well with everyone

• Done the on-line entry and they are accepting 2,000 out of the 10,000 limite applications so should get rejected thus preventing 13th FLM...Hmmmm. Will be doing Stockholm and Washington next year. What about Paris/NY/Chicago LD?
  • We've added the Berlin Marathon to our events calendar next year so may consider that?  It's supposed to be a very fast, enjoyable race - and doesn't involved jet-lag.  Have you done Berlin SC?
  • Yes, two years ago. Fantastic city, flat race I wished I had trained for. There's an in-line skate marathon the evening before which is just fantastic to watch and believe it or not, some wacky people do that and then run the next day. Crowds are great and the finish under the Brandenburg gate is unforgetable. The odd undulate but this course has thrown up several world records, including this weekend when another 30 seconds were skimmed off the time. Must train harder. Did 18k this morning, clearly not enough for a crack at Gab, but keeps me in shape. Eating out is very reasnable, especially towards the eastern half of teh city. Would recommend finding a hotel close to Potsdammer Platz, which is  near the start and connected to U and S Bahn links. City bus tour is well worth doing.   Hmm, might have to do again and run properly but will have to wait as doing Washington this time next year.