Your running resolution for 2007

Here be mine...

1: Running resolution
To run about 30m/week and to keep on enjoying it. Too much and it becomes a chore; too little (eg because of recent very long work hours) and I miss it desperately. I've now found my happy medium, and I'm going to stick to it. Might even throw in some flexibility cross-training if I'm VERY good...

2: Non-running resolution
To learn to follow my heart. Never been very good at that, but as I've got older (35 now) I'm starting to discover what all the "be true to yourself" fuss is about.

p.s. as the great prophet N. Holder once said, Merry Christmas everybody!

Comments

• Running resolutions
    Train smart.
    No heroics or injuries.

Non-running resolutions
    Eat well
    Work well
    Sleep well.
    No beer
    No caffeine
    Be more organised
    No guilt, no apologies, no regrets.

Aim for 2007
    The Big Woody - IM distance race.

• Running: get a 3.30 marathon

Non-running: dunno, happy with my lot!
  • Running resolution:

Stop making drunken PB attempts. (Standing outside the pub in strappy heels, going, "Well, (hic) I could call a cab, buhhhhhttt, I musssht keep fit and (hic) the A14's as good a plassshhh as any to go for a PB. Innit!?")

Seriously though, I should listen to my body and not to push myself too hard when I'm not ready.

Non-running resolution:

To stop picking up the parents' dog and getting it to lick their kitchen work surfaces clean. Then taking all the credit for its hard work.

Other than that, I'm pretty much perfect ;-)
  • Running.... train properly, consistently and comfortably; stretch properly to cure ITB/achilies issues; shed 1st by yr end (target weight <10.5st); keep hitting PBs at 10mile/half distance...

Non running - stay off the fags (gave up 1/8/06), dramatically reduce the alcohol intake, enjoy out-of-work-life more, (work/life balance)!

Generally a happy bunny! Never claim to be perfect tho :-)
  • Running

Be positive, 45 min 10km (22 min 5km)

Non running

Like your idea E17 pixie, yes i amm the only one living my life and when i'm sitting in the old folks home with you all i want happy memories
    I want to look back and think i had a swell life
  • need to think about those
  • Running: Train hard to try for a sub 3.15 in FLM, enjoy traing and listen to body.

Non Running: Drink and eat wisely, much less alcohol.
  • Running: train properly, aiming for 3:15 in Paris

Non-running: expand my business
  • Running :

1. Do all I can to help my training partner to get under 2 hours for a half.

2. Make up for failure to achieve PB in GNR 2006 by NOT going too fast for first 8 miles next time ( doh !)

Non- running :

Do something positive about career
  • Running: Complete as many of the 16 races I have planned to do.
    Get back to my running club
    Get a sub 53 10K
    Get a sub 2.05 half
    Complete my first marathon sub 4.30
    Enjoy it all as much as I already do.

Non running: Get the decorating in my house done that's been waiting too long, by the summer!!
  • Running resolution: to get under 3 hours for this years FLM

Non-running: to get my friend Cheryl to stop smoking
  • JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    Running resolution(s):
    Get back into proper training (30 miles a week) and get back to at least previous form (47:35 10k, 23:23 hilly 5k).
    Get top 3 for a local running series league.
    Become a club regular.

Non-running resolution(s):
    Finish Msc..... (not far now)
    Keep in touch with friends and family more
    Be less dependent on Starbucks to make the working day more bearable......
    Keep caffine intake to a minimum
    Do more home cooking

I have my work cut out!
    Happy festive season all!!!!
  • Running resolutions:
    To train consistently and sensibly.
    To improve my PBs at all distances up to 100k during 2007.

Non-running resolutions:
    To consolidate on last year's. I'm not ready for any new acts of self-improvement just yet.
  • Running resolutions:
    Not to spend more time thinking up reasons to come home from work and put feet up than actually running!
    Stick to a training plan and complete GNR in around 2 hrs.

Non-running resolutions:
    Weight loss....to end 2007 weighing less than I do in January.
    Knock the booze on the head.
  • Running resolutions:
    In a word, consistency. I tend to do really well for months and next to nothing for many more. The goal for next year is 5000M - low enough to fit very easily into my regular weekly mileage, but high enough to not be able to slack for long. If I can manage that, all my other running related goals (PBs, targets, weight) should fall into place.

Non-running resolutions:
    To be totally self-sufficient (all 7 of us!) with regards to meat and dairy by end of 2007.
  • ooooooh
    a Pantman!

good to see you
  • Pants - good to see you back on the Forum - you've been absent for too long.

Running resolutions:
    - to run at least every other day
    - to stick to some semblance of a plan or schedule
    - to run less alone and more with Club colleagues
    - to get my long runs going again
    - to become more competitive in my new age group.

Non-running resolution:
    - to do better at getting the right work/home/running/life thingy balance sorted out.
  • Every year I promise to keep a log of my miles, but find it too anoraky. I have done it in the past but was frightened by how few miles I run (but still expect to run pbs). A good exercise in motivation though and if you want, a good way to improve spreadsheet skills.
  • Good luck everyone!

I've added one more, but it's not so much a resolution as something to look forward to when I go back to working from home (no more x-London commuting yippeeeeeeeee): I've signed up for a salsa and latin class. Whether it improves my running or not is moot, but I'm right excited about it :)

Sleighbelle you're very brave to resolve to give up caffeine. I fear I'd find that (as well as the bit about 'no guilt') pretty much impossible.... though I did go for a run first thing this morning without coffee, and managed to get further than 50 yards. Normally I'm pretty dependent on it tho'. Unfortunately, so are my *&$%!! zits...
  • Running - to listen to those around me when given advice. to maintain my current running fitness, to complete to more half marathons by the end of the year.

Non Running, carry on ignoring the wife when she talks to me, take the dad's taxi sign of the rear window, make my family walk or catch buses, so i dont have to wait around in car parks around various towns waiting for someone to come out of either the doctors hospital or shopping centre. To not touch a drop of Beer and eat more sensible. not pick my nose and flick it. Use toilet paper instead of the Radio times. Only Joking
  • I thought Easy when I saw this,
    but........

Need to go and have serious think now !

Good to see you Pants.

All the best, for those of you who have made your resolutions.
  • Running:

Stick to my training plan as much as possible and try not to make my injury problems worse.

Non-running:

Reduce wine and beer intake.
    Get my IM-swim down to 1:40
    Be nicer to people.
  • Gave this one some thought.

Running:

- To aim to run everyday of the coming year (I run everyday anyway, but starting at the beginning of this year puts me in a position to complete a whole year this time)

- To average at least around 3380 for the year (I run around 70mpw, looking to go higher, but as a yearly average, I would like the figures to not drop below this if possible)

- To get up to optimal mileage (I would like to think I will level off around 80-90 if I can handle this - though other factors apply. I'll need to test what can be done, safely.)

- To stay mostly or all injuy free - this year has been pretty good to me, with only one or two problems in the year anyway. Both in the last third of the year which put me out a few days, and the most recent foot issue which put me on/off for a week.

- Keep improving on my current PB's. 2006 was the year in which I started to see what I could do as a runner, in a city, as part of a running club. So 2007 is the year to look at what I can do now I'm more settled down to bring the times down - closer to my nearest competitors. This in brief means, going low 32 for 10k or better, a faster mile time within the 4 min bracket, low 15 for 5k and obtaining better times and race placings in the track season, and for all races.

Ambitious, yes. I think that covers my aims though.

Non running:

- I need to devote a bit more time to social events outside of running, for which running usually takes precedence over. :(

- Pass my course of study

- Look for a job in the immediate future

- Consider my longer term career prospects.
  • Running: actually enter the Snowdon marathon - I am desperate to do it, after all.

Non-running: all biggies I'm afraid. Stop messing about with idiots and find the man of my dreams. Sort career out and do something about finding the money for an MBA. Tell my best friend she takes the piss too much. Improve my skiing and book a skiing trip in 07. Buy a car so I can get out of London and climb and camp more.

Oh, and if I can improve international political harmony, I'll give that a crack too ;)
  • Stuart - An impressive list - hope you manage them all!
  • Running Goals:

* To run two marathons this year.
    * To run one of those marathons in 4 hours 15 mins my best so far is 4 hours 36mins).
    * To keep a consistent running log throughout the year.

Non Running Goals:

* The usual, eat healthy and lose weight.
    * Learn a language.
    * Buy a house.
  • Some great resolutions coming out there - mine are more goals than resolutions.

Running Goals:
    5K - 26 mins
    10K - 55 mins
    1/2 Mara - 2 hours (in my dreams)
    Mara - 4.15-4.30

Not to skip sessions
    To stretch and do core strength (haha)

Non-Running:
    Study Hard
    Find a workable balance between earning money and studying
    Get some of my articles published - here's one on goal setting which might be relevant to some of you.

http://www.smartersport.com/ss/portal.aspx?T=OpenArticle&FileName=20.htm
  • Running goals:

- 21 minute 5k / 43 minute 10k / 1:45 half
    - more consistant pace in my long runs

Non-running goals

- 8.5 stone target weight - about half a stone to lose (initial weight before running: 16.5 stone).
    - Keep at the healthy eating I managed for most of last year.
    - Improve my business
    - Take up sculpture in stone/metal
  • Running Resolutions: To calm down and get more sense of perspective. To miss the odd run and not obsess about it. To avoid overtraining. To do more cross training.
    Reasons; 2006 (at age 46) was my "100%" year. I averaged over 80mpw with more than a few 100 mile weeks. Set PBs all over the place in the first 5 months of the year (including finally breaking 3 hour barrier at marathon), then completely bonked and ran poorly in second half of year due to cumulative fatigue, lack of recovery, and general over-stretching it.

Running Goals: 2.45 marathon, but I am no longer obsessed. I can happily live with 2.53 as my all-time PB and won't sacrifice all again in the quest. Focus will shift to mountain marathons (KIMM,LAMM, SLMM, etc.) in 2007. Would like to complete at least one or two of the above successfully.

Non-running goals: Be a better father.
  • Up until my knee gave up on me in 2005, I could regularly run 10k in under 50 mins. I now have had the operation (cartilage), physio, & now training full on again. So sounds a backwards step, but I will be happy to get back to where I was 2 yrs ago. Also would like to get across to the Alps some time this year & compete in a Triathlon.

BB.