Your running resolution for 2007

2»

Comments

• Running -a new Pb for 10K
    Non running -reduce whisky consumption by half.
  • Vicki.. bloody well done on the weight loss... that is seriously impressive!!

:)

• Running

Sub 20 5K, done on the treadmill so just need a race.

Sub 40 10K, Greenwich Meridian in March, unless there is an earlier one in/around London (or Liverpool or Hamburg).

Sub 90 1/2, Liverpool end of March.

Sub 3:30 Full, Possibly Dublin on October

Join a running club, probably London Heathside.

Non-running

Get a different job.
    Seriously improve Spanish.
    Loose 5 kg - to improve running time.
    Cycle the c2c.
    Cycle the b@stard hills of North London.
  • Running (only been running for 2 months so mine might be quite simple!)
    - Keep on enjoying it!
    - Run the 10k in under 1hr 10min I've entered next week
    - Run the 10mile race in Feb in under 2 hours
    - Run the two half maras I've entered in under two and a half hours

Non-Running
    - look beautiful in my wedding dress in July! About a stone and a half to go!!
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    general resolutions

stretch properly before and after each run..ideally every day as a habit!

Play less harmful football..cut down from my 44 football games of last year

enter more races (22 last year)..but more interesting ones at different places, not just doing the local ones year in year out.

time aims..age 25...once all my niggly little injuries relax

5k target 17:30 (current pb 17:57)
    5m target sub 30 (current 30:40)
    10k target sub 40 at first...at some point sub 38 (current pb 38:27 but haven't been within 1min 30 of this in 4 more goes!)

1/2m sub 1hr 25 (current pb 1:25:46)

all depending onstaying relatively injury free and managing the running/work/relationships divide!!
  • Sleighbelle Cath, I'll see you in September. M1 has got A LOT to answer for, the bullying git ;-)
    I make no new years resolutions. I do, however, faithfully promise to resurrect this thread next December. Purely in an attempt to keep you all true to your goals, not because I'm spiteful or anything like that :-)
  • I would like to start the year by managing to keep some of my toe nails. I went running the other day and my second toe feels a bit tender and i have already lost 2!! Any tips?
  • Running:Run the Cardiff marathon in four hours

Non Running:Live life to the full, life too short not to(the new year so feeling
    philosophical)
  • Start using a heart rate monitor and resist the tempation to race so often , with a view to hopefully recovering properly and setting a pb of sub 1.40 for a half marathon
  • Running:

To complete the London Marathon in 5-5.15 hours by:

completing 4 shorter runs and 1 long run a week, gradually increasing mileage!

Non-Running:

To stop being my own worst critic

Worrying

Reacting badly to others stinky attitudes

To complete an massage course

I wish everyone loads of luck with theirs! xx
  • Acknowledge I have a drink problem and sort it out.
  • Ah stuff it. I want to know who's slipped already. C'mon fess up.
  • I have resolved to run a thousand miles this year.

In 2006 I felt my running had gone backwards and my times were getting progressively slower. When I sat down to work it out I found I'd clocked about 550 miles on the Garmin, a lot less than I'd thought.

Took advantage of the Christmas break to build my mileage back up and am doing ok so far, but am aware I need to aim for at least 100 miles a month to get ahead of my target and allow for downtime through holidays, injuries, colds etc.

My non-running resolution was to expand my musical horizons by not buying any more compilations or CDs of albums I already own on vinyl and trying some more current acts.
  • I want to meet you and your country (I'm from Poland) by starting in the largest number of events.