Sub 25 - and beyond!

Comments

• Hipps
    Sounds excellent and interesting. (God what a trite comment! By me I mean,)

New shoes of any description: hurrah!
  • orange they are

they look too nice to go out in

• Hippo

New shoes are always lovely.

• Got it wrong Bernard is working for April Serpies, but could do May.

• Sharkie

How did you get on at the dentist?
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hello Friends

Really sorry not been posting here for a long time.

Sorry Tracey meant to reply to your email as well.

But i'm ok much better than i was was feeling low and pretty sorry about myself.

I'll post a email to you, Tracey ansd Sharkie (or anyone else that wants to listen to my waffle) at some point as don't really want to air all my feelings
    to everyone. But give me time working later on but i will get round to it.

Will get back to this running lark
  • I want to listen pammie
    If i can help-i will
  • Pammie

I have been told that I am a good listerner.
  • cealceal ✭✭✭
    Pammie
    you already know that I would love to hear from you. x
  • SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Pammie - I try to be a good listener too. If it is post-marathon related, I may have been through something similar.
  • SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Hippo - course sounds good. Taking care of your posture is so important. I get effleurage and petrissage in my ayurvedic massages.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hippo, Tracey, Ceal Sharkie and Chouette you should have mail hope i haven't bored you all silly
  • Ayurvedic massage

ooooooooooooooooh-with oils and stuff?

Id better stop it, Ill turn into a New age freak and then sharkie wont talk to me;))
  • SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Kazz - what is your nutrition course?

sharkie - you didn't say much about your dentistry, unless I missed it. You may feel wiped out for a couple of days so I hope you won't beat yourself up if you don't feel like running.

Food... today not typical as I was out all day but usually:

My flakes mix (spelt and buckwheat), or porridge, or Shredded Wheat or muesli. Soya milk + banana.

Salad, especially lots of grated carrot, bread or crispbread (I'm addicted to crunch), nuts, sometimes tuna or sardines, often half an avocado. Soya yog + wheatgerm. Apple or two. Lindt 85% chocolate.

Dinner is usually Indian-based, spicy veg/pulses. Large portion (at least 100g) rice, chapatis, millet, quinoa. Or pasta and veg. I'm lucky, I love everything wholegrain. Fruity dessert like crumble, or more fruit, or coconut caramel. Often ice cream.

What a pig I am. And I am always hungry!
  • sounds mega 'elthy to me Chou

Looks guiltily at pork pie
  • SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Yes Hipps, masses of oil, even on your hair. You can ask not to have it on your hair - lots of peeps don't like to have their hair messed up. But I love it.
  • ha ha
    that reminded me of everyones hairdos at the end of the massage weekend
  • SivSiv ✭✭✭
    Well, probably more dairy products than that, especially cheese. But I still don't deserve to have high cholesterol [whinge whinge].
  • thats genetic
    if you ate like i do, your cholesterol would be much higher
  • Lots to talk about. Just got in from 8 miles, need feeding and cleaning,back later.

HOWEVER - quick quick quick...

Chouette
    Smart girl!
    I knew I would feel crap after the extraction on Monday - so it was my planned rest day. I hadn't reckoned on still feeling bit lacklustre and sorry for myself yesterday - but you were right, I did.

End of this week will be tricky so I have to front load it to get my 30 plus. So I forced myself to do an 8 miler yesterday. Plus 45 mins hill walk. Annoyed I felt wiped out. But a good night's sleep (nearly 8 hours - unheard of for me!) did the trick and i have just done another 8, plus 45 mins hill walk this am.

Heart rate details later.
    Now where's that porridge and vanilla yoghurt...
  • Hippo

Don't let JJ hear you have a pork pie LOL.

• I no longer have a pork pie tracey

it is GONE
  • I was sure JJ could smell one miles away.

My legs ached a bit last night in bed from my pilates, but are fine now.

Sharkie

I am doing Feb serpies, will book March and May. Will not do April, as I have a 10k race on the Sunday and I want to do well in. Will come to the April race and support you all.
  • Pammie

You are not silly and you have not bored me.

Tracey

x
  • Chouette, I'm doing one of the OU's short courses - Understanding Human Nutrition(http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C02SK183)

I know enough about nutrition to know that my diet this week has been appalling. Pub lunch with the girls on Monday (sausage baguette and chips), pub lunch today (kangaroo burger, small handful of chips and 2 glasses of wine), sausage roll and chips tonight and to compound things it's the London curry night on Friday! A bad week even by my recent slack standards. Still next week will be a new start - won't be able to afford bad foods now I'm not earning!!!
  • kangaroo burger?????????

thats probably ok isnt it
    what does it taste like
  • Kaz

You will be joining me in the reduced section of the supermarket.

I am interest about what kangaroo burgers taste like.

Sharkie

You will be proud of the fruit and veg I am eating.
  • Off to watch J.Oliver Esq.
    But here's today's food:

Breakfast - fish and veg as already described in mind numbing detail.
    Green tea with brekka.

About 4 mugs of instant coffee with soya milk plus sometimes splash of milk.
    double plus espresso, dark chocolate.

Mid morning - porridge made with apple juice plus vanilla yoghurt.

Dinner/lunch two thick slices of toast - usually sour dough but today sesame seed from good bakers - studded with walnut pieces. (yum)
    mixing bowl full of salad.
    greeen tea

Afternoon - I am trying to drink a BIT less (instant) coffee so I have an organic chicory thing from now on, with milk and or soya milk.

more porridge and vanilla yog after running.
    probably 4 bits of treacle toffee

Tea: Mixing bowl full of salad nicoise.

Treble espresso + dark choc.

Pudding - usually about 9 o clock, a small chocolate soya desert thing. Ice cream is good too.

Also today - some pistachios, handful of nuts and oats mix thing I make up.

probably more chicory drink, possibly more bread or yog before I go to bed.

fairly typical day although I usually have an apple or two in season. And often one or two more espressos!
  • Kangaroo is lovely. A lot more tender than you might think. Had it when I was in Oz last year. Yep, Hipp it's supposed to be low fat.

T, I quite like a wander round the reduced counter. My shopping basket must look really weird as I'll have reduced/Tesco Value stuff and Finest in the same shop!

My normally high daily intake of fruit and veg has been lacking this week. Oops!
  • (((Pammie))) soz to hear you're going thro' the mill. Take it easy. You've got my number if you need it x