Marwell Zoo 10K

Comments

• Phil R 50
    Fat Fyes 180 (58 or less)
    Tracey G 66
    CDP 138 59 mins
    Y2Jimbob...best part of a day
  • I might get the hang of this in a minute!

Phil R 50
    Tracey G 66
    CDP 138 59 mins
    RunningHammer 310 48 mins or so
  • It's catching on...

Phil R 50
    Tracey G 66
    CDP 138 59 mins
    Paul R 1115 55 mins (fingers crossed!)
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Just looked at the weather and it is hot again. We are off to Winchester tomorrow lunch time and I have packed summer clothes. It is too late now, because hubby took them to the caravan.

Phil R 50
    Tracey G 66 (59 or less)
    CDP 138 59 mins
  • Well no running due to excessive work for a week now but OK for sunday.

Phil R 50 both number and finish time (I hope)
    Tracey G 66 (59 or less)
    CDP 138 59 mins
  • Good luck everyone!!! I am a member of Eastleigh Rc and running in the fun run in an animal costume then running the 10k. Going for sub 42- but will have to see how undulating this course actually is first!! See u all tommorrow.
  • Ooohh, its so exciting!!! Not sure I'll run a good time cos I may have to stop and look at all the fluffy aminals!

See you all tomorrow!

Good luck and everything. Can't wait to see your animal costume Manty!
  • Well done to everyone who participated today - it was rather warm , or was that just me? Thought I was well hydrated ahead of the race and always carry a small water bottle with me to be safe anyway, but was having to use it before I'd even got to 3k...... Not good for me I'm afraid, but I think I did just beat the time from my previous entry 2 years ago.

Hope the young girl was okay who'd collapsed in the funnels at the end.....

DD

• Roger 333Roger 333 ✭✭✭
    20 degrees - ish.

Good race,thanks to all who were involved on the organisation side...1100 runners !?

Blimey that's a LOT for a local 10K.

Crept round slightly better than Winchester slightly worse than Two Saints...hey ho.

Hope the lady with the bashed nose who fell over on the Totton 10K did okay - and big hello to all the Halterworth Harriers posing for their group shot at the Start !

Sunny day, leopards,rhinos and meerkats....who could ask for more ?

The Eastleigh Running Club site may take a while to put the results up , so if anyone spots them elsewhere I'd appreciate a link ( curiosity only :-) )

Roger - on, on !
  • Well I had a lovely day! Bit hilly though for a PB!

I have to say, the organisation was fab! And the kids enjoyed a wonder around the zoo afterwards.

1100 runners is alot, had no idea it was that many.

Now looking forward to Moors Valley 10k in a couple of weeks which is also a lovely run and a bit flatter....thoroughly recommend it for peeps with kids.

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Fat Fyes

Did your son enjoy his fun run? My hubby took a couple of photos of him, so will send them to you later on.

My time today was 58:48 by my watch, which is a pb. My official time was just inside 59mins.

• Hiya Tracey!

Yes he did enjoy it in the end, even though he was going to back out of running at the last minute. I appreciate you taking him to the start even if he did run off ahead! Would love to see the photos!

I managed to get 55.40 by my watch althogh I cross the finish line at about 56ish. My best time is 54.40 so I'm quite pleased considering it was such a hilly run.

Lovely to meet you!
  • Tracey Where are you? Well done - that's fantastic. Bet you're glad you didn't do that 5k as well now! So pleased for you. Fab, fab, fab, fab, fab.
  • Thanks for your comments all,

We all had a great time and are very glad you all enjoyed it too.

I can re assure you that no one was suffered any lasting injury during or after the race.

We hope to have the results up on our web site within a couple of days. If you are local the Southern Daily Echo have promised to publish the results on Weds and the Hampshire Chronicle on Thursday. Hope they keep their word

See you next year

Steve Barney (Race Director)
  • Steve B,
    Marvellous day and a big thanks to all your supporting team.

Managed to get under 50 mins on my watch but needed a 4.14 last K to do it. Race time was over but a slow shuffle to the start accounted for that.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Steve B.

I had a fab day and so did my kids. Best of all was getting a pb. Sadly will not be able to do it next year, as my hubby is working. But I will be back as it is one of my favourite race.

Big thank you to all the marshalls and Marwell Zoo.

There is only one small thing, my daughter got a 10k medal instead of fun run medal. I hope you had enough 10k medals for the runnners.
  • Tracey

Glad you enjoyed it... and how did you manage a pb on those hills? - well done !

Send me your details by e mail or let me know her race number and I'll make sure your daughter gets the correct fun run medal.

No one missed out on a medal thanks

Steve
  • Thanks,hard working Steve B,

Great organisation , loads of marshals out on the course , good finish area . I had forgotten how hard those hills were!
    Tom Frost.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Steve B

I cannot email you through RW as you have not enabled your email.
  • lovely day out, i really enjoyed this one despite those hills!

I managed 47:30 which is nowhere near a PR but i wasn't expecting anything better than that so still happy.

will definitely be back next year!
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I did a PW!! Just didn't feel right on the day, had stitch and ended up walking the hills which is not like me :( Great course though and well marshalled. Steve, I spoke to you going up one of the hills - suggesting it was you to blame for it all!

There was a lady who went a flier just coming into the zoo at the top of the run down the little slope, hope she was OK, a few grazes I would imagine.

I will return next year and slay that particular dragon!
  • Another well run event, this was my third time and this must have had more runners than ever before.

Funny how you forget that hill at 6k, which must be the worst, but this is not a patch on Longleat chaps!!

I PBed for Marwell at 57.30 which was 5 minutes faster than last year. Not a 10k PB for me but very happy to beat the hour for the first time here.

Great run, thanks to the organisers
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    CDP

Congrulations on your course pb. I knock 2mins 28 mins of last years Marwell Zoo. There is also that last little hill at 9k.
  • TraceyG, is that 30 minutes then ;^)

I was too numb for the 9k hill, there is the nice little incline to the finish that seals the deal as well.

Well done, what have you planned next? I don;t have anything booked until the Great South Run and need to get my act together.

Clive
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    CDP

I ran up all the hills this year. Only stop and the 1st water station for a few seconds.

I am doing the following races:

Sevenoaks 7 13/5/07
    Serpentine 5k 24/5/07
    Horndon on Hill 10k 24/6/07
    Serpentine 5k 29/6/07
    Harlow 10 5/8/07
    Beachy Head marathon 27/10/07

Might do Great Baddow 10 mile race.
  • Morning!

Tracey, thanks so much for the pictures! Really appreciate that, and your little ones certainly look like they enjoy a good run!

CDP! I almost cried when I had to look up at the finishing line! Still managed to race up it a bit though, but was very close to vomitting down the shorts of the fella in front of me bending over in the middle of the que to get out.

Are the results out anywhere yet?
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Can anyone remember the name of the photo company.

FF, those nauseous feelings are awful aren't they, plus the swaying feeling whilst you are going through the funnels, I always worry that one of these days I will throw up or collapse!!
  • Just seen the guys' results now available from ERC website too in the usual place.

DD
  • www.prosportphotos.com, I think..... If not, try .co.uk. There's some excellent images of everyone!

DD