llandudno 10

Does anyone know if the llandudno 10 is going to be run again this year as I seem to recollect that there were attempts to get it sorted for this year?

Comments

• Hi Snap,

Just checked the North Wales Road Runners website. It hasn't been updated since it advised of the 2006 cancellation. It still reads:

LLANDUDNO 10 RACE
    THE LLANDUDNO 10 WILL NOT BE TAKING PLACE THIS YEAR, THERE ARE A NUMBER OF REASONS, ROAD CLOSURES AND LAW CHANGES.
    WE ARE HOWEVER WORKING WITH OUR SPONSORS, THE COUNCIL AND POLICE TO SEE A CLEAR WAY FORWARD FOR NEXT YEAR. SO WATCH THIS SITE FOR NEWS.

I'm at a border's league race in a few weeks and will ask a few of the North Wales runners if they know if it's to be held this year.
  • thanks crowie,
    Will keep my eye out for any news as this is one race that will be sorely missed
  • crowie,
    any update on the llandudno 10?
  • Hi Snap,

Doesn't look good!

I heard one runner say it wasn't on this year just the other week.

To back this up all reference to the Race seems to have been removed from the North Wales Road Runners website including the above message that says watch this space.

Forgot to ask any of the Welsh boys at the Village Half on Sunday but will see some of the Abergele lads at Trafford 10K a week on Sunday so will ask them then.