Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Work aside, I dont get what the rest of the population do, tbh.

This bad weather is wrecking my plans though, and the ever present thing is about to come to an end, which is probably a good thing actually.

Until then, I shall fight on and get to as many as possible, as well as other grounds and clubs too. Today was ground 107 in total.
  • Brilliant. I am envious (don't know why as I should just do it myself).

It you ever make it to Newlandsfield, home of Pollok F.C., i'll buy you a pie.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me! Cheers!

I just added this week's two games to my season's records: I was already on 57 last week, so am now on 59.

:-D

Has cheered me up even more that has!
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    I have done exactly half the Scottish ones, and there are some stinkers to get to if you dont drive- I dont, so some of them were real trials of love.

Arbroath remains one of my favourites, along with Elgin oddly enough, Dundee United and Brechin.

Ach, I loved them all bar Stirling to be honest. Never could get into them at all. Preferred Stenny- have got two of their replica shirts. Am hoping to get to East Stirling, Hearts, Cowdenbeath and Ibrox just as soon as possible. These are all burning targets, amongst the many.
  • Tannadice is a good'un.

Odd for me as I am a Dundee fan :S

I saw Cowdenbeath win the championship title last year. Odd ground. High fencing surrounds the pitch as it is used for stock car racing during the week

It, and the town in general, has an Eastern European feel to it.

I am going to Prague in March and hope to make it to a game.

Been to any overseas games?

I have been to see Roma v Udinese and a Madrid derby :)

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Not many- odd as I lived in Spain for a year, but in the middle of nowhere!

I have been to a few 'non-league' grounds in Spain, but no major ones.

Neuchatel Xamax in Switzerland is about as big as my foreign jaunts have gone, in the QF of the Swiss Cup 5 years back.

I like Roma and would like to get to Juve as my main foreign target.

Having said that, I'd swap all of those for the Blue Brazil! It sounds great!
  • Roma was great, although their fans ain't exactly charmers.

Great experience though.

Ive been to Barcelona a few times but always in the off season so have never seen a game at the Nou Camp :(

Supposed to be cheap as chips too.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Same here with Barcelona.

I wish I had gone inter-railing when I was a student, and stopped off for a game in each country. Money was the only issue really.

I am tempted to try and jump on easy jet to some of the cities in the world and see a few random matches, might be fun.

Can only do this once my ever present thing is broken- is becoming an albatross actually. I say this- I love the experiences, but our manager is killing the club. We mostly want him out.
  • That's the nature of obsession though, isn't it. Against all reason.

I must admit I had enough with DFC a few years ago. Former season ticket holder but the board (and a dubious Chief Executive) threw the club into chaos.

To pay £20 to get into the ground and then have to wipe clean your seat because it is covered with dirt is just taking the piss.

And I, for one, wasn't prepared to put up with that.

One feels more appreciated, and gets better footie for the buck, at non-leaguers.

That said, non-league football in England is a grade higher. You guys are about the same level as our higher first division/lower SPL.
  • friend of mine (Man Utd fan) has been all round Europe watching games...

Can't now because of kids etc but sounded incredible.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you have to do stuff as and when you can. One day, all this jaunting around will come to a natural end, or at least slow down, if and when I get a family on the go.

Then I'll come back to it when they are older again, I hope.

The levels are very different yeah. We signed Graeme Law at the start of the season, from Dundee. He is average at this level, though hardly given a chance by his boss.
  • Whoa. thrilling 3-2 home win for AFC vs Guiseley in front of 2,100. We hung on for the last 15 minutes as they threw everything at us. 10 points clear in the Unibond and 4th largest crowd outside the football league.
    Look. I've been a fan for years. I know this isn't going to last, just indulge me for a while..
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Of course it can last. You are a big club.

There is no reason why, now you are back on course, that you cant make it through to the league.

I think you possible should and even ought to, to be honest.

You have great fans, very loyal, and by sheer weight of numbers you are indeed a massive club at this level.

We struggle for 1400, and this will be our demise. Back to Conf north level where our club 'belongs' unfortunately.
  • It IS good though & i'm enjoying every minute; I've been a fan for many years and in a strange way, TUFC going bust in '04 and AFC Telford starting over again has been the best thing that could have happened to football in this area.
    We were extremely lucky to have the legacy of the wonderful New Bucks Head stadium, but being a Supporters' Trust club we only have the ££ we can generate, so appearances are deceptive, we don't even pay the highest wages in the Unibond. Though our management team are inspirational, cash talks - even at this level and I think it'll be a few years before we're competitive with the 'big boys' in the Conference again(Of course, i HOPE it'll be the season after next :) )
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    :o))))

I am a happy bunny today. 3-0, and they played the best football I've ever seen them play.

Top class day.
  • Wondered when the Scottish talk would get to the mighty Blue Brazil, fantastic season last year but unfortunately when teams like the Beath get promoted higher league teams spot the good players and make offers that can't be refused hence the recent run of results. We've lost a great midfielder in Markus Patellainen (sp) to the SPL. and a top manager going back to Finland, top scorer Buchannan to follow them out of Cowden soon too, sob.

Hoping to get up to see them at QOS in the cup in a fortnight, makes it a bit difficult to see them more than once or twice a season when you live in Birmingham!

Have been fortunate enough to see a player run off the pitch at Central Park chasing the ball and fall into one of teh huge truck tyres that ring the pitch, you just don't get that at Villa Park!
  • Aah QOS, the only team in the bible.

The Queen Of The South
    by Wayne Blank

"Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, "Teacher, we wish to see a sign from You." But He answered them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here. The Queen of the South will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here." (Matthew 12:38-42 RSV
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Match 60 of the season done and dusted, and our little protest got the manager sacked.

Am rather pleased with that.

:-D
  • I hope you are when you get Berti Vogts as a replacement...

:))

Going to Pollok v Renfrew on Saturday at 1.45pm.

Big game. Plenty of aggro.

:)
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Crawley at home for us.
  • Chelski away for us

Gulp

is there any hope at all ?
  • If Ballack is playing there is :)
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Celtic at home for us.

After last week's performance, there is a good chance of taking something from it.

<touches wood>
  • Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe and Jan Vennegoor of Hessalink (a recent hat-trick hero) - how big are their shirts?

• No game for us, sorry no proper game. Out of FA Cup. Friendly at AFC Bournemouth.

Went there when it weas Dean Court, Fitness First Stadium now. Or something similar.
  • Luton away for us, 12:30 ko on Saturday. Anyone remember 3pm kick offs???
  • :)

We have them in summer.

Can't just now because we have no floodlights ;)