Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• It is a good one DD but I face a dilemma.

I've booked in for the Milton Keynes half-marathon on Sun 7th March (10am start).

I also want to buy my ticket for the Reading - Villa cup tie, starting at 1:45.  Do I give up one for the other, or try both?

BTW - tonight's match Binfield v Thatcham Youth is off!  Fingers Crossed for the Berks & Bucks Cup Tie on Sunday (Beaconsfield v Thatcham)

• knock the half off in 65 minutes.

race up motorway.

cheer the lads on to loss.

Simple, really.

• A couple of flaws with that plan......

My current half-marathon time is 2:14, and I think we'll get a draw, the replay will go to Extra time (again!) and we'll win on pens at Villa Park image

• Beaconsfield game was off on Sunday.

This means it'll be Sunday 7th March!! A thrid thing to add to that day that I want to do -b*gg*r!

There is a game scheduled for this Weds too, away to Cove - wonder if that'll be on?!

By the way - what a win for the Royals on Saturday (5-0!)

DD - commiserations for yesterday image

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Cove's ground is diddy. Been there on a non match day.

Villa were shite tbh. Man U were there for the taking, but much like Chelsea in 2000 FA Cup final, we bottled it.

• I'm hoping the Cove game is not called off!!  at this rate they'll still be playing league matches in June!

Are you coming to Reading on Sunday DD?  I know you mentioned before that you wanted to visit the Mad Stad.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Unlikely, to the point of almost impossible andy, as much as I would love to.

Tickets will run out by then, or at least the villa website will make it almost impossible for villains in exile to get hold of tickets. Then, I cant get there so easily from here. Not on me own and my mate has got his kids this weekend so he wont be able to drive.

Odds dont look good unfortunately.

• That's a shame DD - another time hopefully!  I'm going to go for it Sunday - run the MK half, shower and change at work, then drive to Reading for the match!

So far so good also for the Thatcham game at Cove this evening - fingers crossed.

• That's sadimage

I always remember his Lincoln team that played so well in the play-offs for a number of years, always just missing out on promotion.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Tis sad indeed. I remember that too, andy.

Makes you stop and think, doesnt it?

• Certainly does - fair play to the guy for the way he approached his work and life - he was one of the good guys.
  • Was there a minutes silence @ Wembley last night?

If there was ITV went to an ad break.

He was no age,but apparantly knew he was @ risk to another & still he choose to continue in football management.

• I don't know BRT - I was freezing my bits off over in Farnborough!!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

On this day in history...(or the closest Saturday to it)...I was at....

2009 Ibstock United v Radford, 2-2.

2008 Greenwood Meadows v Radcliffe Olympic, 0-0.

2007 Tamworth v Aldershot, 2-0.

2006 Grays v Tamworth, 5-0.

2005 Dagenham v Tamworth, 0-0.

2004 Tamworth v Telford, 0-1.

2003 No game.

2002 York v Bristol Rovers.

2001 Sutton Coldfield Town v Evesham.

• DD you have some memory!!
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Not really. I have a cracking excel spreadsheet, however!

Having said that, I do remember an awful lot of games and dates, and wonderfully random things too.

March 6 th 2010 will go down in history as the day bottom of the table Rugby Town hosted mid table Oxford City and caused a huge upset, recording only their second win of the season, hammering Oxford 4-0.

Goal average per game is good this year, 203 in 54 games ie  3.75.

Stats galore!

• Man I ache!!

Ran the MK Half this morning - made it back to the footy in time to see all the goals.  Congrats DD, but gutted we started the second half too slow.  Proud of how Reading played though, and pleased with my medal from the race.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Well done on the race(s). The one that gave the medal and the one that let you see the match!

Chelsea next round. At least it is at Wembley...

• Would love to see Pompey win it.

• For the neutral, a Villa v any of the other three would be an entertaining and enjoyable final.

Anyone but Chelsea again pleeeeeease!!

• Good to see The Thread recognising one of the Lower League stalwarts. Proud of yer, chaps.

Minutes silence @ the Bucks Head on Saturday for Keith , shortly before we pummelled the mighty Solihull Moors FC to a 0-0 draw.  Another clean sheet .

what a shame the FA cup semis are played at Wembley. It really spoils it for me, it's not like there aren't any big stadia in the country anymore.
  • Chester City wound up in the Courts today image
    Farsley Celtic unable to complete fixtures, all players reported to have been released. Not long now image

Sad days indeed for football.

• On the plus side Alan, I know Chester City supporters have been discussing with AFC Wimbledon how to re-start and reform.  It'll be better in the long term for Chester City although it's painful right now, as they are looking to set up in a similar fashion to AFC Wimbledon.
  • Very sure there will also be plenty of support for the Chester City supporters from FCUM.

Onwards & upwards from today & probably a brighter future for all concerned.

• They've also had a lot of help from AFC Telford, Chester's not that far from us. The Supporters Trust clubs are always generous with their time and help. When Telford went bust, we got some help from AFCW and Exeter City. I remember going to big meetings where these guys spoke, and although yes, you were devastated at losing the club, you came out thinking 'just maybe it might work'. They were very inspirational.
    There is some talk of Chester getting back into Unibond Div 1 or...possibly...the League of Wales. Not as bizarre as it may seem.... as 3/4 of the Deva Stadium is actually in Wales...

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Tis a shame but it puts the fans out their misery. Been looming over them for too long. Still, new team next year, lower down, sure, but so many teams have proven you can move back up again. On the plus side for fans, several years of winning ahead, feel good times on the terraces of the Deva, whcih is where they will certainly play, and loads of new grounds to hop to.

That said, I wouldnt swap places...

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Telford United, Chester City...Hereford then Shrewsbury relegated to conference....newport booted out the league, mertyr on the brink... its been a tough time for Welsh football, the last decade, eh?

• Would love to see Chester in the league of Wales,especially with all the muted changes & the potential new 12 team set up.

• Changing the subject chaps - What a laugh at the Mad Stad lst night with Robbie Savage in goal for Derby...

I'm off to Kintbury Rangers tonight for another new "ground"