Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Kintbury. Sounds exotic! Can I come please? image

Just had our school season re-start. Up against a team that beat us two nil last year, with their B team. Today, we hammered them 3-1, with a stonking performance. I was ready to bounce and burst everywhere!!

Dead chuffed tonight!

• It wasn't exotic DD - sorry to disappoint.

A home game at Thatcham Town tomorrow against Alton Town.

• musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    Newport County became Blue Square South Champions last night, winning the leage with 7 games to go and in front of a crowd of4221imageimage
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Thats great for Newport. Been watching them from afar for years. Must venture down there one day.

Congratulations!

• I saw that Musketeer - Congrats.  Will you wear your Newport County shirt at the Reading half this Sunday?
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

QPR v Swansea tomorrow.

Woopee!

• 0-1 vs Stalyvegas today, under a leaden sky, which summed up the whole season really.
    Becalmed in mid-table. No chance of making the BSN playoffs. Calls for the Manager's head. Local radio phone-in angst....lovin' it image.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Really pleased- two weeks ago a manager at a club I visited asked me to take some shots of the action. If they were good he would use them for his programmes, he said. Well, last week I sent him some and he loves them. Each home match between now and the end of the season, he says, will use my pictures!!! There are 5 matches left too. so thats lots of my pics being used!

Guess where I am heading today!

• West Ham fan myself. Kind of got it from my Mum who's been a supporter since her teens (that was a while ago image).

I've been to see a few games at Upton Park but because I now live in Devon, it's a bit of a trek to see the games (I'm not die-hard). Given our current performance, it'd probably be worth saving the money and watching Match of the Day.

• So chuffed for FGR image
    After a very tough week financially,they come from 1-3 down to win 4-3 & get out of the relegation zone image
  • I heard FGR were in a bit of £££ trouble. Don't think they'll be the last this season.

AFCTU 4-0 Hyde Utd (yes F-O-U-R). Spring sunshine. Due to other teams' incompetence, we are back on the edge of the BSN playoff race. Manager now hailed as tactical genius. Local radio phone-in love-in image

• I'm a Scottish and Irish league football supporter - and for this receive a lot of abuse from my EPL supporting friends. Still, I maintain, it's not really about having a chance of winning the league...or cups....or even games...it's just about your team

Makes me feel better when my teams get hammered, which happens a lot.

• Went to a new ground on Sat - Chalfont Wasps, to see my lad make his debut for Thatcham Town Reserves.  I'm not quite catching up with DD (photo-special) though.  Didn't even have to pay to get in - result!
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Hi to one and all, newbies and golden oldies. Lots of football there, good on you all.

Am so, so chuffed. My picture was indeed used as the cover shot, and they are using me for the remaining 4 games this season apparently.

Then, on top of all that, they have asked me to cover a charity event at the end of the season- there will be loads of ex league stars there! I get to cover the lot and leave any advertising that I want!!! Might sell some of my shots - GET IN THERE!!!

Needless to say, I went to bed with my programme and have bought several for family etc. Still bouncing about it!!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

And, with it being Easter hols, I hope to do some decent travelling the next few days.

Ground 284 all being well tomorrow, probably Watford. Then, anywhere from 3 to 6 matches this bank holiday weekend, depending how lucky I am!

Then, returning to my new friends to collect a new programme from the next match next Tuesday!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• DD - you are very Tigger-like with the bouncing image
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Indeed! 

*bounce*

Watford tickets bought online, just have to make the 112 mile pilgrimage to get there. Ironman bike ride anyone?

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

According to my records, I have not seen Watford since April 1985, down at Villa Park. Can't say I remember to much about it. It was a 1-1 draw apparently.

Wonder if it will be another 25 years til I see them again! And I wonder if there are any league teams out there I have never seen play.

A job for a rainy day, if ever there was!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Watford was ok. Had a nice couple of  hours down there, before the match. Its nothing special, the placeor the ground, but as every place and every ground, worth seeing in its own right.

Was hoping for lots of doubles this easter weekend, but games have been poorly arranged  with few non three or 7.45pm kick offs. Might now only get one in friday, saturday and monday.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Willenhall Town 0 v 3 Quorn. Noose Lane.

Typical Easter weather- piddled down and freezing cold.

Pitch more like a swimming pool than a field, and made play tricky. Mind you, so did having conceded an own goal withing 30 seconds of play. Bottom of the table, not for nothing, they ran themselves into the ground did Willenhall, but there was a chasm between themselves and third bottom Quorn, registering their first away win of the season.

Good little club shop in a metal bomb-proof jobbie, cracking ground in typical Unibond League style and all in all a nice afternoon out. Bit of a devil to find in the middle of black country sprawl, but wel worth a visit. Rumours are that the ground has been sold to a rival club from a much lower level but with much more money.

Go there while you can.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Saturday was Blaby and Whetstone. Leicestershire Senior League.

Small ground with one main interesting feature, a small shelter with three tiers of wooden benches, holding about 30 people tops, all painted in navy and white, club colours, and adorned with a big white BWFC lettering. Really unique.

Its other real claim to fame is that Kasabian come from the village and they played their first gig in the clubhouse, apparently.Having seen them at Rock City,  the Arena and at Marlay Park in Dublin, it is oddly not hard to imagine them playing a venue fit for 50 people. As they themselves would say....empire!  (that's blaby speak for great!)

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Today is another new ground we hope, weather notwithstanding. Not 100 % sure which one yet, but lowly Cradley Town of the Midland Alliance might be getting a pair of geeky groundhoppers coming to see them today!

Telford v Gloucester? Reading v Coventry? Pollok v AFC Bungleburdie Village Rovers? Should be a hat-trick of of home wins, no?

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Trust Bungleburdie to be the party poopers! 5 nil hammerings at home are never easy to swallow. Dude's been quiet ever since.

As for us, we did two on Monday in the end. Cradley are bottom of the division by a long way. Lovely set up on  a hill side in the west midlands. Went 5 down by half time, everybody expected the worst. Fought back remarkably in the second half and it ended 5-1. Then it was down to tiny Blackwood, who ground share with Hampton FC, near Solihull and Brum airport. I once counted planes landing and taking off at a Solihull match, thats how bored I was!

Nice set up, great bank behind one goal and all the way round the side of the pitch- great for multi level viewing. That one ended 6-1.

Next up on Tuesday, my new adopted club had my second programme cover- they both now sit proudly next to each other on our mantelpiece.

Last night had an enforced re-visit to Greenwood Meadows, as the only game I could get to. Their reserves versus Basford United reserves. After 70 frozen minutes somebody scored. Then again after 71! It ended 2-1 and provided a half decent spectacle, for all 4 of us not watching the Man U match on telly!

This far, Easter break has spawned: Kirby Muxloe x2, Watford, Willenhall,  Blaby and Whetstone, Cradley Town, Blackwood FC, Greenwood Meadows. That's 5/8 new grounds and lots of great football!

It would rude not to do one tonight, therefore...

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

http://www.gmfc.net/content/images/thumb/pic_cappiethecatclub.jpg

This will be Saturday's entertainer
  • I like that image

No AFCTU report, I was on me hols but I understand the Gloucs game was pretty dire stuff. Season now officially over as the club are becalmed in BSN mid-table. Lots of finger-pointing, and calls for the management team's heads, but to mis-quote the Clash "Should they stay or should they go?".

But having said all that, I'm looking forward to the last home game this Saturday, then it'll be the World Cup soon and then... the pre-season games beginimageimage

• Oh gawd. Updating my own thread .

AFCTU 2 Corby Town 4
    Last home game of the season. Funny atmosphere. Home fans falling out with each other over which player to criticise the most. Pitch very bobbly, like a green scab. 2-1 up at half time though on a hot afternoon. Looking like we'll go out in style..Corby came out 2nd half with some of their players having cut their long-sleeved shirts up (..they'll be in trouble if they make the playoffs...) and promptly fired in 3 goals without reply. Our supersub comes on ..and is substituted after 5 minutes with a cut head. Still , lots of applause for the team at the end as no doubt some are saying bye-bye. Phew. Thank goodness that's over for another year. Missing it already..

• Hi all.

Off to see Thatcham Youth v Wealdstone in the Allied Counties League Cup QF tonight.  Wealdstone should be much stronger but you never know....

Andyp

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Good stuff. Thatcham is where it's at, apparently. One day...

Probably only 2 games and 1 new ground this week. Collecting my 4th programme, all being well, on Thursday, then on Saturday we may venture down to Leamington, we think. Been meaning to get to see them for yonks now.

• What a game!

1-1 after full time, and then extra time so the drama of penalties.

Our boys held their nerve scoring all 4, and Wealdstone put one over the bar and the final pen was well saved by our keeper.

A 4-3 win on penalties and the semi finals beckon!!!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Hooray! My team played and lost today, no disgrace though with a good performance.A couple of soft goals conceded, but they have been troopers this year, so am not displeased with them for it.

Am displeased with myself though, coz I put my mobile phone down somewhere this morning, just home but canot for the life of me find where it is!