Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• DD - did you find it in the end?

I have just been away so missed my son's cup semi final.  They won 6-0, so I'm off to Uxbridge FC (another new ground) on Weds to see Thatcham Youth play London Colney in the Allied Counties Youth League Cup Final (Trips off the tongue easily doesn't it?)

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Andy, yes I did thanks. Good luck to your lad! Hope they trounce them!

I too have been away and am just in through the door- a very last minute decision  (ie 11pm Friday night) to do a weekend double...yesterday it was 3-2, today it was 4-1....

Guess where.

• Play-off matches per chance?
  • I'm becalmed in end-of-season nothingness. Our season ended last week (though in reality - February) . We've sacked the management duo. Jose isn't available - as Inter have made the Champions League final image. I can't conjure up any enthusiasm for the playoffs or the FA Cup final. I'm waiting for the When Saturday Comes World Cup pullout chart. Oh yes, and I renewed my season ticket last week image.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Not play offs, no. It was Swindon on the Saturday and then Reading on the Sunday. We even managed to visit the housing estate that was once the old ground. 

Shame about Telford- I never saw your guys this season, but on paper it looks a poor year really.

My season will rumble on just as long as I can humanly make it rumble on...4 more grounds I want to get to to reach the next milestone, hopefully all this season. Only definite one is tomorrow night, a little Midland Combination club called Newhall United.

Then, my next coaching badge starts in three weeks time and will see me through to the end of 2010, way into next season. Mostly half terms and Sundays though, fortunately.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Me again.  Dead pleased- did my first 'professional' photo shoot yesterday at my adopted club's annual fun day, with a load of ex pro players there (albeit it Leicester players, but we'll excuse them that!) Was fab- access all areas, I even commandeered a ladder to get me up on the roof of the stand, to get some good shots. Took nearly 2000 pics in 9 hours, some belters.

It was blessed by sun- but am very pink today! Now comes the onerous task of sorting and uploading pics to my gallery- some of the parents are looking at buying photos off me- would be great! 

They are a lovely bunch, really friendly and its a great atmosphere down there.

Am a happy bunny! image

• Hey DD. Great news for you about the photography. Thatcham won their league cup final 2-1. It was a very good game too. Some names of prev winners were Reading, brentford, Wycombe.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    So can we expect them in the Championship in the next ten years or so, Andy?
  • Got myself a div 1 play off final ticket,going with a few Swindon mates.

The lone green & gold amongst a sea of red & white next week boys.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Nice. Tempted to try for Millwall tickets, personally!

Just back in from game 79 of the season- about 14 fewer than last year- but ground 299 altogether. Was a last minute find, and at this stage of the season you take anything! Am looking at prolonging the season however to June 12th at least, with a Scottish game on the horizon...

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Started my next coaching badge tonight, peeps.

3 hours down, 97 to go!

How are we all anyway? Enjoying the end of season or clamouring after the World Cup and next season already?
  • Which badge you doing dan?

I am doing my UEFA C Licence in July.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Level 2 mate. I take it you are doing your course in Welsh Wales then? Its the same level if so, as I understand it, but in England we dont use teh UEFA tag til UEFA B.
  • Andy Sinton is the new Telford manager. Yes, that Andy Sinton.
  • dan dan wrote (see)
    Level 2 mate. I take it you are doing your course in Welsh Wales then? Its the same level if so, as I understand it, but in England we dont use teh UEFA tag til UEFA B.

I am indeed,Carmarthen.

What Andy'Apart from Geoff Thomas & Calton Palmer I am the worst ingerlund player of all time' Sinton of Ex Qpr?????????

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Be interesting to swap experiences!

I have done 3 nights, 6 hours so far. Got Tuesday to Saturday next week, 9 to 5.

A busy week!

• There's only one Andy Sinton. He's the future. This is the honeymoon period image

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Telford were after a tfc player as manager. Wish they had taken him.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Fixtures are out in Scotland for next season's CIS Cup 1st round...been buy scanning them for the last few grounds I haven't been to...Caley Thistle play at home on the day I am due to be heading up in that direction...if I can only persuade my mate to go along with it!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Day 1 of the practical done...I am on my knees, it's really intense and long.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    Ditto day 2. Fun though!
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Day 3. Intense isnt the word. The weather has been extreme: 1 day extreme rain folowed by two unbearable and unworkably scorching days, with no shade whatsoever from the relentless sun.

Without doubt, the hardest physical thing I can remember doing, because of the weather on top of how hard you have to work physically.

First internal assessment tomorrow, if I can walk.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Day 4 done, even hotter still than yesterday. Quad was screaming at me much of the day, and like everybody else, had to sit out a couple of practices as we rotated the workload.

Really tired but buzzing tonight. Good day, and I did well in the first internal assessment, so am pleased.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Day 5, last day of the intense week done. Tired and sore isnt the word, but also very happy and really enjoyed it.

So many muscle tears it is untrue, so much swelling and pain- but well worth it!

2 days in July, next part of assessment. Then days in September, October and November. For now, need to just get on with practising the new techniques with my team.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Been weeks without football now- ironic, really!

Pre-season may start  a week tomorrow though! Woohoo! Bring it on!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Or maybe not. Really starts properly next week. Too tired to race off 100 miles today just to get to a game- there are 45 weeks of the year ahead to be doing that sort of nonsense! 

Roll on Friday for the big season opener at Ollerton then!

(Has last season ended yet in Scotland dude? Pollok most likely are still in the 2nd Round of the MacSweeney's Vegetarian Haggis Trophy, with three more rounds and a final to play yet...)

• wow. I missed this thread (just a little image) but guess what. Pre-season training has begun. We get a run out  vs Wales' finest English team TNS on Tuesday on their plastic pitch. Mr Sinton appears to have re-engaged 90% of last season's failed squad. So he's either a tactical & motivational genius, or just very cheap. Because it's pre-season, I shall believe the former.

Dan its nice to see you working hard on your quals mate and no doubt this will improve the quality of your match assessments in the next seasonimage

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    next day of coaching today. harsh. torn quads and can barely hobble. day  tomorrow will be brutal.
  • dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Anyone footballed lately? I have done some, from Caley Thistle down to Torquay.

Telford top of table- can it last?

And were any of the Reading guys there when the wall collapsed?

" One nil, and we broke your wall..."- what a chant!

• *peers nervously round corner of real football thread ...

errr, Hi , my names Bruce and I'm a Wrexham season ticket holder !