Caaamonnn Ref!!

Comments

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

What's new, peeps?

• not much really. Still in playoffs. Have given up on Alf now they are waay in front. Big game vs Bostin' today and then get squad ready for end-of-season playoff games I reckon. Sinton's done a great job this year.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭
    We may be trading places next year. Tamworth are struggling.
  • it's May.
    AFC Telford have made the playoff finals
    ..another week without any sleep image

• And so, as almost the last man standing in this thread (ok, and Andy. Dan? Dan?)

it falls to me to tell the story.
    We negotiated the tricky BSN semi finals v Nuneaton. Ooh, that was tough and they were good.
    We moved on to the final, at home vs Guiseley AFC. Who? you may ask. Well they had made the play-offs, so anything was possible. They were (and are) a really good footballing side. Excellent.... A sell-out was predicted and this proved to be true with 5500 locked inside the New Bucks Head and 700 locked outside "Stadium Full" !!

On 10 minutes, we look the lead with a converted penalty. We dominated for a while but then Guiseley got back into the game with, yes, a converted penalty. We started the second half still in the changing rooms, I think, as Guiseley took a deserved lead  -and proceeded to play us off the park. Some inspired substitutions with 15 to go though and Bam! We equalised with a towering header and then, to add to the drama, in the third - third - THIRD minute of added time, we got the winner. The place went mental - Apparently you could hear the roar a couple of miles from the ground, I have not heard anything at the Bucks Head like it in 20-odd years.

So we are up then -  AFC Telford 3 - 2 Guiseley. We have reached the level (BSB Prem) that the old club was at in 2004 when we went bust. Only this time.. the Supporter's Trust own the club. I own a bit of this club and I'm everso proud today. Oh, and a little hungover so excuse any typos image)

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Saw the result and thought of you,alan!

As for last man standing....nah!!! You'll not stop me posting!

• Wemberley...............

I've got me ticketimage

Sorry Alanj and DD - but congrats Alan on the victory!!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Think my mate is going to cheer your mob on, Andy. Has a soft spot for Reading- was his 200th ground, so he asked them for any seat with the number 200 on it, and was surprised at the good response he got!

Good luck Monday!

• As a Bournemouth fan, I have to say...Come on Swansea!! image

Andy, feel free to gloat though as I went all the way to Huddersfield last wednesday to see us lose on pens. Least I got back early - 2am, instead of the coaches who arrived back in Bmth 5am!

Hope Hudd beat P'boro - they deserve it, although the ref should have sent Kilbane off and their 3-3 goal was way overtime!!

Alan - congrats on the promotion. Locally to Bmth, Poole Town have finally made it to the Southern lge again, and with a bit of money from the Charlie Austin sale, hopefully they will rise up the pyramid again!

• Hi Simon

I have to say i was hoping Bournemouth would make it through the play-offs as the away games for next season would be fun; Brighton, So'ton and Bournemouth.

Are Poole Town in Southern League Div 1 SW then?  My son (19) is involved at Thatcham Town in that division.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Hello peeps. How's life?

June is usually quiet season for football...been to three new grounds, one a week, so far! Was my 350th at the weekend just gone!

Tis a large number, and makes a long old list if you type it out- but its only a minor amount compared to some people I know! I know one fella who has done almost 1400 grounds...and he isn't the most dedicated! Hardcore hoppers can be on 2 or 3 even 4000! Makes your mind boggle!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Almost year since the last post. Tsk. Has every body given up on Non-League and the lower leagues? 

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Apparently. Good job I am still flying the flag high.

415 not out. Doing lots of Sunday league games too. It's all good stuff, you know.

Dude...what's happening down the 'Lok these days? Dingy been retired to the museum?

Due, 

• DAN!!!!! image

good to see you sir. dark days at Field New, sir. narrowly avoided relegation last year! image

Been round the grounds a bit this year, though. Going to Blackpool v Bolton a fortnight on Saturday image

how are you? 415 grounds? you are slipping image

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Relegation haunted? That's not good!

Blackpool- have you got your passport and foreign currency sorted out? 

We're doing Millwall on Saturday. Dan Dan in the Lions' Den!

• i know. still, good to know how the other half lives.

we have a new striker by name of Carlo Monti, ex celtic, ex-morton, ex-drumchapel united. best player i've seen at the club. kept is up.

jings. the den! i nearly went in the summer but took in upton park instead image

• We stayed there, UP, in their hotel! 

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Good season, dude? Been pushing Auchinleck all then way? Can't beat a close competition,eh!  image

Still attending 'real football' regularly down here. Ended the season on yet another nice round figure, 450th ground. This was good considering how much rain and how many cancellations we had this winter!

Everybody else given up on going to games for a comfy life indoors watching the box?

• cheeky beggar! image been another long, hard slog up here. turgid fare, mostly. and that's just scotland! image

450! fantastic. do you get a telegram from the Queen? or better, archie macpherson?

no football on the telly for me, athough that might change now that I am a father! image

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Since when have you been a dad? Congrats!!! Did you name him/her Brian, or did you have Dingy as a middle name, instead?

Btw, it's Ebbe Skovdahl who sends a telegram, but only when you reach 500. Am looking forward to that!

• since 36 hours ago! image

I plan to name him Carlo Monti McKiddie, after our new star striker (even better than Dingy!)

ebba skovdahl!! that's a blast from the past image

• a chap like you must be on twitter. are you on twitter?

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

I'm not, mate, nor that footbook thing either! That even surprises me, that I am not on it, sometimes! I do look at other people's though!

Hey, footbook, the social network utility for football fans the world over! I've invented me a new thingie!

Well done on that baby! Hope you love being a dad as much as I do!

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

A year on...how's things, dude?

Big day for Telford fans today!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Liverpool fan, but don't discuss football Online, it's worse than politics, it just isn't pleasant.  

• this is how things stand image   Name P W D L GD Pos Pts 1 Auchinleck 19 15 3 1 +30 57 48 2 Irvine M 18 12 3 3 +14 51 39 3 Clydebank 18 10 3 5 +10 45 33 4 Kilbirnie 21 8 4 9 +9 31 28 5 Petershill 21 6 6 9 -3 27 24 6 Kirkintilloch 21 7 2 12 -15 26 23 7 Hurlford 12 6 4 2 +12 52 22 8 Cumnock 16 6 4 6 +2 40 22 9 Arthurlie 18 5 5 9 -15 29 20 10 Glenafton 16 6 1 9 -7 37 19 11 Pollok 20 5 4 11 -15 25 19 12 Largs 21 5 1 15 -22 19 16
  • we are very pleasant ms trunk.

good result for Telford, sorry to see my favourite english team Torquay going the other way. Also my wife's team Barnsley image

• NayanNayan ✭✭✭

Bryan Riggs rules himself out of the permanent position at Old Traford.

Says he'd rather spend the with his brother's family.

• dan dandan dan ✭✭✭

Lol

Numbers not looking good for the Lok, dude. 

How's the bairn?