Options

Wednesday 17th January 2007

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Sneaking in late to report a lack of training - the pool was closed for a swim meet and events have conspired not to leave me time for a run/bike, although I might run late tonight after digesting my food. I'm not going to be neurotic though!

I can hardly keep up with this thread at the moment - it's amazing.
  • Options
    Running in heels ... hmmmm .... I think I will give that one a miss and leave it to the girlies

Great interval session Micksta.

What :- 12 x 800m each in 3 min on tready (16kmh), 3 min jog recovery (10-12 kmh) in between
    Why :- marathon training speedwork

I was pleased with the session, reaching 10 reps of yasso 800s at this pace is my normal marathon fitness level, so doing 12 shows progress and only the last 2 felt tough. I know treadies and tracks are different, but this session had me at 90% of working heart rate for the last 6 reps which is about right, and I find my heart rate outside and on the tready for the same running speed are about the same.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Imski, great video. Some of the antics were hilarious.

Treadmill, have you recovered after your Ronnie Corbet incident? (He fell off the treadmill when filming the video for Is this the way to Amarillo)

NG, I would add my comments as follows:

1. 85% WHR is a reasonable figure for a tempo run + or - 3% (depending on how you are feeling and conditions) For your first one I'd probably do a 2 mile warm up, 4 miles tempo and 1 mile warm down.

2. Short term the plan looks ok. Longer term depends on what new goals you set yourself.

3. IMO a Max HR test should only be done when you are completely recovered from your HM, maybe two weeks after it. Bit pointless doing it beforehand as you'll probably be a bit tired from your training and unable to produce maximum effort.

Today's session:

What: 14.22 miles steady
    Why: schedule says so and despite not wanting to do it tonight because I felt really tired managed to run it 4 seconds faster than last week, but it felt a lot harder, probably due to the wind. Feeling really drained tonight though. Early night I think.
    Last hard: yesterday's tempo session felt quite hard, which may explain why I feel a bit drained tonight.
  • Options
    well i have got my running back on schedule after a long hawl of problems but how did i keep up with the forums as well. I must have been doing nothing at work!!
  • Options
    Evening all.

Imski - Thanks for repeating the link. If you enjoy that sort of thing, come to Devon & enter the Grizzly! The bog is longer & deeper than that...

What: Club run, just under 7 miles
    Why: Wednesday

Chairman took the group I was in, so pace more sedate than last week.

Longish run planned for tomorrow.
  • Options
    16x600m reps tonight. Went as follows:

1:46, 1:48, 1:46, 1:48, 1:47, 1:47, 1:46, 1:47, 1:48, 1:45, 1:50, 1:50, 1:49, 1:48, 1:52, 1:43.

There was a 1 mile warm up before these setsand a 1.65 mile warmdown to finish.

So quite consistent reps. Again, I felt mostly quite strong during this and had two faster runners to keep up close to the whole time. Just decided to try to take the majority quite hard, but a few of the 1:50's show that I started to tire near the end. The last 1:43 was a good rep and when I broke away in the last 400m at a hard speed I didn't think the others would keep up, if they tried to retalliate - however one did, and zipped on past me to the finish! (he must have got about a 1:39).

It's competition like that which I need and really like if I'm to get good results from club sessions.
  • Options
    Lyrics: Nope
    Album: Nope
    Artist: Nope
    Artist's dad: I'm sure I've heard the name, but I can't remember in what context.

Oh, dear, I really am stuck in a musical timewarp :o(

TmR, there was definitely some uptilting of the inclines on that loop tonight. I didn't find it as easy as last week either, and wouldn't have liked to go on and do another 6 miles like I did then.

Suppose it means I haven't peaked too early for Brass Monkey :o)
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Vrap. Woody Guthrie is the father of modern American folk music. His music has been shamefully plagiarised by lesser artistes, who shall remain nameless. An excellent reworking of his music, and giving full credit to his material can be heard on the album "Mermaid Avenue", by Billy Bragg and Wilco.

On another musical line, alternative lyrics expand to "please don't wake me. please don't shake., I'm far away....I'm only dreaming.

Stuart G, thats a very impressive session. That, plus the double you did (either yesterday or possibly Monday) is a typical response to a perceived disappointing race on Sunday. A subconscoius response to prove that you can really do it. Great running!
  • Options
    I did a double yesterday (13 miles in total, made up of a 6 mile and 7 mile run during the day). You're right - Saturday's result did chang my perception a bit and I'm taking my running that bit harder and putting more into it - be that miles or effort.

Not overdoing it, but doing what I should be.