Glasgow Runners

123457»

Comments

• Hi Mike.

The park's not all that big...probably best if you just explore a bit and find the good trails.

Elsewhere, there are some excellent runs on quiet roads up your way. For longer routes (including a few hills), try heading out over the Humbie to Eaglesham/Jackton or carry on up Ayr Road from Mearns Cross to Malletsheugh...from there you can head onto loads of quiet farm roads with lots of interesting wee loops to add on if need be.

Also, worth heading down to Pollok Park and investigating round there...miles of roads, paths and trails in there.
  • Mike I agree with Scobos.

It is a relatively small park. There are loops of the park shown on notice boards in the park itself.

A 'festival of running', 5k/10k races takes place in late June in the park on aThursay night. Decent enough races, ran them a few times.

Just wasn't sure what level of fitness you were at.
  • So who is racing this weekend?
  • Hail Hail

I'll be at the Kirkintilloch 12.5k on Sunday. I'll be working at the Sweatshop stand (loads of clothing, accessories and nutritional stuff - great prices too BTW), and hopefully racing (sub 46 would be good). Say hello if you're there!
  • I will also be at the Kirky race on Sunday.
    I'll be happy to clock sub-49 again,

Running Bhoy, I had a short tussle with yourself last year before you disappeared into the distance, I hope to keep you in my sights this time.

See you there
  • How did StuartG do at his race yesterday ?
  • Hail Hail

All quiet here. Literally. Managed a 50 sec pb at Kirky last week (46.49) despite only getting a 2min warning that I was running. Pleased with 9th place, although as a sponsor, I was ruled out of the prizes! Booo!!!

Then, the next day, managed to put my back out, lifting hopalong in her wheelchair, and havent run since. Loads of drugs (and let me tell you, The Verve are wrong), and I'm hoping to run tomorrow. Only 6 weeks til FLM. Exceptionally bad preperation.

How's everybody? Any racing this weekend?
  • Hello RB

Total bummer...just the wrong moment to put yer back out!

However, I am sure you are in good enough shape for it not to dent your progress too much.

No racing for me this weekend. Are there any races on?

Planning a 15+ miler before the 3 Judges on Sunday.
  • Hail Hail

I guess nothing doing for most folks. I know that "The Smokies" is on today, but I fear that I don't have the right bits to take part!

Back running though. 9M on Fri, then a 7 & 9 double yesterday. An easy 20M today should put me back track for FLM. May pop down to the Judges Dude, so might see you there.
  • The Scottish Spring Fixture Guide is available in Run 4 It.

Though it might be the summer edition before I race after loosing about 4 weeks of training.

• How is everyone doing?