Options

Friday 26th January 2007

PodroPodro ✭✭✭
...but its sinking, racing around to come up behind you again.

What cycle 20, coached swim
Why: to irritate BR

Comments

• Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Oh bu&&er...its not midnight is it.....

I think I'm working too hard at the moment :(
  • Options
    or you're in a different **time** zone ;-)

• Options
    Tickled pink about your mistake, are you "under the weather" Podro?
  • Options

What: enforced rest.
    Why: have cold and sore throat.
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Last hard: Wednesday

Have a top banana day everyone!!!

:oD
  • Options
    you are nesh cath!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    in the middle of the night I go typing in my sleep.

What: Serp 5K
    Why: an act of defiance
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Sunday
  • Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭
    Morning all...

Bit of an illegal thread start this!

I didn't sleep well either Xerxes!

I've definitely missed something re lizzyB - must read thread more carefully

Hope you feel well soon Cath.

What: Hopefully 5 miles recovery
    Why: I say hopefully, as I'm likely to leave work ridiculously late again. Did think about getting up at 5 to do it, but just couldn't face it. WIMP.
    Last hard: in theory yesterday's 20, but actually it wasn't too bad
    Last rest: tuesday
  • Options
    Morning peeps.

What 30mins done on a windy morning.

JB: you seem to be training well.

StuartG: The guy that gave you hassle was a 100% twat.

Velociaptor: I just seem to enjoy getting out early to run, always been a morning type person. I enjoy the quietness of these runs.

Have a good one peeps.
  • Options
    Scobos: Do you run along near the Kingston Brige at lunch time ?
    As I passed somebody I thought might have been you at about 12.25ish yesterday !
    If you don't, then just ignore this !!!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    xerxes, no foxes spotted on club run but my goodness we heard them when we finished, the noises they make, then followed a bizzare discussion about the noise and what they are doing....

I think I am going into that zone when running feels good, I vaguely remember it, the 10 on sunday and then last night 7.57 miles in 70 mins and I felt so easy it just flew by! Please running gods, let it continue!!!!

What: today I rest
    why: schedule say and off to norfolk later for weekend and Southerns
    last hard: tues
    last easy: weds

Happy weekends and by the looks fruity days!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    morning all,

StuG - annoying isn't it? Personally I subscribe to MikeS's view of essentially playing chicken with them...

What: Rest
    Why: I should
    Last rest: today
  • Options
    Xerxes, lol at the tooth fairy; they get better equipped than Father Xmas....

What: 6 miles if I can get a babysitter
    Why: Easy run
    Last rest: Monday

Have a good day all....
  • Options
    Good morning peeps :o)

I'm so Not A Morning Person that I almost didn't get up in time to go to work today. Roll on British Summer Time. Mornings seem much easier when the clocks have changed.

Today ...

What: 21-miler if I feel up to it, 15-miler or thereabouts if I don't.
    Why: I have a 21-miler scheduled for this week and today is my best opportunity to do it. But I'm recovering from a race, protecting my immune system and getting to grips with the idea that my little niggle might be medial shin splints and need a couple of weeks of reduced mileage and increased stretching.
    Last hard: Sunday.
    Last rest: Saturday.

I don't know the lyrics.

May you not be melon cauliflowers.
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Morning

This is what marking exam questions about amino acid neurotransmitters does to you. I was convinced that it was midnight when it was only 11 p.m.

StuartG - I don't think these pillocks single out runners. They yell at cyclists, walkers or just about anyone they feel doesn't fit into brain-dead shallow world in which they choose to live.

Xeres - whatever you do don't get the tooth fairy to write a reply to the note. My daughter's tooth fairy has been forced to carry on a rather long and involved correspondence for the last 6 years and it shows no sign of letting up.
  • Options
    Morning,

What: 2.5km swim am.
    Why: Bad foot
    Last Hard: ?
    Last Rest: 2 days

Enjoy the weekend and race well.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    re tooth fairy, ours used to 'forget' to call and my son used to be so put out!! Once two nights on the trot they 'forgot'!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    stuart g, grrrrr, they are such a*rseholes aren't they! I think they are just jealous and lack the understanding of what we are doing!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks for the kind words regarding my injury.

SBS - I've worked on my core for years even before I took up running with gym, circuits and yoga so I don't just do it when injured. But it's a good time to do more of it and other x-training.

Micksta - rowing is good for the CV system, upper body and stomach. I used to do quite a bit of it before I took up running. Might explain one reason why I have a strong upper body.

what:gym
    why:to maintain fitness
  • Options
    Xerxes, you must have a very good tooth-fairy down there.

The tooth-fairy didn't drop by the Cavern for over 2 weeks after my son lost his last tooth (he's nearly 13, but still has more baby-teeth than his younger sisters do, and is NOT too old for tooth-fairies). We eventually lured her in when Tink (who's 8) also lost a tooth and we left both teeth together beside my bed.
  • Options
    Morning All,

No time to train yesterday - don't you just hate it when work becomes so hectic that you just can't get away. So going to have to do some extra today to make up for it.

What: 6 miles Easy
    Why : Disobeyed P&D yesterday
    Last Hard: A while back
    Last Rest: Yesterday

Lyrics - Don't want to spoil if by telling yas but I reckon I know... <<thinks up a lame criptic clue>> The Moon might be able to tell you something about the colour Pink
  • Options
    Morning folks.

Hilly - ah, but have you got strong core muscles? (says he in a challenging manner...) ;o)

Birkmyre - could have been me...I headed out from Bannatyne's gym across from the Hilton at around 12.15/12.20 (as I do most lunchtimes) and headed across the motorway along St Vincent Street, for a run in Kelvingrove Park. There was a group of 7 of us. By the way, I also stayed in Erskine for a few years ('89-'93) and did an occasional run there, before moving over to Clydebank (bottom end of Kilbowie Road), where I stayed from late '93 to '97...maybe this should have been posted on that Glasgow Runners thread on General...also know Running Bhoy pretty well.

Stuart - I agree with playing chicken...if they don't move they get a sore shoulder and, let's face it, if they chase you they ain't gonna catch you!

Yesterday's run was a very pleasant 7.25 miles, including 3 hilly 1.5 mile loops in the park, increasing the pace on each loop. Perfect conditions for running.

For today...

What: recovery/an easy 4 miles or so
    Why: racing tomorrow in a hill relay (along with 600 others!)

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Morning all,

Three weeks since my last post. Have been really busy at work, so have hardly run at all during that time. Life has finally returned to normal this week.

Eased back into it by gentle cross-training at the gym on Tuesday. Woke up on Wednesday with a calf strain!! No idea how I managed that, but I think I’ll stick to the running in future…….

What: one hour walk this morning, another walk at lunchtime
    Why: loosening calf up

Hope to build up to run/walk at the weekend.....woohoo :-)

Have a good one
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Morning, said in a still croaky voice,

I'm still ill. grrrr.

I've got strong core muscles I think, at least I hope so, as I do rufty tufty triathlete pilates twice a week.

Having a strong core doesn't necessarily protect you from overuse injuries though SBR!

Hilly - hope you mend soon.

Trinni - forgot to say well done on a stupendous hot marathon.

Nothing for me again - that's 6 days now.
  • Options
    Morning all - bloody hell everyone, been some busy bees on here this morning (and last night....he he!)

Well feel great after training last night and been busy typing up the latest addition to my FLM schedule onto my spreadsheet (I like pretty graphs etc - motivates me no end).

Bad news though - Garmin I got for Xmas keeps being crap so am having to send back this weekend which is a shame. Thank GOD for route planner of the London site, dunno WHAT I would do without it.

Anyway - today:

What: Rest - woohoo!! Am dying to run today so channeling energy into car cleaning duty instead (its disgusting)
    Last hard: Last night - but felt easy?!
    Last Rest: Monday

Useful notes re: core strength and weights., I had hoped to add some gym work to my schedule but have no idea when I will have time at this rate. Would some stuff at home work as well?

Have a great day and weekend all
  • Options
    Morning all

I wish I could get up at 5:00 a.m. like xerxes to train - I have to leave the house at 6:50 so could get an hour's training in - but the lure of the duvet is too great

Blisters et al - stop rumour mongering! I plane spot because I'm a sad obsessive, not for any other reason! Saying that though, this is a lovely Fokker in which I have travelled many times ...http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://p.airliners.net/photos/tiny/1/4/4/0951441.jpg&amp;imgrefurl=http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0012188&size=M&amp;h=68&amp;w=100&amp;sz=3&amp;hl=en&amp;sig2=Aff7uKHdy0Gg7B3MW9gM_A&amp;start=12&amp;tbnid=zXR7EOD52zKOrM:&amp;tbnh=56&amp;tbnw=82&amp;ei=Fda5RczjNsi-wgGkl_zABQ&amp;prev=/images?q=fokker+50+Air+Iceland&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=N

Fokker 50s are really easy to recognise, nothing to do with the high wings or cigar-shaped engine but because the nose looks like the face of a cat going to the toilet.

What: Gym this lunchtime, 30 minute run later
    Why: Recovering from injury
    Last hard: YEsterday
    Last rest: ??
  • Options
    Ooops, sorry, that was me