Jog in January 5K

Hi has anyone done this race before? what kind of terrain is it is it hilly?

Comments

• The race is round Cantley Park, very flat not muddy (despite all the rain). After the poor reviews from 2006, this event was well organised and worth the entry for a January jog!
  • Hi tom, thankyou for your reply. Me and my husband did the run at Cantley in January. it was a good run. Like you said very flat apart from the pot holes that had been covered up' or were they mole hills?'
    A well organised event will be doing again next year.

Do you know of any good runs in February or March? 5k ones?
    Thanks
    Donna
  • Yes I do! But only because I went to buy some new running shoes at Runners World in Sheffield. There is a 5 mile run in Wombwell on Sunday 18th Feb (and a 1 mile fun run for u15s). Then there is the Easter Chucky on Sunday 25th March 10K starting at Wath Cricket Club (and a 3K fun run for all ages). Follow that with the Sheffield Lord Mayor's 10K on Sunday 22nd April starting at Don Valley Stadium. By then I hope to be nearly ready for the Sheffield Half Marathon on 20th May....
  • thankyou tom dont think i am quite ready for 10k yet maybe a couple more 5k first. good luck with the half marathon a good one to aim for. donna
  • By the way there is a 5K in Derby on 11th March (I think) also organised by BHF.

Also, in a senior moment I called the shop in Sheffield "Runner's World" - in fact it is called "Keep on Running" - fine people!
    Good luck
    Tom