Options

Tuesday Session 04/03/03

Only 2 hours to go at work then off to bed yipeeee!!

What:5mile steady
Why:Need to do something after missing Monday Session
Last Rest:Yesterday:FORCED.

Good morning to you all

Comments

• Options
    Morning all - day three of no running.

Decided to add a little bit of science to my cross training last night, so put on the HRM and did 15 minutes on the rower (pushing HR up to mid-140's) then 25 minutes on stationary bike alternating 2 minutes slow (c.130 HR) with 2 minutes fast (c.163-5 HR). In addition, had a go on the gym ball and found it surprisingly hard (using the exercises from RW).

Today: Steady bike (45 minutes or so)
    Why: Building endurance base.

Also intend to investigate gym tonight with the intention of doing weights and or elliptical.
  • Options
    What: speed training tonight
    Why: on the agenda
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday

Morning all :)
  • Options
    What - Nothing , I screwed up my "social / work " calander and wont be able to squeeze it in
    Last Hard - Sunday 6milehappy run
    Last rest - Monday and today :(
  • Options
    Hey.

What: 5 miles hardish
    Why: Scheduled hard run, but legs still tired from Sunday's long 'un.
    Last Rest: Saturday
    Last (proper) hard: Sunday
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: recovery from yesterday's intervals
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    What: 4miles. First time under 40 minutes (just!). Very pleased, after last weeks doubts.

Very pleased also, as I learned that angiogram is now scheduled for the 13th. Not a trace of perceptible trouble with this morning's outing. If I can do what I did this morning, heart trouble, if any, is hardly likely to be serious, is it?

On the down side, I learned that we were too late to get into the River Cam run. Bother. Should have liked to race this Sunday, particularly with the outside possibility that I will be condemned next Thursday.
  • Options
    Morning all. Had my BP and heart stress tests results this morning - everything's good to go! So looking good still for FLM, and got today's training out of the way already.

What: 10 x 400m fast, total 10km. Felt good.
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Planned: 10km tomorrow, 17km pace run Thursday, 5km jog Friday, easy 10km Saturday, half-marathon race Sunday.

• Options
    Morning All!!!

What: 7 Miles Steady
    Why: Schedule Says so!

Pleased with my recovery from the Thanet 20 Miler, I feel absolutely fine today, so it has only taken 1 day to recover!!! Best so far after a race.

Last rest: Yesterday
    Last Hard: Thanet 20 Miler on Sunday
    Last long: Thanet 20 Miler on Sunday

Good luck with your training one and all.!!

Feeling good.
    LL
  • Options
    Morning all,

decided this week is going to be an easy week before gearing up for the last push towards the marathon, so yesterday did alot less than I said I was going to do. I'm going to take a couple of days of rest, and I'm going away at the weekend so that'll be relaxing.

What : Speed work
    Why : its a Tuesday
    Last Hard : Last Tuesday
    Last Rest : Sunday

Have a good one folks!
  • Options
    mulemule ✭✭✭
    What: rest
    Why: Need it
    Last hard: Sunday race
    Last rest: Last Thursday
  • Options
    Hello!

what:3x3M steady
    why: my schedule
    last hard day: not having hard days at the moment due to injury
    last rest: Saturday
    have a good day!
  • Options
    Morning all!! Its a bit wet up here today(glad i've already trained!)
    what-45min recovery (6.5mile,135 bpm ish)
    why-easy/hard/easyhard......
    last hard-yesterdays long brisk one
    last rest-week last sunday
    No club training for me -have to work!!
    Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Morning

Well its time to put my knee to the test time.

What: tready Interval session - 10*400m with 90sec slow recoveries - speed? will try 14.6kph (ie 5% above 10k race)
    Why: First hard running intervals since mid november
    last hard : Forgotten
    last rest : Monday

I'm fast reaching a decision point re my training. My longest run for 4 months has been about 7.5 miles, I had entered a 1/2M on 16/3 but other than than 1 10miler league run in May its 10k or less until August. Should I run the 1/2m as a trainer, come in 10mins down on PB and be knackered or skip it and focus on shorter runs rebuilding distance at no more than 10%/week over the next 3 months? I know the answer but..........
  • Options
    Morning all

Didn't have time to post yesterday - but it was an active rest day, so I just went for an easy swim
    Today, rushed off my feet, only got time for 5mi easy
    Why: bit of juggling of schedule
    Last hard: Sun
    Last rest: Mon
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Morning guys

What: am 40 minutes turbo, pm either speed session at track or 7 miles steady, depending on how my legs feel after Sunday's long run
    Why: Should be hard day today but may be better taking it a bit easier and having hard sessions on Wednesdy am and Thursday PM
    Last rest day: Friday
    Last hard day: Sunday
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning ,
    What 2.5 mile xc, followed by 20*100m fast, 50m jogs (10 laps of a football field) , 2.5 mile xc jog home.
    Why : Tuesdays reps, wanted to get off road
    Last Rest : yesterday , passed up the 30min recovey run and had a bag of Haribo mix watching 'Frost' instead.
    Last Hard : Today

Well done everyone else, I do read all these but by the time I come to write I forget whose done what.....
    Well done the lunatic who did 15 hill reps yesterday ..........

• Options
    G'day all

What : about 5 steady with paced efforts
    Why : Club nite

Last hard : Yesterdays hill session and MHR test
    Last Rest : Sunday

Will
  • Options
    Wotcha.

What: Club night.
    Why: It's Tuesday.
    Hard: Sunday race.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Bye!
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

What: Rest day (scheduled).
    Why: Always rest Tuesdays and have our property management company AGM tonight.
    Last hard: Yesterday - 5 miles steady as I didn't manage Sunday's long run. Felt good though as I worked out afterwards that about 80% of the route is uphill (although slight in places) and I managed all the steep uphill sections without a problem. Whole run took just under 40 minutes.
    Last rest: Sunday (forced by over-indulgence on Saturday night and social arrangements on Sunday).

Have a good day everyone. Hope it all goes OK, Stickless - you're looking good. Keep up with the cross-training, Martin: am sure it will pay off.
  • Options
    Hello all!

What: Rest.
    Why: No time to do anything else, unless tossing pancakes counts as training (which it does for one Brummie nutter, who is going to run the FLM while tossing a pancake).
    Last hard day: Yesterday was a long time on my feet.
    Last rest day: Friday.
  • Options
    Stickless,
    nice one! Great to see you're getting out.

What: 10M fartlek with club.
    Why: Weekly exercise-induced vomiting session.
    Last hard run: Tonight for sure.
    Last rest day: Monday.
  • Options
    What: Nothing!!
    Why: Buggered everything up today....got stuck in traffic going to work so couldn't use the lunch time as normal and I'm flying out to Kenya tonight..luckily there's a gym at the hotel so it's the treadmill for me for the rest of the week.

Last hard: I suppose yesterday
    Last rest: Friday

Won't be posting for the rest of the week. Plan 2 20 miler on Sunday.

Good luck all,

RB

P.S. More power to you Marj!!!
  • Options
    Training update.

Forgot we had afternoon off (Faschings Dienstag here in Germany - no I don't know either), so managed to get out for an hour on bike in lovely spring sunshine over really hilly route (average speed 24 kmh, max 65kmh!) interestingly HR at top of uphill sections hitting 177 which is about my half-marathon race pace. Who said cross training was easy.
  • Options
    >>>Oh, dear! I think we are at risk of losing our Martin to the Cycling World forums :-( <<<

See what I wrote above? Well, I was telling fibs. I managed a 4-mile recovery run at lunchtime, and it was very nice. I've done so many long ones recently that it was quite fun to sneak in a little 40-minute excursion when I should have been at my desk.

Not that I know whether it really was a recovery run or not, since I don't use a HRM. But "recovery run" sounds like what dinosaurs who want to run good marathons ought to do as an alternative to sitting around picking their noses on rest days.
  • Options
    hi all. my first post on training thread for 2 or 3 weeks. Have had 3 weeks off with knee injury but returned to training last week in the hope of still making FLM. I think it's good news as i ran 4 times last week with no reaction. Longest run is a 1/2M back in January but have 14 and 20 mile runs planed for next couple of weeks. As for today...

what : nowt
    why : rest
    last hard : yesterday's 6.5 miles steady pace
    last rest : saturday

it's good to be back.

Paul.

• Options
    Best wishes for next week Stickless.

Have a good trip to Kenya Ratbag, are you really doing 20 miles on the treadmill??

What: 6 miles recovery. (surely GP's never pick their noses Vrap? Another illusion shattered.)
    Why: Oh, I don't know.
    Last hard: hill reps too many to think about last night.
    Last rest: Sunday.

Happy Pancake Day by the way.
  • Options
    Welcome back paul.
  • Options
    Hi all,

what: 10 k with the Rowing club,
    Why : Planned and i get to try out my new trainers which arrived today.
    Last Hard Weekend
    Last rest : Friday

Not doing any hard sessions this week as the training at the weekend felt harder than it should have. Trying to let the legs recover so I don't burn out before the big races coming up. Race this Saturday as well but not an important one? (if there is such a thing)
  • Options
    Stickless - sounds like you had a good session, well done. good luck for next week.

Laura - glad to see you using the "recovery" word once in a while. 15 hills repeats!!!!????? ouch.

what: 2M warm-up; 6 x 1K @ 5K pace; 1M warm-down
    why: easier speed session with Reading looming this w/e - and I twisted my bl@@dy ankle at work yesterday so I'm a bit crocked. how stupid is that?! running injuries you expect, coming-down-the-stairs-in-too-much-of-a-hurry-to-get-home injuries you don't.
    last rest: yesterday
    last hard day: Sunday
  • Options
    I can REST

Phew!!!!!!!!!!
    Im not going to plymouth tomorrow, so can do speedwork then
    And thank god, it was hard walking round the wards today and my shins hurt