Good Luck For Monday Cath !

Cath

I know you're going to be off the forum for a bit but I'm sure, with so much support and good wishes from all us forumites that you know we'll be thinking of you hard until you post again.

Your courage and level headedness are truly inspirational. Do let us know how you are getting on, when you feel like it. And do remember that these forums are often used by runners who can't run for a while - please don't feel that just cos you're not out there pounding the pavement you can't enjoy the chat.

Take care - you're truly amazing and I'm sure you're going to beat this thing.

Love and best wishes

Comments

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Cath,
    Don't know what has happened, but if you are injured or hurt, I've been there. I used the forum for months when I wasn't up to running, or indeed walking.
    Please remember that we are all here to support each other in possibly the most sociable of individual sports.
    The suport of the forumites ahs been soooooo imprtant in my recovery and also retention of the desire/ need to run.
    Hope you are well.
    Ian
  • Cath, I have an absolute rule, devised for preservation of my own sanity, that my patients get 110% of my attention when they're with me, and as soon as they walk out the door I forget all about them. I tell them that, too, if they start giving me any of the "don't know how you cope with everyone unloading on you" stuff.

You're not my patient, so I'm making an exception for you. I thought about you on Wednesday while I was swimming. I sang some Taize chants for you while I was running today. And I will sure as anything be thinking about you on Monday.

Don't be surprised or alarmed if there's talk of surgery and chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Young women with primary breast cancer are often treated with all three, and cope with the physical effects extremely well. The best consolation I can offer is that over the years the vast majority of young women I have seen in your situation have done well.

Blessings, V-rap.
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Feel so Bad. I have just found the other thread. I had no idea this was happening. I have to admit to avoiding all threads to do with fitness and health. I now realise the situation and would like to apologise for my lack of suppport before this time. What I said about support aiding recovery is important, however.
    Good luck Cath.
  • Cath, I can't imagine the effects of all this on you & your'e family, but please remember we are all thinking about you and wishing you a healthy recovery.
    Take care
    Daisy
  • What ARE you lot like :)

Barkles -- don't be daft about feeling bad!!! Silly boy.

V-rap -- they've already mentioned chemo & radium. They've even gone so far as to tell me who I'm being referred to. That's why I don't think it's a lymphoma and I dont think they think it is either :) ho hum. I'll have to start collecting bandannas and baseball caps :)
  • Cath, we'll be thinking of you.

I'm sure you will get through this. I feel so humbled by your attitude; you really are an inspiration.

Parsley.
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Cath, going through a cancer scare myself at the moment so you're really inspiring me and making me feel humble. I'm sure that with your great strength you'll get through all the treatments, no matter how daunting.

Just remember, no matter how ghastly it all becomes, there are loads of people thinking of you and sending their support.

Good luck and God bless.

Susie
  • Stuck at work (overtime) & while browsing spotted this & "parent" thread for the first time.
    Really don't know what to say Cath. Seems all the more shocking somehow on reading the parent thread & realising how close by you were. We've probably passed each other in the street several times - I usually cross Tithebarn St on my lunchtime walk from the top of Old Hall St (I'm at Littlewoods).
    Nicest thing to hope for perhaps is that our paths cross again (and again and again and...) soon. I know you'll be fighting to make that happen.
    Wishing you all the luck in the world for Monday.
  • Cath
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Beth
  • Cath

Also thinking of you, in fact have thought of you a lot this week.

Let us know how you are when you can, in the meantime we'll be hoping everything goes well with your surgery.

Very best wishes to you.

LL

• Very best wishes for tomorrow.Hope the surgery is a success.
    Will miss reading your postings but look forward to you speedy return.
    Will be thinking of you
  • All the best for tomorrow Cath - I think everyone else has said it all already, you're a real inspiration.

I'll be thinking of you too :o)

Iain
  • Morning Guys ... I didn't sleep quite so well last night as the night before and I'm feeling a bit nervous but this time tomorrow it should all be over with (op is at 8am).

Redhead --- Oh hun, I just don't know what to say. All the ups and downs, ("the rollercoaster" I've started calling it) of finding something and then going through the process of doctors, hospitals, scans, xrays and what not. Oh I just know exactly the fears you must be having. Redhead I desperately desperately hope everything is okay because I truly wouldn't want anyone to go through the hell I've been in the last couple of weeks. If there is anything I can do to help - any question you want to ask please use the email thing and I'll try to help. If there is any small way in which things can be easier for you please let me know, even if it's only "why do they do this" or "what is this for" etc etc etc. I really hope it turns out well.

Everyone else --- I've more or less got everything ready and me and MrCath are off out for the day - I'm going to the Trafford Centre for food and shopping (very therapeutic) for books and magazines and stuff.

So I mightn't be around for a week or two - apparently under my arm may be so sore I mightn't be able to sit at the computer for any length of time. So I'll let you all know how I get on when I'm fit :)
  • Dear Cath,
    Wishing you the best of luck! Tomorrow's op is the first step on your way to recovery - and soon, all of those steps will add up once more to running.

I'll think of you specially at 8am.

Hild
  • Cath, just wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. I think everybody else has said everything I wanted to, but you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time at the moment.

Don't forget that we will all be here for you whenever you are able to join us again.

All the best

Fiona
  • Dear Cath,

Thought of you today at the Flora 5K. I hope that everything goes as well as possible in the coming week. This Forum is full of people who are expressing deep support and compassion for you, and I hope that it helps you during the low times.

Take care!

DC
  • Hi Cath,
    Just wanted to add my bit of good luck here too. You have really been in my thoughts this week and I want to wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you, especially at 8am. You have all my love, thoughts and prayers. Take it easy sweetheart and know that so many people are thinking of you and wishing you well. Good Luck Cath!
    Michelle x
  • Cath - Best of luck and very best wishes. Your courage and determination and positive attitude are an inspiration to us all, and are sure to see you through this difficult time. Will be thinking of you tomorrow along with everyone else.

Beau courage. s.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Cath sincere wishes and luck for tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
  • I'll add mine to the mountain of good wishes for you. I can't run for you until later in the week (separate thread under health and injuries), but as soon as I can tie my shoe laces again...

Marj

• Sorry for not adding my support earlier Cath - but all the very best - and remember that as a runner you stand a better chance than anyone of coming through this OK. Be thinking of you, kid - and send my support to Mr Cath as well. Go for it!
  • Cath, I can only echo what everybody else has already said - will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
    Jo.
  • Being a man I was quite happy posting messages to Cath when she was talking about boring old running, but when the topic of conversation switched to cancer I shut up.

The nearest I've come to cancer is reading Lance Armstrong's book about it. I can't think of anything supportive, encouraging or inspirational to say. But I just wanted to let you know, Cath, that I have been thinking of you and will continue to do so.

Good luck with it.
  • Good luck Cath.
    Please feel free to get Mr Cath to update us if he feels able to do so.
    We'll all run for you this week but hurry back.
  • Cath - me, Mr Gnasher and the Gnasherettes all wish you well for tomorrow. We echo every one else's messages and look forward to you being well enough to post your news. Our wishes to Mr Cath too, he must be feeling a bit at sea right now.

Jeanette
  • Cath - Thinking of you, good luck. Forums are not the same without your postings.
  • Hello Cath,

Just got back from hols. Can't find the previous thread but I know you were having some tests for cancer. I now know the result.

I don't know when you will get to read this but I just wanted to wish you all the very best and I look forward to seeing you back on the forums in glowing good health.

All the best,

RB
  • Hi Cath - I didn't manage to post before your op as my pc decided to behave strangely and I could not get connected. So I've missed the chance to wish you good luck before the op but I really really hope it went okay, and that you are now through this particular hurdle.

Stay positive - and Mr Cath too - and best wishes to both of you.

Redhead - sorry to hear about your news too - very best wishes to you.

Kind regards
    Amanda
  • Hi Cath -

So much has been said already, but I'd just like to add my very best wishes.

Lee.
  • Hi Cath, sorry but I completely managed to miss the origional thread (I to be careful as I log on at work).

Can't imagine what you've been going through and by the time you read this you will have had the opp, so I hope all went well and I'd just like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to all those already posted.

Long may you run

jenks