training session wednesday 5th march

what: probably 40 minutes relatively steady and easy
why: it's taper time.

last hard: monday night
last easy:lst night on tready
last rest: sunday:forced!

three days to race !!!

Comments

• I shall be doing 4k reps at the gym...
  • Morning everyone.

What: 13 mile tempo run
    Why: schedule says so
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: Friday
  • "speedwork" for me
    i shall try some fartlek
  • 4th day without running for me.

Yesterdays session on the bike reinfoced what was said on my thread on cycling the other day - i.e. that as a runner I have a lot of stamina but for cycling I lack the power. Yesterday I found getting out of the saddle towards the top of hills really tough (and it was this that pushed my HR into the high 170's). Still it gives me a target.

Today: Focus on rowing with some easy spinning on indoor bike.
    Why: I believe its possible to over-compensate with cross training and four days of cycling has left my legs feeling a little tired.
    Last rest: Thursday
    Last hard: Yesterday.

V-rap - picking up your note from yesterday, like being an alcoholic "once a runner always a runner" I just don't happen to be running at the moment. Running will always be my number one sport.

MikeS - It was actually a work trip to Düsseldorf during fasching season four years ago that made us decide to move here - i.e. realising that actually the Germans do like to have fun. Fortunately I have never had my tie cut but I've never had the payoff either!
  • What : Steady 4 mile

Thats it really , must increase my mileage again this month
  • morning all

what: nothing
    why: as ordered by coach at Wirral session last night. Feel q knackered anyway. Just hope I don't slide backwards into illness once more. Fingers crossed...

last hard day: Tue
    last rest day (of many): Sat
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Mike, take care. Hippo, good luck with fartlek. I tried going faster yesterday. It was interesting.

What: Pool exercises, after a long absence. Oh my. And I've got Pilates class later on today.

Really good rest yesterday after my run. Numb bits no longer numb. Looking forward to tomorrow's run, daydreaming about where I'll go.
  • Morning all

What - fartlek for me as well, I think. I was going to do my long run today, as I'm busy for the rest of the week and have visitors at the weekend, but it's peeing down with rain, cloudy and windy, and I'm feeling pathetic.
    Last hard - Saturday
    Last rest - ages ago.

• morning all -

good luck with the fartlek, benz!
    Mike - sounds like you're being v. sensible, hope the recovery keeps up.
    Stickless - glad to hear you came through OK. have a good one tomorrow!

what: just done ~10M "recovery" in 1:07
    why: taking it a bit easier this week
    last rest: Monday
    last hard: yesterday
  • Mike, blessings! Hope you're not about to be knocked off your legs by somehing else.

Martin, pleased to hear it!

Marj, glad yesterday has left you feeling better rather than worse. Have a good session today. And everyone else, of course.

What: Either a 5-mile fartlek run this afternoon or three miles of treadmill intervals in the evening, depending on time. Then BodyPump and a short swim.
    Why: It's Wednesday and today's is the one session that won't be sacrificed to the taper for Reading.
    Last rest day: Friday.
    Last hard day: Monday.
  • mulemule ✭✭✭
    What: Run to work (and back) 4 miles each way, steady pace.
    Why: It's convenient

Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: Sunday - race
  • Morning all,

I feel refreshed again for the first time in about 2 weeks. I think my take it easier plan has finally paid off. Probably a good job as a tough session at the rowing club tonight that I'd really like to take part in. Last nights 10 k run was really comfortable and done at a conversational pace until about 1k from the end. I also got to try out my new shoes, very impressed too.

What : 3 x 2000m on the indoor rower
    Why : first time I've ever done this session but the coach seems to think it's a good idea. (sickness and pain spings to mind by the end :) )
    Last Rest: Friday
    Last Hard: The weekend.

I'm getting bitten by the running bug and I really want to enter a race some time in the next 3 months.
  • Morning All!!

What: 6 - 7 Miles steady
    Why: Schedule says so.

Last Rest: Monday
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Long: Sunday

Go for it Rob enter away!!!

• Well yesterdays plans all came to nothing in the end - an unexpected assessment at work meant I spent all morning studying before afternoon shift. Took my kit to work thinking I may run on the treadmill afterwards but at 9pm just didn't feel like it! So today:

What: 8mi steady
    Last hard: Sun
  • Morning

crashed & Burned the treadmill interval session yesterday in favour of club nite doing 6 * 3minute hill laps hitting upto 97% MaxHR - nearly became a v***ting session BUT the GOOD NEWS was that my knee was OK.

Today:
    what: recovery X-train at gym
    Why: must manage milage increase on knee
    last hard day : yesterday
    last rest : Mon

One day, one day I'll post a double digit milage again.....
  • Hello all.

What: 3 miles steady
    Why: Scheduled
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Saturday
  • Morning, folks. Sounds like a lot of hard work happening today. Except round here...

What: Rest.
    Why: Club last night, raced Sunday, feel knackered. Overslept bigtime this morning. I must have been comatose all night, cos I have some impressive bed crease marks down the left side of my face!
    Hard: Last night.
    Rest: Monday.

Run well, runners. And lots of sympathy for the sick and wounded.
  • Hello,
    what: something easy. Recovery run
    why: knackered
    last hard:yesterday
    rest:Saturday

have a good day!
  • Morning all,

Sounds like your training's going a storm now Vrap. Hope you haven't given up too many goodies for Lent.

Sfh legs, really pleased to hear you ran without knee pain again.

Don;t work too hard Kompass Cath.

What: 6 miles steady first thing.
    Why: supposed to be 9=10 mile mid week long run but not enough time today. Hopefully will do me good to have 2 easy days on the trot.
    Last hard: still those hill reps.
    Last rest: Sun.

Bye for now.
  • Morning all
    what-30min easy trot then swim tonight for a change
    why-why not?
    last hard-monday
    last rest-a bit back
    Enjoy !!
  • Feeling a bit "bleugh" today after reading AF's thread about winning a Marathon after running for 11 months. I've been running for 12 years and the only thing I've ever won is a 3 mile fun run with the local gym. Is any of it worth it? I know I should be doing it for the health benefits and the feeling of well-being but I'd really like some good times as well.

Anyway....
    What: 40-50 minute hill run (still reeling from the fartlek session on Monday)
    Why: Set a new schedule this week (I WILL get a 42 minute 10k)
    Last hard: That old fartlek session on Monday
    Last rest: Sunday

Hey ho.
  • MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Makes me feel very humble that someone can run for only 11 months and win a marathon. No chance of that for me I'm afraid!

Anyway ...
    What: Either 4 mile tempo run, or 3.6 mile hilly fartlek (hard up the hills, recover in between).
    Why: Depends how knackered I feel when I get home. In work early all this week, so up early too. I could never be one of these early morning runners: I simply don't have the energy first thing.
    Last hard: Monday's five-miler.
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Have a good day one and all!
  • Afternoon Folks,

well its a good job I decided to have this as easy week, because due to unforeseen circumstances I didn't make speed session last night. However continuing with the easy week theme (before the last big push to the FLM)...

What : rest day
    Why : its easy week
    Last Hard : over a week ago
    Last Rest : yesterday.

Although I am training, doing the mind exercises suggested in runners world. Yes one day I'll be able crack open a beer and bring to myself telekinetically without even getting off the settee, (or something like that!)
  • Hi all - good training going on folks, well done.

What: scheduled 10km steady run. Beautiful evening, makes you glad to be alive.
    Tomorrow: supposed to be 17km with 12km pace run.
  • 3TL3TL ✭✭✭
    Hi all - missed a couple of days posting because...

What: nothing
    Why: my knee has been hurting since my 18M on Sat (Sun I could hardly walk)
    Last Hard: Sat
    Last Rest: yesterday

Going to a physio as it hasn't healed as quickly as I would want. Feel a bit discouraged as it looks I'll miss Reading, but my real, and only goal is FLM so as long as everything's fixed by then I'm ok.

Mind you, it feels very strange to rest and not to train... it's kind of addictive isn't it? (as is posting here)
  • Evening all,

What: Nothing
    Why: Weekly rest day timed to coincide with work commitments
    Last hard: Yesterday's fartlek
    Last rest: Last Thursday

Simon
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone!

What:10 miles including 10*3 mins fast, 3 mins easy. Fast reps were done at a pace faster than 5k and I certainly wouldn't have been able to hold the pace longer than 3 mins. A good tough session.
    Why:planned session was 5*1 mile reps, but the weather was grim and didn't fancy running round in circles,
    Last hard:tonight
    Last rest:yesterday
  • 3TL- Yes you're right about the addictive nature of posting, don't think I've been in bed before midnight since I started training for London.

Did my 4k reps but I reckon RW were having a laugh when they said each should take 10:30 mins, unless I've read it wrong hang on I'll check- yes it deffinately says that the ba***rds. Well they had no chance today and I cut the last one a km short because I'd had enough.
  • What: 48 mins. Not as many as you Hilly, I did 5 x 3 mins and 5 x 1 min Fartlek. On the fartleks I felt the o2 leave my fingers - great stuff!
    Why: too much rest, lunchtime slot and was due some speed work
    Last hard: today
  • Tready 2% incline, "speedwork session"

5 miles total, 4 miles fartlek, including, wait for it------up to 11 POINT 5 kph

Very fast for a hippo

But lots of walk breaks, wheezy!