Options

ARC or UK:A

1434445464749»

Comments

• Options

Imski,

If I thought the cash was being directed into T&F it wouldn't be so bad it's the inflated salaries and seemingly engineered positions and job titles that concern me.

• Options

alanj
    FIRW, although only L1 equivalent, does qualify holders to coach solo - ie to lead road groups.

Moe
    Doe you have evidence of "inflated salaries"?  The few EA posts that I've seen advertised seem depressingly close to minimum wage!

I directed a UKA licenced race in January.  The admin really was not difficult - what are people complaining about?

• Options
    cheers 40M I can kind of see the logic in that. Still might drop a line to The UKAmeisters though in the hope of getting their 'official line'.
  • Options
    40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

alanj
    Did you ever write to uka, and (if so) what was their response?

• Options
    No, I didnt, I'm afraid. I became quite disillusioned, and stepped down from our committee. Decided to concentrate on the training for now.
  • Options
    40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

alanj
    No problem, hope your training is picking up with all your extra free time!

• Options
    When I did FiRW I was told I was able to take/lead a group solo by UKA
  • Options
    40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Farnie - Yes, correct .

• Options
    do I get a sticker?
  • Options

On the issue of salaries, I guess at the top levels they have to offer a good package to attract anyone to such a thankless task as trying to put Uka back on track (excuse pun!).

The only reason I've come back to this old chestnut again is that the Vampire (other half) has entered a local event after having encouraged some work colleagues to take up running and build up to 10k, for the hell of it I've agreed to enter also.  It's a Uka permitted event so I will be paying unattached price to enter, as will the Vampire (no issue with that) ........ We are proud to be members of our club and will both declare ourselves as being such on the entry form, our club is affiliated to both ARC and Uka so does this mean an extra headache for any race organiser to sort out the team results as they will now have to keep an eye on who is attached and who isn't?  It's bad enough for organisers dealing with ensuring results are correct at the best of times without running the gauntlet of the flack this type of anomolie may create!

For reference, an ARC permitted event recognises a Uka affiliated runner as such and they pay the affiliated entry fee................ simples!!

• Options

I have personally become very disillusioned with UKA and no longer wish to support/fund the organisation, sadly no ARC clubs in my area, i hope to persuade my local club to let me join unaffiliated and just enter open races.

Moe as far as i am aware 'open' races i.e. races that you do not have to affiliated to UKA, it is at the decretion of the organiser as to what constitues a team.  Race the train and touth team are both races i know that are sanctioned by uka, but have a very relaxed policy towards what constitutes a team i.e. you can make up your own team.  Your a member of a club so put it down, as long as you make it clear your not a member of uka, i don't see a problem.