Lake Vyrnwy Half-Marathon

Who's up for this again?

Comments

• Me

Can we start a list ?
  • anthony a
    welsh alex
  • Well with my 2 favourite blokes there ...... I;ll add my name ;-)

Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
  • heard this is a fast one???
    Rich O
  • Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
    Rich O
    North Finchley Road Runner
    RunRabbitRun
  • Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
    Rich O
    RunRabbitRun
    Pugheaven

Defo, done it the last two years, may as well make it a hatrick... also, 3 weeks before Berlin, so perfect timing me thinks!

Pug
  • AA - How come you always start these threads...?
    Just looked a dk10k and their you are again, top of the list...

Hope that cold's cleared up now....

• Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
    Rich O
    RunRabbitRun
    Pugheaven
    Dale the Snail ( Why not..? )
  • Hi - I'm thinking I might. I'm attempting my first Marathon at Dublin so I thought a half a little while before might spur me on..........or put me off?!!!

I've walked my way round Lake Vyrnwy before so at least I know in advance how flat it is - though I expect running it'll be a different matter! :op
  • and that last 4 mile, isn't as flat as everyone thinks, but yeah, the course is a quick one, and fantastically organised. Canne Wait Man :-)

Pug
  • I'll bt there, too!

Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
    Rich O
    RunRabbitRun
    Pugheaven
    Speedy
  • Application forms are now available on 'Oswestry Olympians' web site....
  • Oooo I would love to do this, as last year I ran round the lake as a training run... and it was my furthest distance I had ever run at the time (and remains my 2nd furthest distance).

It is a REALLY beautiful run.

I have always wanted to come back and do the race....

MMMmmmm will have to think about this. It could be a good warm up to doing the Snowdon Marathon on the 27th October, which'll be my first marathon. What do you think? Too early before Snowdon, too late, or just about right?

D
  • I am up for this...

Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
    Rich O
    RunRabbitRun
    Pugheaven
    Speedy
    Funk
  • It's perfect race before I do Berlin Marathon 3 weeks later... let me down load that application form right this very minute ;-)

Pug
  • i am up for this one, i have heard a lot of good things about it
  • So close to booking... but have to clear the date with my better half.... ;)

I have double booked a race before and she's was not a happy bunny :eek:

(Mind you she still came and supported and got soaked through to the skin - so perhaps could get away with it again!!! :D )

D
  • Carrot About time you showed your face ;-)

Pug
  • Got my number already.

• I might do it as my first half but it clashes with a sprint tri......

go on put me down!!
  • Anthony A
    Welsh Alex
    Running Caz
    Rich O
    RunRabbitRun
    Pugheaven
    Speedy
    Funk
    Walrus
  • pug, technically its 2-0 to CT this year at halves, so some work to do their pug

(will say this now before my knightmare race tomorrow, then i will be back underground, away from the sun)
  • Good luck tomorrow matey... you'll be fine, just watch the heat, make sure you take it steady now... 1:28 quickest at half way ;-)

2-0... dear me... yeah no problem, sort that out in training ;-)

Pug
  • Looks like I have got this date cleared with my better half... :D

Although she'd had a "bit" of wine when she gave it the green light...

I'll get my app in quick before she changes mind / sobers up!!!

D
  • get it in wroting mate before she sobers up ;-)

Anthony A
    carrot top
    Damian Miles 2
    Funk
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex

Pug
  • HELP PLEASE!!!
    I have just printed off the application form and it says " 9"6"(C5) Envelopes only please, other sizes not accepted"

also, when I am on the oswestyolympians web site, just before I open the entry form it has a note about postage costs, which says...

"the correct pstage is now 44p for A4 and 32p for C5."

Is this saying that I need to send a stamped address envelope (I don't think so as that would be more clearly stated, wouldn't it)?

Or is this just a reminder that I need to put sufficient postage on my application, and that I don't need to send a stamped addressed envelope?

Which is correct?

D

PS: I've just had a really good BBQ, and was the chef, so it was obligatory for me to have one too many glasses of wine and get completely confused, by what is probably a very simple and straight forward race application!!! :D
  • Ok I've sussed it.

I have just had a double espresso, and worked it out. Applic now ready to be posted.

They do want a stamp addressed envelope as CLEARLY WRITTEN on the bottom of the application form.

The moral of the story:

(1) Always read the FULL application form, and
    (2) Don't apply for races while under the influence!!!

D
  • Am def going to attempt this, am posting my application tonight. Won't know anyone though - I shall be all on my lonesome trailing somewhere at the back!! LOL ;o) I know I've got loads of time to train but I hope I can make it before they close the course (!!) I'm not too hot at this running malarky! *gulp*

Anthony A
    carrot top
    Damian Miles 2
    Funk
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex
    Slower than Snails Pace (eek)
  • Good for you, STSP! Just get yourself a RW training schedule and stick at it and you'll be fine. My current PB is 2:30. Are you similar to that, or don't you know yet?
  • Well using the race time calculator thingy and the only race times I've got (a hilly 10k last October and a Race for Life last May) it's give me a half marathon time of anywhere between 2:14 (based on my 5K time) and 2:34 (based on my 10K time) - I'd be more than happy with either of those I think!! T'be honest I'd be happy to finish - in fact I better had cuz its meant to be in preperation for my first marathon in Dublin about 7 weeks later!!

Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god!!! (I can only imagine waht the first time marathoners who are running sunday are feeling!)