Options

Lake Vyrnwy Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Hiya,

I`m gonna do it too, did my first half at Stafford last month but my hardcore runner friends have said this is a must! Can someone put me on the list please? `Helz` will do dont worry about full name.

Who do we make cheques payable to?

;-)
  • Options
    Helz

On-line payment costs the same as filling-in and posting forms....!

• Options
    Anthony A
    carrot top
    Dale the Snail
    Damian Miles 2
    Funk
    North Finchley Road Runner
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex
    Slower than Snails Pace (eek)
    Helz
  • Options
    Hi Dale the Snail,

I didn`t think you could do it online, cheers for that. I hate filling in forms.
  • Options
    There is no On-Line option this year for some reason?????!!!!!

Pug
  • Options
    Hi Pug,

Yeah I noticed that there wasn`t an online option, bizarre as it`s so much easier!

Helz
  • Options
    Sorry - Getting mixed up with 'Tewkesbury Half'. Thanks Pug...
  • Options
    Could've swore they had one last year though? Or is the mercury leaking out me fillins and causing problems?

Pug
  • Options
    Woo-Hoo!! Talked Grandma & Grandad Slug into coming along on a cottage weekend with the Slug Family for this one - babysitters for the 3 Sluglets - mwahahaha!
    This means that Lady Slugge will also be able to do it - her first ever Half Mara!
    Just need to print off an extra entry form and get them in the post...
  • Options
    Oops! Forgot the list:

Anthony A
    carrot top
    Dale the Snail
    Damian Miles 2
    DazTheSlug
    Funk
    Helz
    Lady Slugge
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex

2 slugs and 2 snails - it's Molluscan Madness!!
  • Options
    Still suffering the after effects of this 1/2 marathon but still enjoyed the experience. Would like to do it again this year - hopefully!! (other half would like cooler temperature though)
  • Options
    Oops! I Forgot the list to:

Anthony A
    carrot top
    Dale the Snail
    Damian Miles 2
    DazTheSlug
    Funk
    Helz
    Lady Slugge
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    Speedy
    IM Speedy
    Mr IM Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex
  • Options
    ESES ✭✭✭
    Could someone advise how quick this race fills up.... Cheers
  • Options
    Very, get your application in, as it's one of the best halfs in the country... this will be full by Late June probably...

Pug
  • Options
    ESES ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, will check with Mrs ES and get our entries in ASAP.
  • Options
    Iv'e got my race number... so guess that means I have a place on this one... can't wait.

D
  • Options
    Got Lady Slugge to sign entry form last night (this will be her first ever HalfMara) and posted our entries this lunchtime.

Speedy1319 - Not You Again!!
  • Options
    mine's in the post & Mr.ploddin.I heard it was filling up fast.

Anthony A
    carrot top
    Dale the Snail
    Damian Miles 2
    DazTheSlug
    Funk
    Helz
    Lady Slugge
    Ploddin Happy
    Ploddin Happy (Mr)
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    Speedy
    IM Speedy
    Mr IM Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex
  • Options
    Does anyone know of any good places to stay? Thinking of stopping over on the Sunday night and making a weekend of it;-)

Are any of you doing weight training too? I`ve started doing weights but find after squats etc legs feel v heavy for run next day - some people say dont do legs just upper body, not sure? Helz
  • Options
    HD2 - You may be using to much weight. Try lighter ones and maybe more rep's....
  • Options
    Hi DTS, Ok I`ll try that thank you. Yeah think I probably lifted too heavy, so would you say to carry on with squats/ lunges as well as upper body?
  • Options
    Lady Slugge & I got our numbers - 1062 and 1063 - so filling up fast!

Now just need to book a cottage for the weekend...
  • Options
    Got my number through this morning, yay! In the back of that booklet they send you with your number, there are a few hotels, b & b`s etc recommended by the Lake V Tourist Info Centre. Helz
  • Options
    Hi Daz! Yes, me again! Lots of Speedy people here too, and well as slugs and snails!

The best place to stay,if you don't mind spending a bit, is the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel. Lovely view of the lake and easy to walk to the start. Very posh - my sister had her wedding reception there! Somewhere to take the non-running partner as a treat!

I've got my number and for me this is my last big race of the year. If I do well in this, all the battles with injury, and endless cross-training will be worth it!
  • Options
    Got my number - my first half mara - dont think im quite the vetran that everyone else seems to be - Any tips would be appreciated -other than to get the miles in beforehand lol - working on it - going with what doesnt kill me makes me stronger!
  • Options
    snail lady - Welcome to the thread!
    Another fellow mollusc - this is getting ridiculous!
    I've taken the liberty of sticking you on the list.

As regards tips for first Half, I'd say just to work on cranking up one run a week to about 10 miles, and maybe get one 12-miler in 2-3 weeks before Vyrnwy...

Anthony A
    carrot top
    Dale the Snail
    Damian Miles 2
    DazTheSlug
    Funk
    Helz
    Lady Slugge
    Ploddin Happy
    Ploddin Happy (Mr)
    Pugheaven
    Rich O
    Running Caz
    RunRabbitRun
    snail lady
    Speedy1319
    IM Speedy
    Mr IM Speedy
    SwimsLikeAWalrus
    Walrus
    Welsh Alex
  • Options
    Thanks Daz The Slug. And thanks for the tip!! No but I really am one snail lady lol - as Wednesday's Dudley Kingswinford 10km will no doubt prove - am pretty sure I wont be the last to crawl across the line - infact quite looking forward to it. Entered Lake V thinking it was flat - am told its one steady incline - anyone any tips for training - is it better to do steep hill training or steady incline training similar to the Lake V course itself??
  • Options
    Hi Snail Lady,

I've walked round Lake Vyrnwy and I think its the rise from the village to the lake side that'd be the problem rather than round the lake itself. That much is pretty flat (with the odd gentle undulation). Wouldn't say the whole thing is a steady incline.

Then again, I haven't actually run it before so maybe that makes it feel more like an incline?

Sorry, I'm not being much help really am I?!!! :op

STSP x
  • Options
    got our numbers through yesterday. Yipee
    1145 & 1146 at this rate it will be fill by mid May.
  • Options
    just got my number 500, weird, mine is later and lowerer than the rest of you how? why? perhaps they are sending these out randomly?