Options

First Timer

Comments

• Options
    Just make sure you well hydrate on Saturday and as long as you take water/isotonic drinks frequently you will be fine. forgetting the suncream may be more of an issue and a hat or bandana will be good to keep the sun off your head/back of your neck.
  • Options
    Have opted for a different shirt now i've found out about the weather...oh no and after all my handiwork with the transfers etC!! Will now have to wear that one for pre race piccies I think...
    PS Expo was great! I cried...3 times..I'm going to be in pieces on sunday!

SBS - noticed on a previous thread you aren't able to bring any supporters to London...you can borrow some of mine if you tell me who to look out for! (are you nunning in this one?!)
  • Options
    Did the Expo yesterday - I know we've all been told repeatedly how big this whole FLM thing is, but it's not until I was there yesterday just how big the whole event really is! Looked around a bit but not long as everyone there looked super fit!
    Anyway, one question - I meant to pick up water and lucozade bottle caps which I think they provided so you can cap your bottle while on the run - but I forgot!! Are they the same size as the lucozade bottle tops you buy in the shops? If so I'll take my own.
  • Options
    Ooooh Gossy I got choked at the expo too but managed to refrain from crying. It was quite surreal though and like you said Tricky just makes you realise what a huge event it is and how much goes into organising it - feel excited to be a part of it. I'm definately going to be choked the whole way round on race day!

Thanks for the instructions CMR, hopefully I'll be able to do it (i am computer literate honest!).

Ah Gossy tahts a shame with your t-shirt -is ti really too warm for the weather?
  • Options
    definetely no nuns outfit for this 1 gossy ! the offer for the added support is a fantastic 1 . i'l be running in a white adidas t-shirt with sweetie in black and gold letters plastered across the front and black shorts . my running number is 11861 (i think) although i will double check . this would be great but now i'm on the verge of tears !!! by the way everybody , check out the first 3 digits of my number , fate or what !
  • Options
    Tricky I meant to pick up a bottle top too. I have still got a bottle of vittel at home that i bought at the expo yesterday and was wondering whther to just keep that lid.. but then actually i think i want a sport lid as that is easier to drink from.
  • Options
    Hi All,

how exciting!!

Tricky you couldn't have seen me at ExCel as then you would have realised that not everyone looked athletic!!

Did the pasta party with the kids and there were tears in my eyes just listening to a presentation on pacing !

What bottle top? I'm panicing now ! where can I get one ?

As for the top it's going to have to be the charity vest with a load of vaseline !
  • Options
    SBS
    That's great - I shall tell all my supporters to look out for you - found out last night my sister and 10 year old niece are coming down for the day...i'm so excited - they will be cheering from the Mint pub on Smithfield so just after Tower Bridge and again on the way back at about 22 miles....my sistr is LOUD so I'm sure if she sees you you will hear her!
    Laura - I know - having a real dither about what to wear (typical huh?!)Will have a go painting on new vest today (will be nice to have frankly more important things to think about soon!!)
    Good luck everyone...nothing but rest and contemplation now...
  • Options
    Anyone running this week?
    I've not yet.. might go for a little jog later - psych myself up a bit!
  • Options
    CMR I did 3 on Tuesday, had a little cross train in the gym yesterday (only 30 mins) and am doing 2 tonight, then that's me done!

When I did my run on Tuesday, I ran up a huge main road, and was imaginging it being full of runners and people on the sidelines and nearly started crying! When I got home i felt all choked thinking about the actual day. That'll psyche you up
  • Options
    CMR,
    Not since Monday - and that was pants. I might be tempted on Saturday just to shake off some last-minute nerves but if that's pants as well it won't do my mental condition any good! Can't shake off dull ache in my left lower legg so I might actually be talking myself into complete rest until Sunday.
  • Options
    I'm getting worried about the heat ohhhh hope it doesn't get too hot, not looking promising though :(
  • Options
    Umm - I suppose this week is just about mental preparation really, and we all do that in different ways.
    I bruised my foot so I was hoping for that to heel before running again - think I did my shoelaces too tight!

Hope your leg sorts itself, I'm sure it will.
    Heavy legs around now is normal - something to do with glycogen store.. probably a good thing then! (I'll tell myself that when I am heavy legged after 20 miles!)
  • Options
    Laura - todays Met check only shows a high of 16 degrees. I guess we wont know until the day! There is water every mile after 3 miles I think....
  • Options
    Every forecast I look at shows different temps - one shows 21! Yeah I guess we won't know til the day and there is not much I can do about it. I just hate exercising in heat arghh!
  • Options
    well guys , this it , my last post before the big day . sarah , big thanks for starting this forum , its been a great help to know that i am not alone . gossy , thanks for the offer of crowd support .... cant wait to hear your sister ! everybody else , thanks for all the banter and encouragement along the way . we have all done the training , never mind how hard it has been . we have all improved not only as runners but also as people . lets all go out and do it . make other people proud of you . most of all , make yourself proud . enjoy it and i'l see you all at the finish line !
  • Options
    Ah SBS, it has certainly been a journey, and I wish you the best of luck for Sunday, enjoy the day and do yourself proud, can't wait to hear all about it next week!

I am online for the rest of the day but in case no one else is then I wish you all a big GOOD LUCK. I'm sure it will all come together nicely on the day, enjoy it and be proud of yourselves.
  • Options
    Dont panic. There is loads of water and a few showers on the way round too. Make sure you put on plenty of suntan lotion and cover the back of your neck then stay in the shade wherever you can.

You are going to have a great day. The weather will bring out the crowds which will help

Tricky your leg pain is almost certainly nerves. Ignore it but rest in case. Like you say a bad 2 mile run will not be good psychologically.

Take on plenty of water tomorrow 3litres to be sure that you are fully hydrated on Sunday morning.

IT WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yep, this has been a good thread. It's been an incredible help to know there are others in the same boat and others who have done it all before.

Thanks, Rio, for your patient answers to our virgin-wibbles!

All the best to all of you! I'll look out for you, if you've got your forum names on (I'll have TrickyDicky on my back!)
  • Options
    I'll have Laura on mine, front and back, along with "Kith & Kids". So we're looking out for TrickyDicky, Rio Fair, Sweetie (SBS was that you? ) - what other names pls?

Gossy, Sarah what are you having on your t-shirts?
  • Options
    I will have Rio on the back of my white vest. And am starting from pen 8 on Blue.

Good luck everyone and I cant wait to hear all your inspirational stories early next week.

You will be conquering one of the biggest things you can ever do and you are about to become a member of an elite club.
    Wear your medal with pride you have earned it - not just for running on Sunday but for overcoming the obstacles which get in your way over the months in training.

A marathon is not just 26.2 miles it is 26.2 miles and months of training miles too!
  • Options
    Yes, whilst I was a late edition to this thread, everyone has been so helpful and its been such a great support...can't wait until Sunday now especially now there is lots of talk of the Marathon on the news etc!!!

SBS - sister is ready to cheer at Mint Pub!

Good luck everyone. Just get out there and realise those dreams!!!

See you here on Monday with our post race tales?
  • Options
    I dont know what I would have done without these forums, especially this one - I feel like you are all my running buddies we've all been through similar journeys. So helpful to hear that everyone else is going through the same thing.

Oo this is so amazing!
  • Options
    We are all running buddies Laura.
    As you will find out when you meet everyone
  • Options
    Ahh that's lovely Rio.

Ooh in 48 hours time we will be stuck right in.
  • Options
    i shall be running from pen 6 at the red start and will have JO on my bright yellow vest and The Children's Society logo on the front...i'll look out for everyone too!
  • Options
    that was going to be my last post but i just cant stay away ! laura , yes , i'm sweetie ! a final good luck everybody , it has , and will be emotional .
  • Options
    Good luck everyone - just try to enjoy the day.
    Gossy - I am also in pen 6 at red start - will look out for you
    Rog
  • Options
    OMG I'm Balling now can hardly see to type ! pull yourself together sarah!!

• Options
    Right I'm dry eyed now!

It has been great having people to chat to be it on line. I feel as if I know you all.

I will be running in a Phab for Kids vest with Sarah written on the front might do the back as well !

red start but right back in pen 9 !

Good luck everyone I am so excited!!