Heckington 10,

Hi , i am the race director of the Heckington 10 and thought i would publicise the event on this forum,This years event run by the show and in conjuction withSleaford Striders is on Saturday 28th of July starting at 10 am,The course is a fast flat course on rural Lincolnshire roads run alongside the Heckington show.All finishers will receive  a technical t-shirt.

Comments

• Whoops I forgot. entry form and free online entry can be found at www.heckingtonshow.org

• Morning - it's here if the link above doesn't work:

http://www.heckingtonshow.org.uk/

Can't make it this year but I've now got it bookmarked for next year so thank you - see you in 2013!  Hope it all goes smoothly and you get decent weather image

• .. and it will probably be hot & sunny, good luck!

• The course is a fast flat course on rural Lincolnshire roads run alongside the Heckington show.All finishers

http://www.avufo.info/g.gif

• It was hot and sunny as usual.
    Was it just me or was every single mile marker 0.4 miles out.
    Shame the engraving was wrong on the medal (Hecktington).

Well marshalled and a great day out at the show.

• Hi Paul,yes the mile markers were out, we had the course measured on Friday  which we have to have done as the course is not a permenent site so has to be done yearly.We had Garmined the new course but had to wait until Friday for conformation of the distance. we were exactly one lap of the arena out so the mile markers needed to be moved by 0.2 miles,  it meant i needed to alter the mile markers  and it had to be done Saturday morning . i think you will understand i added the 0.2 instead of moving it backwards.I stood at 1 mile and thought it was very long but still did not grasp i had done it wrong. Apoligies but i think you will understand there is so much to do that mistakes do get made. What did you think of the alterations to the course, we had to change it because of traffic issues on the double bends on Kyme Road and feedback would be good.

• Hi Big Dicko

Thanks for the explanation - I thought that was probably the scenerio though.

To be honest, as a runner concentrating on my running, I didn't really notice the alterations to the course. I last did it 2 years ago - so I suppose that's the reason. Taking the bends out, thus making it safer has to be a good move - especially taking the race forward for future years. The rest of the course is the same and so seemed familiar. Personally, I quite like the 2 lap course. Flat and fast and always hot and sunny.

As I said before - well marshalled with plenty of drinks stations. A reasonable entry fee for the race (which includes a great day out at the show) plus a Technical Tee- shirt thrown in. Who could complain at that?

Slightly off topic: It's a shame the youth track races couldn't be a little better publicised to get more competitors in them. I used to do the senior 1500m quite a few years ago. It's tough on a grass track - but it's a great feeling to run in front of the crowds and a fantastic atmosphere.

• ho there dicko, I am a bit of a jonny come lately to this thred, but just wanted to say thanks, well marshalled and well supported. the locals were very friendly to. I think most folks worked out what had gone on with the mile markers, so it didnt cause much bother, and if there is any one that is overly bothered about it, I am sure that they can volunteer to help you out next year, any way, thanks again, and see you next year....