Monday 23rd July 2012

Mornng you lot

Todays lyrics:I hear the drums echoing tonight 

What:5M Fartlek done. Dry and humid.

Why: usual for me to run a fartlek session on a Monday.

Catch up time soon

Have a good one.

Comments

• Morning.

Pammie - that explains it then. I couldn't understand why my local store had a sign advertising extended Sunday hours - I guess it's just for a couple of weeks then?

birkmyre - lovely mornings here though I think it will be a little warm for Grace later, does Geordie do ok in the heat?

7d - good news.

Could be interesting trying to run this afternoon - forecast here is 26C, slightly warmer than it has been!

Yesterday's lyrics were See The Sun by Dido.

What:             swim am/easy run and smt pm
    Why:              haven't run since Friday
    Last hard:       20/7
    Last rest:        11/6

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Lyrics: yes yes yes. The guiltiest of pleasures. 

What: 12M easy

Why: Enforced rest tomorrow so makes sense to fit it in now injury scare has passed.

Last hard: 15/7

Last rest: 16/7

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! And a very pleasant one as well, particularly as not working today...in fact I may only be working tomorrow morning until September!

Lyrics: are you short of rain now, Birks?

What: I may walk behind the mower shortly.

7D:  have you done the 12m yet? Or is it planned for later?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Alehouse: later on, after work, woke up too late and the weather is a bit heavy for now. How come?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

7d: just wondering if there was any reaction...you'll know this evening!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • lyrics: yes

what: short run later with dog, some interval work

why: because i need to speed up a bit!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

LMH well done for perservering with the race, it's never easy when you feel like it's way harder than it should be.  Sounds like a tough course as well.

7D be careful, I ingored my hip twinge and look where I am now!  Rest and stretch.

Ale good news on the improvement.

AWOL over the weekend due to in laws visiting for OH's PhD graduation.  When they travel 6000 miles to get here I feel I need to spend some time with them!

Did 15 miles cycle on Sat to test the hip.  Beautiful sunshine, new bits of Cambridgeshire and no pain.  Sunday  did 45 mins gardening, beautiful sunshine, but a lot of hip pain image  Did a lot of stretching and the pain has gone today.  Hamstings are very tight though - I think as a result of the ride...fizz tonight.

Have a good day enjoying the sunshine

• Hey. Did 15M with some long hills after work. Injury is totally fine, was just a brief twinge, and all in all a really fun trip. However, despite taking adequate sun protection (sun cream, hat), I passed out a bit on returning with heatstroke and threw up a few times. Back to normal now but another lesson learned the hard way.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Good news, 7d: and I don't mean the sunstroke!

Mowed the grass, then walked just over a kilometre before the first twinges set in, so called it a day: would have been the perfect day for a stroll through the woods and by the river, but hey, there'll be other days. Managed some stretches though.

Hope your phys went well, Emzap.

I like the pic, Max's mum!