15 mins till beer time

its a beautiful day and so just out to sit outin ther sun doing a jigsaw and having a lager......my unwritten rule is to try and avoid opening up the lager till 12 noon......

anyone going to join me or is it too early for youimage

Comments

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Sorry, I have to drive later otherwise I too would be out there.  Generally I wouldn't drink before noon, but when on holiday (and today it does feel a bit like a holiday) I can start a bit earlier.

• Wish I could join you Seren, bit busy today so maybe after 5pm image

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Looks like I'll be running my hottest race of the year so far, this evening.  So beer o'clock will be as soon as I can find a cold pint of cider after a cool-down.  I presume there are pubs in Coventry? Anyone been there?

• Way too sensible now + driving/working etc. but have been known in an earlier age to wake up to the noise of a lager top coming of a bottle, always like the flip ones you used to get on Grolsch, makes a lovely sound on a nice summer morning at breakfast.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I used to live in Coventry when I was a student.  I seem to have a bit of a black hole surrounding what we did in the evenings so the pubs must have been good.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

In Germany we used to have beer o' clock at lunch almost every day

• i would add i am on holiday so different from normal routine.......image.and a cool beer in the sun seems to go down really wellimage

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

On a Sunday when out for a walk maybe. On a running day then once every so often after the evening run - say 8:30pm.

On holiday - well - the sun's shinning. image

• 12.30 but I substituted champagne for beer - kicking off my birthday celebrations early. Hic! image

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

What a lovely day for it.  Happy birthday!  I'll raise an Aspall's to you later.  (The champagne of ciders.)  image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I had Aspall's last night.
    I have champagne, but it's not for me so I can't drink it.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)

Looks like I'll be running my hottest race of the year so far, this evening.  So beer o'clock will be as soon as I can find a cold pint of cider after a cool-down.  I presume there are pubs in Coventry? Anyone been there?

I used to live in Coventry. Where's the race? They do have one or two pubsimage

I don't have beer time, can't stand the stuff image

Happy birthday xine!

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Here apparently.  Getting the train back this evening so it may be a cheeky one near the station if we have time.  5,000m in the heat.  Ugh!

• Nothing better than a beer or a glass of wine at lunchtime when you're on holiday.  Kind of reminds you in a very nice way that this isn't a normal working day image

I wouldn't be drinking before lunchtime (say noon) though except on VLM day which is completely an exception to all rules. 

I don't understand people who are quaffing pints at the airport with their breakfast.  I had a 6am check in the other week and the guy in front of me at the cafe ordered a pint of Stella with his bacon buttie image

I'm at work, the sun is shining and the sky is blue .... I could murder a beer!

• Thank you image I love Aspall's, especially Perronelle's Blush.

Wonder if its too early to start mixing drinks?

• The sun has passed over the yardarm at 11:00am so that's fine in my book image

• PhilPub wrote (see)
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Here apparently.  Getting the train back this evening so it may be a cheeky one near the station if we have time.  5,000m in the heat.  Ugh!

I spent many Saturdays working there for about 4/5 years is it a Godiva race?

Varsity is about 200yds down the road - full of Students as its on the edge of Campus

Not sure I would recommend the ones near the station and the cafe place is very expensive per can

• the sun is still too hot to think about cooking...................so might think about another drink as an aperitif

xine.have a great birthday..penblwydd hapus............i hate champagne...too dry for me unless you drown it in lemonadeimageimage

• When our kids where young, when they want to bed

when our kids where teenagers about 7/8 o'clock

now our kids have left home any time we feel like.

• If I'm going on holiday then I'll always have a pint or two no matter what time of day it is, its traditional.  4am I think was the earliest when I was heading off for my stag do.

If I'm going to football on a Saturday its usually around 10am.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Usually not until after lunch. On the other hand when I'm preparing it, then if it's good enough for Keith Floyd, then it's good enough for me.

Also agree with the yard arm criteria mentioned earlier. As Nigella says "when the sun's setting over the yard arm somewhere in the world"
  • I've never been much of a drinker, but I am not drinking anymore alcohol until I go back to uni at the end of September. Save a bit of cash. image