Wednesday 25th July 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics;Living on free food tickets

Yesterdays lyrics: Don't stand so close to me.

What:4.5M Steady

Why: Nice sunny morningimage

Alex: I managed 30mins on bike yesterday

Catch up time soon

Have  a good one.

Comments

• Morning.

Alex - you'll develop a love/hate relationship with it if my experience is anything to go by!

birkmyre - are you still decorating or back to work for a rest?

What:          nothing
    Why:           jab today and coach says to take a rest day - he doesn't do this often
    Last hard:    taking the rest day won't be easy"
    Last rest:     11/6

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

Internet was a no go yesterday did manage to get online a few times but couldn't stay online for long

Monday short of time and sodidn't get the chance to  but Monday and Tuesday short 1½ miles in the heat but kept it short think this week will be an enforced taper for Saturday

Just back fromwork decided to run home noew i don't have to get up and run It was 1.7 miles but boy was it hard could feel it in my calves guess being on my feet for 10 hours don't help

What: 1.7 miles
    Why: to escape the 31 degree heat later (Dubi Dave don't laugh)
    Last hard : that was
    Lyrics rings a bell 

• Morning LMH and Pammie

LMH: I'm  at work. We got decorators inimage to do plastering.

• Very sensible birkmyre!

Pammie - 31C? We're only forecast a high of 26C. It must have taken quite a lot of mental strength to run home after a night at work - well done you. Are you racing on Saturday?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all
    London expected in the 30s again today - certainly feels that way

did the 800 reps yesterday, baking hot still at 6:30pm , I have never sweated as much
    Got back in the car, said it was still 28deg...
    today - 7 miles steady
    why -miles miles miles
    not sure I know the words either...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Blimey, it's hot! But I love summer image

Well done braving the heat Pammie and 7d. Although that sunstroke sounded horrendous! 15 miles in those temperatures if you are not used to it is bonkers! Glad you are feeling better image

alex, good to see you back.

emzap: good news from the fizz!

Well, we did a lovely bike ride on the Baltic coastal path yesterday. It got very hot towards the end but we kept lathering on the sunscreen, so no damage done. A lovely sea swim as a reward at the end of the tour. Nice.

Today:

what: 14 miles medium long midweek run
    why: schedule
    last hard: dragging myself out of bed at 5:30 on my hols to escape the worst of the heat
    last rest: 17/7
    lyrics: no

Only a few more days and it's the Olympics !!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning! (Just!)

No sun here yet today...19.5 degrees the car says, and thick grey cloud which doesn't seem to want to shift.

What: a walk plus stretches

Dustin: thought of you yesterday evening when you were doing the 8s...rather you than me!
    Chick: medium long midweek runs seem to be a major building platform for a decent marathon.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Afternoon all

lyrics yes!

oh gawd my feet are not touching the ground  right now

hope you are all okay, warm wishes to you all anyway!

what: well  I did something called exercise today 22.2 miles on my bike to work

why: Oh i so needed to

last hard: that but no

lasy easy: too many days but Cleo is so worth it!

ta ta all see you again when I can

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Wabo:  good to hear from you and that you are enjoying Cleo! How much longer are the "kids" over for?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Wabo - glad your loving the family time!
    Chicka - Olympics start today!!  (girls football)

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

Ended up chosing the gardening option yesterday.  Going to see the new Batman tonight image  Will just do core work and stretches.  Tomorrow will be the trial run day.

It's hot!

7 days left at work...

Have a good one all.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Not slept well still last night.

LMH Racing!!!!!! i don't know  but  i'll try and give it a good effort 9am start will feel a different world to me to be racing

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

what - 6.5m Easy
    why - TR 24 at the weekend
    Last Hard - Monday
    Last Rest - Yesterday

Take care

• Evening

Cracking sunny/warm day up hereimage

Got The Ghost Runner (John Tarrant and Fire on the Track (Story of Harold Abrahams) from library today.

• Evening

What bailed after afew yards
    Why Just didn't feel right
    Lyrics yes

Will try an easy few miles tomorrow and then cycle to work. Was planning a cut back week anyway as I'm busy all weekend.

Nice result in the footie

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Postie - Ah well, these things happen! At least it was in a cut back week!
    Pammie - My internet is playing up too...keeps dropping out and is very annoying! What do you have on this weekend?
    Wabo - Glad to see you are enjoying your visitors' time!!
    Chicka - Some good effort going in there!
    LMH - I'm back on the turbo tomorrow for a longer steady ride...will see if I start leaning towards the hate side!!image

Swimming for me today...felt the best I ever have in the pool for the first 400m. Lost it a bit for some of the next 400m set, but got it back in the middle. Had a decent last 400m too but was getting a little tired then!! A really good 1200m done!

• Evening all, sporadic internet here too. 7M in the evening (apparently it's easier when that hot yellow thing in the sky is lower) with the middle 4 at tempo. Felt very good.

Birkmyre: The Ghost Runner is a cracking book, inspirational stuff.

• sevend: Cheers, been wanting to read it since it came out.

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Evenin' all!

What : 6 miles easy plus 6x120m stride outs

What: because I knew I was going to be knackered!

Last Hard: everything seems to be hard at the moment

Last rest: Mon 16th July

The stride outs were good, though pretty ungainly even allowing for the fact that this is the first time I've legged it for a couple of years. On the other hand the "easy" running was feeble. I've lost the ability to control my pace and also to anticipate the appropriate effort to deliver an on-pace run for a specified distance.

God knows how tomorrows planned 11.7M at 8:30 pace will turn out........
  • Monday short of time and sodidn't get the chance to  but Monday and Tuesday short 1½ miles in the heat but kept it short think this week will be an enforced taper for Saturday

http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif