London 2012 (no spoilers please)

Well, we're nearly there, im beside myself with excitement cant wait for the games to start and already enjoying the build up.

Anyone else looking forward to the games, what events are you looking forward to, who will you be shouting support for?

Have you got tickets for anything?

Im mostly looking forward to:

Road races
Time Trials
Triathlon
Swimming
Athletics
Open water swimming
Track cycling

Will try and watch as much as I can, maybe a bit of archery, equestrian (Grenwich backdrop looks fab)

Comments

• I had actually forgotten about the OW swimming  !!     I usually try to  image

I do like the Equestrian games as well as all of the above

I just cant wait, off the back of last weekend this is going to be a fab few weeks  !!!

• We will be at the triathlon and the ow swimming. Missing the bike OAS race cos of our nieces wedding !
  • Meldy, I agree, the last 3 weeks of TDF and especially Sunday really wet the appetite.

Wiggins, Cav, Froome, Millar (dont know so much about Stannard), what a road race team image

Womens team for Sunday has potential to with Pooley and Nicole Cooke

• Standard won the British road race championship a month ago and was in the mix during the Tour of Poland
  • I'm getting totally excited about the whole thing and the prophets of doom and gloom are really getting on my nerves.

We've tickets for the diving, tennis finals, canoe sprint & a football semi-final.  Apart from the tennis none of these are really sports I'd usually watch but I can't wait to be there.image

Apart from that I want to watch the athletics, cycling and the horsey stuff.  That said I'll kind of watch anything that's on.

• Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Meldy, I agree, the last 3 weeks of TDF and especially Sunday really wet the appetite.

And the last 45 seconds was edge of the seat stuff! image

As for the Olympics - don't have tickets but have 10 days off work (well I quit my job technically), and plan to become a couch potato and watch every minute of it (apart from daily training between the morning and afternoon sessions) image

• Rafiki wrote (see)
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Meldy, I agree, the last 3 weeks of TDF and especially Sunday really wet the appetite.

As for the Olympics - don't have tickets but have 10 days off work (well I quit my job technically), and plan to become a couch potato and watch every minute of it (apart from daily training between the morning and afternoon sessions) image

Wasnt it just, after they came out of the tunnel and Wiggins put the power down at the front with 1km to go, that was class image

• going to the ladies hockey and to the athletics one evening... can't wait, very excited.

Come on team GB!

• I'm very excited, and like TP am fed up of the doom and gloomers. We have tickets for the athletics next Saturday so should be able to watch some triathlon and women's marathon around that as well hopefully.The timing of it all worked out really well and I'm looking forward to making a weekend of it.

I have got some bunting and a Team GB flag to put round my desk at work from Friday (I delayed just to be clear it wasn't for the recent football!). Lots of eyeball rolling from my colleagues. I have also got some of those flag things you can put on your wing mirrors - though haven't sussed them out yet.

The football starting today threw me (though I'm not into that) - I had assumed nothing would start until after the Opening Ceremony on Friday. I may have to put the bunting up tomorrow... And get a planner thing!
  • Princess Leah wrote (see)

I have got some bunting and a Team GB flag to put round my desk at work from Friday (I delayed just to be clear it wasn't for the recent football!). Lots of eyeball rolling from my colleagues. I have also got some of those flag things you can put on your wing mirrors - though haven't sussed them out yet. 

Love it image

I need to get some flags image

• Princess Leah - if you have an iPhone or Android phone, there is an official London 2012 app

iPhone

Android 

• Ooohhhh, thanks Schmunkee!

[Gets out of bed to find phone...]
  • Ohhhh nooooooo "this app requires iOS 4.2".

Pooh.

Edit: [0/10 for brains. I was in bed looking at forum on iPad and didn't need to get out of bed to find antiquated phone. App now installed, thank you!]
  • Looking forward to it, will have to set the SkyPlus for most of it though.

A bit of and Ooops moment yesterday with the N/S Korean flag mix up! image

• Anyone got party plans fro the opening ceremony? Time to crack out the beers and bunting.

We are off to a friends house extension (and olympic) opening parry on Friday night.image

• I imagine event organisers are double checking their flags this morning.

What a disgraceful and embarrassing cock up that was.image

• fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭

me and Petal are volunteers for the duration of the Games so get to see them from a different angle. we don't have event tickets and can't get into any, but will take adavantage of the fact that we can access the Olympic Park at any time with our passes so can soak in the atmosphere there if needed and watch events on the big screens around the park.   

we will be working 10hr shifts when on duty so will miss some key stuff sadly but we get days off as well so can take advantage of our passes to the full then

• I didn't get any tickets (the bast***s) - so was pretty hacked off. So instead I've invested in a freeview HD box which gets iplayer as well as being able to record 2 HD channels simultaneously. So hopefully I should get to watch loads - there are 22 BBC channels for the Olympics apparently!!

• Had an email from my swim club coach today, he was at the Opening Ceremony rehearsal last night and its apparently something that shouldnt be missed.

• Rafiki wrote (see)
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Quitting your job just to watch the telly is taking Olympic supporting to new levels!!!image

I can't wait.  Unfortunately work will get in the way of watching a lot of it, and I can't record, but will watch as much as i can.  Will try to stream stuff on work computer if possible!  I was thinking yesterday that i should have booked time off and gone to London to stay with pals, but tbh it was Outlaw or Olympics! Anyway, cannot wait.  Looking forward to opening ceremony.  A friend of mine is in it doing some aerial acrobatics stuff - her sister is World Xterra Tri champ! image 

• Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Had an email from my swim club coach today, he was at the Opening Ceremony rehearsal last night and its apparently something that shouldnt be missed.

What are the odds they get Beckham to light the flame by curling a burning football past a diving Greek goalkeeper into the top corner of the cauldron?

• Sounds good Barlos .. although I am glad we haven't got Dave in charge of the Openning Ceremony

• Can't wait for it start image

We're off to see diving on Monday (#2 son is a diver and idolised Tom Daley) and then, my favourite, track cycling on Friday. We're seeing the mens team pursuit finals, and I will (hopefully) be very very excited and embarrassing image
  • If they want the opening ceremony to be really up to date, they need to announce 8 potential flame-lighters at the start of the show, so we can have a phone vote through the ceremony with the winner announced by Ant & Dec at the end.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

A mate posted some pics of the opening ceremony up on Facebook - it does look good, a bit wierd but good.  Gutted that we booked a holiday without thinking about when the Olympics was so we are going to miss the first week and a half.

• Dave- we did that last time and were in the States when the Beijing games were on. It was a right pain, I wanted to see the cycling, but the yanks seemed to be obsessed by gymnastics and beach volleyball image
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

If they want the opening ceremony to be really up to date, they need to announce 8 potential flame-lighters at the start of the show, so we can have a phone vote through the ceremony with the winner announced by Ant & Dec at the end.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

If they want the opening ceremony to be really up to date, they need to announce 8 potential flame-lighters at the start of the show, so we can have a phone vote through the ceremony with the winner announced by Ant & Dec at the end.

Dear god, no image

• Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

Am looking forward to the sport starting ( I don't count the football as that is not an olympic sport)  - Am mainly looking forward to the athletics (all of it even the field events) also the road cycling and the mountain biking as that is being held in an area I know well and have run round many times.  Am interested in the triathlan too just to see how the Brownlee boys go.

• Football at the Olympics is an irrelevance. Keep the games for sports where it is the pinnacle of achievement, The Garteh Bale stuff proves the point and I really struggle to understand it.