Milland Valley Trail 13

image  This is a super run scenery is beautiful, facilities mixed showers (doesnt worry me tho as i`m normally last everyone else has gone) haha. Lots of shade on the run it is usually hot. Lovely big field for parking,teas and drinks available in the cricket club bar they also put on some food if you havent bought your own picnic. can sometimes watch a cricket match afterwards too if you want to stay on. come along and give it a go You will not be dissapointed!

Comments

• Thanks for starting the thread off Bob. Not see you lately. Must be doing different events! Course so muddy in places! I'm hoping to get some nice dry weather soon. Worried they won't let us park on the cricket field. Lane verge instead! Busy with the last details of the race delivering instructions and signs and going around the course making sure it's not too overgrown.

As Bob says if you like trail races you will love this!

See some of you at the Surrey Slog (or what ever its called these days)!

• image hey Tom hope you can dry the course up a bit for the race day . By the way its not Bob its his misses. Deb whose put this on thru Bobs RW page. I bet you wondered when i said i`m ususally last. As you know Bob runs alot quicker than me ha ha . Look forward to Race Day. Debs.

• Sorry Deb. I did wonder. Bob has beaten me on occassion. Possible a hot sunny week to come?

See you two in August.

• How fast is this please?  I have done it a couple of times in the past but can't remember - d'oh!!  I am coming back from an injury and am even slower than I usually am so don't want to keep everyone hanging around waiting for me!!

• I bet you wondered when i said i`m ususally last. As you know Bob runs alot quicker than me ha ha . Look forward to Race Day. Debs.

http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif

• Lazybones, better not be lazybones on this one! Loads of short, sharp hills. Similar to the Surrey Slog expect +15-20% more time than a flat road race, although the Slog has long less steep hills, ours are short and numerous. There is a route profile on the Liss Runners Website. We have a 3 hour time limit to do the 13 miles but are quite flexible. As long as you slow runner most of it and get back around 3h 15' we don't mind.

• Have run dozens of trail events in the south, but never this one, so might give it a go. BP2, asume you were joking about the showers!

• There is only one shower room (male dominated sports club!). So in the past the ladies have snuck in when the men have gone. The ladies may be best to bring a swimming costume, if they want to shower?

The course is drying up a bit but there is still plenty of mud. Esp. after 12 miles. There are still plenty of entries available but now just entries on the day. See you all on Sunday!

• Tom, that would spoil the fun! I see this is the top rated August event in RW, so you must be doing something right. The course looks undulating from the profile, although I assume the climbs can't be anything like those on my beloved South Downs. 

• The ladies might have  something so say about that, Southdownsman image! We have a great group of runners that do the race making a fantastic atmosphere over the whole event and give us some lovely ratings and comments. Apart for the usual directorial stresses it's a pleasure to organise. I'm also a fan of the Downs and am often out and about on them enjoying the views. Our set of hills are a little less high and of sandstone but the views are a close second esp. from the last hill (Older Hill above Redford at 208m above sea level). The slopes come thick and fast though just not as long as thoes on the Downs. By the end you'll be tired enough!

• Is the race fully waymarked? (I'm a newbie to the South - up North we often have the nav part to tackle as well!)  Thanks image

• Fully Waymarked Roxy. Big yellow signs everwhere, no need for naviagtion.

• Brill, thanks. Will see you Sunday if all goes to plan!

• In fact, if anyone from London is reading this - does anyone want to liftshare? I can drive or happy to contribute petrol money if someone else is driving down. Let me know. image

• Looking forward to this challenge imageimageimage

• Tom, is there any reason why I shouldn't bring my dog - on a lead, of course?

• image  Looking forward to sun . Anyone who wants a super run off road come and join us You wont be dissapointed i promise. And hey if youre worried about being last Don`t be It is usually me but at least i`ve got a friend running with me  (she`s only coming for the mixed showers) hee hee

• That was the muddiest, roughest and slowest half marathon I've ever done. Someone said it reminded them of the Tough Guy without the obstacles.
    As I'm running Salisbury next w/e, decided to take Max and treat today as a training exercise - run is hardly descriptive. He was brilliant, but I spent nearly the whole time just trying to keep upright and still fell over twice, taking some skin off my shin on the second occasion.
    I actually yearned for a bit of tarmac at times, so I could practise the Chirunning. However everyone was very friendly, particularly the Bulgers - Martin gave me a signed copy of his book and it good to meet Claire again. Max even got a medal!

• Another year over and done! 13th race and unlucky for us! Muddy out on the course made some of the hills a tad dangerous and saw some of you come in with cuts and bruises. Thankfully no serious injuries. Also we made a little bit of a mess of the Sports Pavilion field. Lastly a considerate local had decided to go to town with moving signs. This lead the top 30 into a private lakeside wooded area in the section after the last water station. Many thanks to Farnham's Charles Ashby for correcting the signs for the latter runners. I owe you Charles!

We will have a post race meeting and go through what happened. It looks likely we will be discontinuing this event and think about putting on something new.

Best regards to all,

Tom.

• Discontinue?!?! That was the best race I've ever run! Definitely worth the drive down from London. The mud just made it all the more fun image

• HI all, 

I thoroughly enjoyed the race on sunday! Yes, it was muddy and challenging in times but that was expected from trail running. I tested my new trail shoes and they passed with excellence image, no blisters, no falls during my run!

Big thank you to all marshals and organizors for their effort in creating an enjoyable  event! I really could not fault anything! 

• I hope you don't have to stop the event as I thoroughly enjoyed it, mud and all. The atmosphere was brilliant and the marshals were incredibly friendly. Being a keen cricketer though I did think to myself that you might well have had a very unhappy groundsman on Monday morning.........

Thanks for putting the event on and if it is the last time it happens I'm glad I managed it!