Friday 3rd August 2012

Morning

Todays lyrics:Give us this day all that you showed me - The power and the glory till my kingdom comes. 

What;4 Easy miles off road for me. Lapping fields overlooking Glasgow airport. Okay run.

Why: Just like running off road at least once a week at moment.

Come on Jessica Ennis today and tomorrow.

Come on Team GB

Comments

• Morning.

Lovely one here - sunny and bright.

What:         gym and swim, maybe a short, easy run this pm
    Why:          want to get faster in the water
    Last hard:    20/7
    Last rest:     30/7

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Good news from Physio last night.  I'm allowed to start running gently (not marathon training yet!).  Good news though as need to have something to do for when we move!

Last day at work today, still haven't signed contract for next phase, or even been told my pay.  Sigh.  Nothing like leaving it till the last minute...

Not running today, too much to do (and don't want to overdo it after the fizz worked through everything last night).

Have a good day all.

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning peoples!

I am very fortunate to be off work this week and next...and have been glued to the Olympics too! I am currently ensconced in the caravan in West Wales with a slightly ropey internet connection which has now sorted itself out. Hence why I haven't been around! The weather here is changeable to say the least. Very heavy showers followed by sun!

In summary...last week up until the Sunday was a good training week with 3 turbo sessions, 1 run and 1 swim. Wanted to do an extra run in there but time ran away with me. Good news though...having hovered around the 14st 2.6lb mark for about a month (and creeping up to 2.8lb the week before last) I lost 1.8lb for a 14st 1lb weighday on Monday. Will have to see the effects of this week though before I get too excited!

This week has been quieter. Went to the 3 day eventing Cross Country on Monday, which was brilliant! It was a 3am start to travel and didn't get home till 11pm but it was very worth it. Even more so when the team picked up the Silver medal the next day! As a result, Tuesday was a rest day (tired and travelling to West Wales!). Weds - 5 mile steady run in hideous conditions.
    Yesterday was planned to be a swim. But, I am on a holiday park in the summer holidays with a 15-16m pool. Pool was just too busy.
    Today I will run!! My eldest daughter is threatening to come with me for a bit...secretly hoping she does!

Emzap - Hope everything gets sorted for you today!
    LMH - Time to channel your inner Phelps/Adlington?
    Birks - Sounds like a good one!

Off to Cornwall next week...will be taking the wettie to do some open water!

Oh, and I've been enjoying the Judo too...as an ex-Judoka myself I was delighted for Gemma Gibbons yesterday! Most unexpected!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Good news on the phys front, Emzap! And good to see you Alex: enjoying watching a wide range of events on the TV and have a number of Olympic tickets for next week.

Just back from physio myself: she is very pleased with progress, which means I am too, with the reservation of things being frustratingly slow. Video is showing a great improvement in muscular definition from when she first filmed in March. Don't know how it ever managed to get into such a poor state. Anyway, now allowed to run up to 8 x 200 metres for the next 2 weeks, subject to judging how I recover each day: tenderness is expected each morning but if this settles down during the day then that is OK. Gradually moving in the right direction: driving back, though, I reminded myself that there is a long, long way to go, not least on the weight front...daren't get on the scales!

No to the lyrics

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news indeed emzap and Alehouse.

Alex - I can empathise with your pool situation as the indoor pool at my gym has been closed for refurbishment leaving just the 20m outdoor pool for the first two weeks of the school summer holidays - nice one. In fact I'm so fed up that I've decided to change gyms, just the three month cancellation period to get through though I think they've broken our contract as they have not been providing me with facilities for swimming which is what I signed up for. Things may get tense!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    good news emzap and aleH
    nice move alex, i'm of next week, did have stuff to do at home, but doubt I'll leave the sofa for much of it. I am at the athletics Tuesday night and possibly thursday or Friday. Girls keen to see some hockey but cant get tickets despite hours trying...
    what , possibly nothing, maybe 2-3 easy
    why - tempo run last night, 7.7miles 56minutes, very muggy, sweating like a sweaty thing

lyric - yes indeed

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Good news indeed, ale and emzap!

LMH: how annoying. Hope they let you out of the contract. What a pain to go through image

postie: I will be out all day tomorrow on a bike tour -- when is the tri? Reckon I'm out of the equation though image

Pammie: good progess yesterday image

what: 9 miles with 5 tempo
    why: needs must
    last hard: today - simply not built for speed
    last rest: Monday
    lyrics: yes - an epic tune from my youth image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

More good news from here, a contract has been signed!  Means I'll have at least 1.5 days of work from 1st September image  Not a huge amount, but it'll keep me going image  Now have to work out how to register for tax purposes, but can work that out once I get there!

Hello Alex good to see you again.  Sounds like the training is going well.

LMH agh to gyms, they can really screw you over sometimes, hope you sort it out.

Anyone heard from stickless or madameO lately?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Emzap: indeed, more good news!

LMH: I would write to your present gym and formally terminate the contract with immediate effect as they are currently not able to provide the service that you subscribed to. I would indicate that if they are not prepared to do that you will be prepared to seek legal redress, an avenue that neither party would wish due to the time commitment for such a relatively small sum. Additionally I would mention that I doubt that the company would want the negative publicity that may follow and legal action. (I'd check your contract though to see if they have any cover-all get-out clause e,g, closures for renovation or repairs).

Dustin: hockey tickets are exceedingly difficult to get...the players generally only get two for family and friends per match and I know one who was complaining about this the other day. I have hockey tickets for Monday p.m. and the women's bronze medal match on Friday. Also athletics Weds morning for some heats and the first few events of the decathlon. Hope to catch the triathlon on weds morning if I can find a place to squeeze in and watch it in what will be a very busy Hyde Park.

Two athletes from my club competing today (we have five!)...one through to the hammer final, the other falling by the wayside in the 'chase.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Evening

Yesterdays lyrics were Queens "Bicycle race"

What nowt
    Why Headache
    Lyrics No

The womans Tri is 9am tomorrow and the mens is Tuesday morning at 11:30 (I think).

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Postie: can't help with texts I'm afraid as I'm helping at parkrun in the morning.

• Thanks Alehouse - that looks very impressive!

Good news emzap.

Not sure where I'll be I'm afraid postie - probably on the turbo as we're recording all the main olympic coverage.

• Good night all.

1500m swim, 10 mile bike and 4 mile run earlier to get the body used to the "circuit".

Still disappointed for Radcliffe - that was her last 18 months aim!!

LMH - Like the track cycling meself. Nice win for Pendleton - One question though - what's the story with the fella on the strange motorbike - Looks like granddad going for the shopping??? What's the point in the first 5 laps?. I've heard about following the derny but thought each bike had its own funny motorbike to follow???

Nice going by youre guys so far at the lympics as young Paddy calls it - great games so far. We're hoping for some hardware in the boxing ring - that's about it! A chance in some of the walks and a possibility in the sailing. We're only small you know!!

Favourite athlete so far?? Wiggins deffo.

Long wet cycle in the morning so off to bed!!