Options

Running Podcasts

I've been listening to Marathon Talk for a while now and have just started listening to Talk Ultra as well. Really great to listen to on runs.

Trouble is, as I'm upping the mileage, I need more! Any recommendations for other running podcasts? I could listen to other stuff while running of course, but I find if I'm actually listening to ones about running it's very inspiring and informative on nutrition, training tips etc.

Comments

• Options
    MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭

I tried one called  The Marathon Show   yesterday but the American blokes voice (not accent) was so annoying I had to stop. Maybe you can bear it more than I can. 

• Options

There is the parkrun show. If you've fallen to the addiction of Saturday morning parkruns yet then the show is a lighthearted review of the weekend's stats and stories across the parkrun world. I think it was born out of Marathon Talk, like their little brother.

• Options
    JohnnybikeJohnnybike ✭✭✭

Zen and the Art of Triathalon is always interesting

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Im another marathon show listener. I've tried several in the past (runners Round table, marathon show etc) but none are as good as marathon talk in my opinion.
  • Options
    IM Talk is a great show.
  • Options

Ultrarunner and Trail Runner Nation are good.  They are US shows, but lots of good interviews and training tips.

• Options

One I quite like is a guy called Ben Greenfield at www.bengreenfield.com

He's a serious competitve triathlete (some sort of American champion - perhaps in his age group) and talks about a whole range of stuff: running, nutrition, gym routines, lifestyle, you name it. Yep, there is the usual U.S. slickness but it's not exessive and the guy is genuinely knowledgeable. He has a particular take on nutrition which is always interesting even if I don't agree with all of it.

Worth a listen though. Length is usally around an hour to 90 minutes so good for a gym session.