Looking for a garmin plz

Was wondering if anyone could please help me out im looking for a gps garmin and model will do. Its just to help me out with me speed.

Thanks

Comments

• Totally depends on what you want to do, and what your budget is. I am assuming you mean you want a gps for running, not directing you in a car or when walking. The most basic model (of the current models) is the Forerunner 110, and they add more features as you go to the 210 and 410. If you want multisport, including swimming then it's the 310 or 610 really (though you can use the others on a bike as they will let you do speed in terms of mins/mile (running pace) or miles per hour (bike speed) (you could do either in metric if you want.

Only you can work out what features you would like/can afford. I suggest you look on the garmin site at the comparisons between different models. dc rainmaker (google him) does very in depths reviews, and actually uses them properly to find out what they can do rather than just read the manufacturers blurb ;ike many "reviews" seem to do.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    exiled claret wrote (see)

Totally depends on what you want to do, and what your budget is. I am assuming you mean you want a gps for running, not directing you in a car or when walking. The most basic model (of the current models) is the Forerunner 110, and they add more features as you go to the 210 and 410. If you want multisport, including swimming then it's the 310 or 610 really (though you can use the others on a bike as they will let you do speed in terms of mins/mile (running pace) or miles per hour (bike speed) (you could do either in metric if you want.

Only you can work out what features you would like/can afford. I suggest you look on the garmin site at the comparisons between different models. dc rainmaker (google him) does very in depths reviews, and actually uses them properly to find out what they can do rather than just read the manufacturers blurb ;ike many "reviews" seem to do.

+1

There so many different ones out there. What do you want from a watch? Are you sure that you need a gps? Once you have a list of requirements - we can help more. There are also gear reviews on here that might be helpful

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Start here to get an idea of what Garmin offer in various sports.

Then go here and here to get an idea of what they should cost.

Once you've got a clearer idea of what you want and how much you're willing to pay, we can be more helpful to you.

• Thank you for your replies and silly me for not actually stating it was a watch I was after I am thinking the  Forerunner 110 would be good as I am just looking for one that will help keep track of the speed im running at so I can keep at a steady pace .