Morning.

Lyrics: The road is long, With many a winding turn

Can't you tell birkmyre is on leave image

Yesterday's lyrics were Life On Mars by David Bowie

What:        a couple of hours on the bike
Why:         front loading the week
Last hard:  20/7
Last rest:   30/7

Men's tri this morning - Go the Brownlee's!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

LMH: Yeah two starts todayimage

What: 3.5M Off road with Geordie.

Why: I'm on holiday and believe it ot not...it's warm and sunnyimage

They've closed off old High School biuldings and started demolishing it so can't run through there. I've been doing that route since August 1995 when we moved here !

Lyrics: Oh Yes.

Catch up time.

• LMH: He's 16 months now and still as madimage I take him on mostly off road runs or footpath runs.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

LMH you beat me by 2 mins!  Today is the move, and the road is definitely long, but whether it has many a winding turn I'm yet to find out!  I do know the lyrics though!

As for running, did a short 2 miler yesterday, walking for 30 sec running for 1 min.  Hip is feeling tight, but think it's coz I've been lifting and there's no time for exercises at the moment.

Just wanted to check in before we go, as won't have internet for a while when we get there.

All a bit real now!

Have a good day all, and see you on the other side...

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

hi guys, oh lmh I know these lyrics, sad face image

my girls have gone back to Peru and I have a huge lump in my throat and theonly thing to do is train!

WHat: circuits and swim later

why: put on weight while they were here

last hard: leaving Heathrow thursday

Lasy easy: oh too much!

Had a lovely 3 weeks with them though and cleo is just as lovely as her photos suggest, a real lovely little character and my little buddy. My daughter is homesick and wants to come back image

Hope all is well here and I will catch up I am sure but being on here is a no  no at work right now so I will do my best!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Moring emzap and wabo.

emzap: Hope move goes well.

Wabo: Hang in there re the girls.

• emzap: I knew your lyrics for today too.

• emzap - hope the move goes smoothly.

Wabo - awwww, I feel for you. Do you know when you're going to see them next? Any chance of them moving back?

birkmyre - hope you can find a new, equally enjoyable and convenient route.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Another iconic song 

What: 8 steadily paced miles yesterday evening from London EC3 to Lewisham (around the Isle of Dogs and through the foot-tunnel) – putting in a few "surges" (for me any way) along the way

Why: Miles in legs – endurance building

Last hard: Running up the steps in the Greenwich foot tunnel yesterday evening (foolishly trying to race the lift)

Last rest: Sunday 04/ 08

Come on the Brownleas Bros!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

lmh next february I see them next.  Seems ages, and who knows about them moving back Jodie would but its not that easy.

Yep come onthe brownleas!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Well Done image the Brownlee Brothers Gold and Bronze Medalsimage

Youngers son passed all his Higher Exams, results came in this morningimage

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Just watched the brownlees...live!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • ale: Wow, it looked a brilliant atmosphere.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And to make you even more jealous am in the GB clubhouse! It's definitely a case of who you know not what you know!!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

sorry, no time to read back image

Whey hey, Brownlee Bros image. How awesome were they?? I must admit that I put work aside for a moment to watch it on live stream image. Well, needs must.

alehouse: amazing! enjoy!!

wabo: how sad image. I was a bit homesick too so I moved back. But moving from the UK to Germany wasn't really such a big deal. It took some convincing of Mr Chick though. He would have stayed happily where we were. But then, his parents are both dead and he was never really close to them. Whereas I love mine to bits, annoying as they are and I got so frustrated when there was always one of them in hospital.
    Work on Mr. Jodie image. If he loves is wife he will want to see her happy.

what: 15 mile MLR
    why: miles miles miles
    last hard: concentrating on my work today
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: yes

• aler: I am very jealousimage Good for you. Champers flowing thenimage

I'd just washed earlier our car then  a seagull dived bombed it so washed it a gain... I couldn't believe it !image

• Eveneing

What 8 commute
    Why Why not
    Lyrics yes

Hvae watched so much tv. Can't think why?

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Birkmyre - congrats to younger

Very Jealous Ale, we have a marshall at club on the track in the stadium, got some texts from he... after he spoke with Mo after his Gold run and again after Bolts bolts run.... thats als very envious.....

What - 8m
    Why - 6m at HMP
    Last hard - Tonight
    Last rset - yesterday

Take care

• Just how young are those Brownies? I saw them being interviewed by G Lineker and now he's on the Perv Register.
    If that winning Brownie had run all the way to the line he could have got a half decent 10k time.
    Awesome level of achievements by all the afleets, Vicky Pendleton was soooo annoyed after blowing her showdown with the Oz, but in all honesty the right person won. VP clearly crossed the red line in run 1, a reversal of the previous Oly games. In run 2 she was out manouvered on the top of the banking and she knew it.
    Oak legs Hoy was simply stunning...
    Discus Dave (can't remember him already) was so rough in his technique it was embarrassing. My mate Ralph was better than that at the age of 14 although not in the 60m plus bracket.
    Pole Vault P(H)olly needs to mature a bit and get some self belief.

They said that Yorkshire would have come 10th in the medal table, just ahead of Australia until this evening. That might still be the case. Impressive.

OK

Lyrics, that's a yes then.
    Training? er, that's a no then. I've been putting consistent swim kilometers on holiday, and a Jamaican complimented me on my tan.
    I wasn't up for the running, when it was over 30 degrees at 9am. I don't know how DD does it. (slowly?)