Andy Murray

2»

Comments

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

57 isn't exactly hanging around...so I'd doubt hugely that all full time pros could do it.

I know a guy who could "Only" do 60 for 400, yet got his 10k time down to 31mins so things aren;t always straight forward.

• I undersatnd Murray is very fond of Fry's chocolate cream, which makes him ok in my book!

• Mo Farah is awesome and that is all!

• Nick - not that I'm accusing you of porkies or anything (perish the thought) and we all know the prediction tables can be nonsense....but...just plugged a 400m 60 sec into the formulae on the running for fitness website. It predicts a 34 minute 10k....something doesn't add up

• I have met his mum and she is such a lovely helpful person.She was at the local tennis courts and literaly spent hours chatting to kids,parents and coaches about all things sport!

It seemed obvious to me that Andy was praising Mo very highly indeed.In Mo and Andy we have two fine sportsmen and two worthy Gold medalists.

• Hands up people who think that Olympic Gold Medal winner Andy Murray is rubbish at his sport?

Gee, what a churlish conversation. At what must be the highlight of his career, Murray gives an impromptu doff of the hat to another competitor in a different discipline, communicating that he was in awe of the other person's achievements. Using a bunch of unprepared words.

So he is a bit dour at other times. So what. He can be if he wants. None of us live his life. Some of us might be able to run 400m faster but none of us can player tennis better. Please don't ape tabloid reactionary responses which are vile, stupid and hypocritical.

• Lol. Are you being deliberately ironic? No one said he was rubbish at his sport did they?

I think the original OP was a bit of a troll but it's interesting to know how other athletes cross train.
  • The question is whether sports like tennis should even be at the olympics and did most of the competitors take it as serious as Murray did. Does anyone really think that if it was a major final that the likes of Federer and Djokovic would roll over so easily?
  • DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

having run/trained with elite tennis players i can confirm that these guys can move.

its clear to everyone that murray either meant Mo was a bit crap, his interview carried on to mention he was better than Redgrave on the rowing machine and faster than Hoy at spin classes   OR  he actually said he does 400m reps in training and in a fresh 400m he can only hit a 57s whereas Mo did a 53s after 9600m.  He was clearly awestuck at what Mo did. 

• I don't agree Dean. What Mo did was like winning the World Cup Final but what Murray did was like winning a pre-season friendly over a better team who were not taking it seriously.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
    I don't agree Dean. What Mo did was like winning the World Cup Final but what Murray did was like winning a pre-season friendly over a better team who were not taking it seriously.

How can you say you disagree when what you've written hasn't got anything to do with the point that Dean was making?

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)
    I don't agree Dean. What Mo did was like winning the World Cup Final but what Murray did was like winning a pre-season friendly over a better team who were not taking it seriously.

How can you say you disagree when what you've written hasn't got anything to do with the point that Dean was making?

i dont agree Phil, i prefer chinese food over sandwiches

• Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
     Does anyone really think that if it was a major final that the likes of Federer and Djokovic would roll over so easily?

Yes, I think that.

• I wish I'd never started this image

• Well Cop-out it's clear that sausage rolls are best
  • dean richardson 7 wrote (see)
    PhilPub wrote (see)

i dont agree Phil, i prefer chinese food over sandwiches

Actually , you are all wrong .... its Betty Rubble over Wilma EVERY time !!!

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭

57 seconds isn't particularly fast for a male athlete with explosive speed.  I would be surprised if Murray wasn't quicker than that.  Of the professionals there'd certainly be a few who couldn't do 57 and quite a few who could go a fair bit faster. Funny that - the answer isn't black and white.  It depends on your definition of professional, which is wide-ranging in tennis.

Anyone who thinks what he said was in any way a criticism of Farah is hard of hearing or simple.

• Moraghan: I thought he was simply stating his admiration for Farah.

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭

birkmyre - it seems we're in complete agreement then!

• Moraghan: Not often that happens somebody agreeing with me. Not in our house anyway (allegedly)image

• Of course he was only praising Mo Farah and of course he is capable of running 400 in 57 seconds. I don't think anyone except Cop-out has suggested anything else.
  • It was praise indeed for Farah.. kudos to both our boys.