Mens running shorts

MalakiteMalakite ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I had a CRACKING pair of running shorts - the 'short' type with a zip up pocket in the middle at the back at the top which meant I could run with my door key/inhaler/energy gel in them.

I have recently moved and don't ask me how, but I have lost them!! I have looked EVERYWHERE!!  So the questions is, the fact these are a few years old - can anyone recommend a pair?  I can't seem to find anything like them onloine and I cannot remember what make they were either image

Any advice would be greatly received image

Comments

• Shorts is one of the few areas of sports clothing i feel you need to spend the money on, shirts... not so much, 

I personally favour RonHill shorts, both the patriot and Advance cargo race short imo are amazing, the quality of materials and durability are far ahead of your average nike/new balance etc that you can pick up at JJB etc, but at close to £30 they are not cheap either. if you're willing to spend some money on some shorts to last you a long time, i would certainly look into them. both have the zip pocket, but the advance cargo's have gell pouches too,

• MalakiteMalakite ✭✭✭

sounds great - can I ask if you have any links as there seem to be 100s online!!

• i actually bought both pairs from wiggle.co.uk 

• MalakiteMalakite ✭✭✭

excellent, I willl have a look image

• I like the nike raceday shorts, zip pocket but cutaway sides.

• I went for some cheap lycra shorts (they have a zip at the back which holds a gel perfectly) from Amazon to go under my normal shorts. Can't fault them and were under £10 - brand was More Mile. 

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I have a pair of Nike shorts, quite long leg length, with a small key pocket in the middle of the back. What I appreciate about that pocket is that it is rubberized and so sweatproof. Other cheaper shorts in my collection just have the usual fabric there so anything inside gets soaked with perspiration.

When an emergency strikes on a long run, I cannot tell you how distressing it is to discover that your little stash of bog roll is just one sticky soggy lump.

• Malakite wrote (see)

Hi guys,

I had a CRACKING pair of running shorts - the 'short' type with a zip up pocket in the middle at the back at the top which meant I could run with my door key/inhaler/energy gel in them.

I have recently moved and don't ask me how, but I have lost them!! I have looked EVERYWHERE!!  So the questions is, the fact these are a few years old - can anyone recommend a pair?  I can't seem to find anything like them onloine and I cannot remember what make they were either image

Any advice would be greatly received image

They sound like the Asics ones that I always wear:

Asics run shorts

They're super cheap right now as well - I've had no problems with them at all.   They're a bit short in sizes right now - mine are medium - but I'm sure they'll get some more in.  Hope that helps. image

• I got pair of karrimors. Best shorts Ive ever had and have a massive pocket at the back and cost me a fiver from sportsdirect

• Massive pocket, eh?  I might look into that - the only thing I don't like about my Asics is the pocket is tiny!

• the pocket on my blue karrimores is huge, i can get a rolled up hat and gloves in it, my only issue is, its location right in the middle, everything bounces pretty bad in it, and a pair of gloves there makes you look like you shit yourself lol.

• Got a pair of Nike Tempo 2 in 1 shorts with compression shorts built in. Pocket is large enough for a key and some gels if folded. But they are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn.