Running shoe gift

Hi There... I am looking to buy running shoes for one of my friends in australia. A few details about him.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 75Kgs

He is going to start jogging/running so thought about giving him gift. Just searched on internet and never thought there are so many types of running shoes available image Luckily found this forum to check if anyone can recomment general running shoes for £60 or less.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Avi, newbie here but must say whilst a great present it's probably going to be better for you to get him a voucher for a local (to him) store. If new to running  they really should get a gait analysis. If they already run then am sure you can find out what they currently wear? £60 should get a decent pair.

• As above, a voucher is the best option. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to foot wear. What fits one person may not fit another. We all have different sized and shaped feet. Of course my feet are perfect. image It's just that shome companies don't understand this and make some very odd shaped foot wear.

We all have our own views on gait analysis and the merits or otherwise of buying foot wear to suit. There's a large movement toward minimalist or barefoot foot wear and your friend may want to go down this path.

With foot wear there are so many conflicting views that it's a nightmare mine field.

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

The size of shoe he normally takes is no guide to what size running shoe he might need.

I take 1.5 sizes bigger in running shoes than in ordinary shoes.

So I would agree, a voucher is a better idea, if you can get one.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Definitely voucher. What could work for him on paper doesnt mean a thing when they actually get on his feet image