just startng

hi i am 11 years old and have just started running this week but i don't know how to keep a training log please help image

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi Sarah, it really depends on what you're doing. Normally I use the log provided with training plans -so if you find a training plan that suits you - you can then use that as a basis for building your log detailing out: Time run, pace, heart race, calories... whatever you want really. As you're still at school - could you ask your PE Teacher for advice and maybe ask them to help you with a log.

Are you starting out on a 5k program? or what are your current goals?

• yes i have ran a 5k but i id it the first day i started running which was lastg friday making my way to a marathonimage

• Hi Sarah,

I'm not sure if this helps, but this is a snap shot of my training log.  I use some software, but it would be just as easy to do on paper:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/tosh0987/2012-07-30_16-03_GoodRunGuide.jpg

• Mmmmmm.  It looks a bit small to me; if you need a closer look try increasing the screen size!

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @sarah- if you're 11 - you're got 7 years until you can compete in a marathon but good on you for getting out there!

Speak to your school about cross country or track events. My school used to train talent to compete at count level and they put you on a training plan and helped work out what you should be doing,
  • You can keep a training log on many websites such as runkeeper.com, dailymile.com, mapmyrun.com, and taketothestreets.org.

• DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Hi Sarah,

I think if you design a log on MS Word or something and then hang it on your wall, you would see how you are improving. A simple log would have date, distance and time but you could add things like weather conditions (which would influence a run).

You could also look online for things like free online running logs.

Also, your school may be able to help and also a running club if you are a member.

Good luck.

• Hi Sarah,

Tenhd to agree with what most other people are saying. Your school if they are gd and in into sports should be able to help you out a huge amount. Somone suggested to me the NHS couch to 5k plan which since ive checked out and it lks brilliant so i think im going to give a go. Also if your parents would let you check out local running clubs. They sometimes accept younger ones and it would help encourage you plus you would get the chance to make new friends.

Well done for starting and gd luck. Keep us informed how you get on. xx