Forum changes: preview and your feedback wanted

Comments

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    I know. I think we can see how good the mod's are... They're away for the weekend and the spam is back!
  • to be honest I've given up they started this thread as they wanted feed back and now they haven't even got the common courtesy to reply and say how what there doing and how far they got in correcting the problem

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Maybe it's because they havent?

• haven't what given up or got the common courtesy to tell us what there doing to correct the problem

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Havent got very far in solving the issues

• Hi all,

Thanks for your patience over the last few weeks. A few updates for you:

Forum fixes: We'll be rolling out a sever upgrade on Thursday. Once we've done this our tech team should be able to start uploading some of the builds and fixes to the forum upgrade. This will cause the website to be down temporarily, but we'll give you a scheduled time for this on Thursday.

Spam: This has clearly been an issue which has frustrated any of you and rightly so. We've been looking into long-term solutions with our tech team over the last few weeks and hopefully we've found an option that will work. As soon as that is confirmed we'll be able to give you more details - fingers crossed within the next week. Apologies for not being able to give you more concrete details at this stage, but we have this as our highest website priority.

In the mean time, the spam wombles as they've become known, have done an amazing job and we're incredibly grateful for their help over the last few weeks. The quantity of spam has reduced dramatically, thanks in no small part to their efforts. 

Apologies for the delay in replying to some of your queries. The forum is extremely important to us and we'll try to communicate with you on a far greater frequency. Thanks as ever for your patience and loyalty.

Best,

Dominique RW

• my goodness it looks like the solved the problem they had with cutting and pasting thanks runners world

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I think RW may need to work on their spamming....

• It's nearly three weeks Dominique. What's the latest with the spam prevention? image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    They're called the spam wobbles image I have noticed that whenever spam spotted here ts removed pretty sharp ish...
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

*cough*... raising thread again in case someone from RW notices and decides to answer... *cough*

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Hi RW. I know that the spam womb,es that you nominated have been doing a great job but this morning there were over half the new threads that were spam. When is it going to be resolved? I feel really sorry for the volunteers who are helping y out and are having to spend more and more of their time editing and removing the spam.

And update? Thoughts? General feedback?
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Dear RW.

Mr Steel has made a good comment. When on earth are we going to get an update about the changes that your proposed?

• Emmy - that was the question I was asking. The wombles weren't here to prevent spam - just get rid of the ones that got through the barrier till RW and not so Immediate Media did what they said they would do.

ETA - I've just hit the report mod button to so they've no excuse for not seeing thisimage

• Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as we've looked for a long-term solution to spam on the site.

After listening to your views, we have decided to use a third-party filtering system. Our tech team are currently testing this at the moment and we should be rolling this out in the next month.

As I'm sure you can understand we need to roll this out carefully, so we don't filter non-spam posts.

We'll keep you updated on this and let you know once the filter is in place. Many thanks again to the spam wombles for all their hard work.

Best,
    Dominique

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Thanks Dominique for the update. Would this update just include the spam filter or are other features included?

kittenkat wrote (see)
    Emmy_bug wrote (see)

I think RW may need to work on their spamming....

Are they not selling enough handbags and shoos? imageimage

I dunno... maybe they could start up a niche market in fake gucci?

• Any plans for a "quote" button to help people reply to specific posts?

• Gareth Edwards 21 wrote (see)

Any plans for a "quote" button to help people reply to specific posts?

You mean like this one  ??   image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi Meldy - the quote feature doesnt work on the ipad.

RW - Can you please look at website bugs - We're not receiving email notifications.... Please fix image

• M...eldy wrote (see)
    Gareth Edwards 21 wrote (see)

image No no different to that one, one that you can actually see and isn't invisible until you hover your cursor over it. image

• Gareth Edwards 21 wrote (see)
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    Gareth Edwards 21 wrote (see)

image No no different to that one, one that you can actually see and isn't invisible until you hover your cursor over it. image

Hmmm...

• Any chance of getting the last post thingy fixed?

I am sick of being taken to the middle of favoured threads - it's not the end of the world but when an upgrade actually makes using something worse it is doubly irritating........

I know many others suffer the same so it's not my operating system or incompetence!