Lyrics: All the people, so many people

What: Barking parkrun
Why: why not
Last Hard: Yesterday
Lyrics: should be easy enough

Back later

Comments

• Morning

Yesterdays lyrics:'Phantom of the opera ' by Iron Maiden. The music/song used in the Daley Thomsons Lucozade commercial in 1985/86.

What: Easy 3M off Road with Geordie

Why: Bit tired.

Lyrics: Yes.

Off to Edinburgh Military Tattoo tonight . I haven't been since about 1986/87. Used to go every year as a kid and stayed at my aunts who lives up at The Meadows. MrsB,Oldest son and MissB are going. their first time. 10:30 show.

Catch up time

GO MO later in 5000m

• Morning.

Have a good park run Pammie - and Tom if you decide to go.

Birkmyre - I think an on form Lisa would have had an outside chance but she hasn't had a good year. Enjoy the Tattoo.

Tom - David Rudisha comes across as a really lovely straightforward guy too. I wish the public would learn from this and stop tolerating the antics of footballers - not to mention their pay!

What:                  nil, nada, nothing
    Why:                   racing tomorrow - though it is only a local sprint
    Last hard:            my 30 minute run last night was hard
    Last rest:             30/7

Lyrics - yes.

Edit - Tom - how about this one http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=david+rudisha+running&num=10&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=694&tbm=isch&tbnid=iq6pHlG6DSN-KM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/athletics/olympics-2012-david-rudisha-keeps-1244437&docid=e9qlCMb-yknTZM&imgurl=http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1243223.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Olympics%252BDay%252B13%252B-%252BAthletics&w=615&h=409&ei=vwkmUNWSFqrS0QWL34CwCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=779&vpy=397&dur=1985&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=175&ty=204&sig=104651914849699525747&page=2&tbnh=153&tbnw=204&start=15&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:15,i:196

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I posted this on Stupid O Clock Thread today.

Olympic Trivia: Today in 1984 Seb Coe retained his Olympic 1500m Title with a new Olympic 1500m record. It was also the last day of the athletics in the 1984 Games. Britain won a silver in Mens 4x 400m Relay behind USA

• LMH: Thanks. Still amazed at David Rushidas run.image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: yes
    What: no
    Why: calf/Achilles have definitely taken a turn for the worst and will get a phys appointment as soon as...

Birks: thanks for the Commonwealth link...about to look into it.

LMH: agree with the sentiments v footballers. Had a fantastic time at the hockey bronze medal match: great, friendly, atmosphere. The crowd were partisan, of course, but did recognise good play from the NZ team: indeed, when someone in the crowd booed a Kiwi player everyone nearby told them to shut up. Can't see that happening in a football crowd. Was sitting three rows from the band: was difficult to hear myself think at times!

Wabo: what a great evening to have tickets for the stadium!

Go, parkrunner(s), go!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • ale:No probs

What a great Olympics this has been. I've enjoyed all the sports.image

It's been great to hear one of my all time favourite commentators.The legendary Barry Davies commentating again on bbc. He loves his Olympic Hockey.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning again!

Just noticed that there is a new parkrun at Cornwall Park and remembered that that is where NZC used to mention...so a quick check and she did indeed run today...24:33 to top the age graded table.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Birks:  I've started to look at hotels for the Commonwealth Games period...Travelodge want...wait for it...£999 per night for that period! I think a bit more research is needed! Any suggestions for a nice little B & B or something like that?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Birks: I enjoy hearing Barry Davies...but not on hockey...he is quite notorious in the hockey world for his limited knowledge of the rules!

• Morning gang. Worsley parkrun this morning in 20.50. Wish I could run this Olympic MTB course!

• G'afternoon, 18:43 at Bolton Parkrun, beat pb by 5secs. 

Good luck Mo tonight! 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

congrats Park Runners...
    what -  70minutes on hillyish route while girls were track training. Too hot , but enjoying it while it lasts!!
    Tempted by Commonwealths, seems an ideal excuse to holiday in Scotland which is something we've thought about in the past. Don't forget that London will host the  World athletics Champs in 2017...thats another week off....

Lyric - oh yes
    have a great day! 

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

I'm back

Birkmyre - Enjoy tonight
    Tom did you parkrun hope it went well if you did
    LMH good luck tomorrow
    Alehouse £999 what boat did they get on?
    7D Well done. I've run on the Hadleigh course  very tough esp in winter or when it raqins a lot ....ahem
    Mike Hello and welcome and well done

Well woke up in time went to barking no sure how thursdays long run would take effect untapered for this weeks parkrun we'll see how it goes
    Smaller turn out (25  in total) than the first one  but expcted i guess.

Started off fine spied 2  other women  who ran ahead of me  left them as they seemed too fast and fell into a small group another lady and a young boy (i guess her son) big gap to the next runner 1st km in 5:14. We tended to stay together for most of race managed to get a little way ahead but they soon came back ... or rather i slowed 2nd km 5:30 pobably started too fast. Just keep at it 3rd k 5:28 working well but guessing my time will be slower than 2 weeks ago guessing the miles this week but this is ok can't expect to improve on my time eac time 4th km 5:28 so pace pretty solid still in same grop of young boy and lady.

Just a little while later male marshall said "one of you is 3rd lady" Well i know its not a blistering pace but it  certainly woke me up then decision time do i continue as i am and hope i can outsprint at the end or do i go for it. What do you think i put in a spurt. Silly question I was getting closer to the runner in front they were at first too far ahead to see what gender they were i realised they were female. Oh gowd can i catch them alas i realised i would run out of tarmac but last km 5:03

But 14th and 3rd lady 26:45 - 15 seconds slower than last time  but with a full week and didn't feel sick or owt so reckon more to come Next one in 4 weeks time due to work and will be volunteering in 2 weeks due to my 10km the following day

So happy

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Wel done Pammie, 7D and MikeR (and I noticed a pleasing run from RFJ, too!) Welcome, MikeR: stick around...good to have another youngster on here.

Tom????

• ale: What did you say £999 ?!?image Barry Davies knows alot more than I do about hockey. I just asscoiate him at Olympics with it since he commentated on GB Mens Gold in 1988

• ale: I'll find out for you mate re hotel costs. That is frankly robberyimage A night imageimageimage

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Yes Ale, no hiding from you!!!!! a 19:35 from me at Soton Parkrun, but Jnr posted a 2nd place at Andover in 18:35 for a new PB.......

Well done Mike, Pammie, and 7D

Back from a nice break with Mrs RFJ in the Cotswolds, very nice time indeed, got home to find a letter from new employer with employment number and start date.... 3 weeks to GO...................

Lyrics - YES image

• Well done park runners.

Good report and racing too Pammie.

Go Mo!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Mo went!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Funny one Paddy:  I've got one in the garage...doesn't give such a clean sweep as Farrah though.

Birks:  hope the Tattoo is/was good.  I understand that a lot of the chains have put down £999 as the daily price for the Commonwealths as they want block bookings from countries/organised trips etc so don't want individuals to book. Am looking at b and b or more likely an apartment/house for a couple of weeks.

RFJ: well done junior!