Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Kaz o clock - lolimage

I missed that  time this morning!! Only got up at 9 after a major day out yesterdayimage Today is a rest day on my plan- the first in 11 days so all good, but my legs feel like they have had a major workout after wearing 4 inch high heels for 12 hours.image Now I need  food. The intended meal never happened last night, and 24 hours without food isn't good.image

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

I shall endeavour to be there in November image

Out at 6.30 am for my 24km run this morning - after a bit of a heavy week work-wise it was hard work but very glad I got it done before it got too hot

• Lovely run in the early morning sun. Enjoyed it so much that I carried on after 26 miles and did 20 instead. Off to Aberdeen for the first home game of the season against the mighty Ross County. And then a rush home to catch the Olympic 5000M. Busy, busy.
  • 26? I'm getting ahead of myself! I meant 16.

DLR - hope your run goes OK.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I had a hellish run today. I was up and out early, but was feeling tired and sluggish from the off. The heat seemed to quickly ramp up and my pace was getting worse and worse. Then after about 10 miles I started to get some pain in my stomach. I managed to make it to the end of the 21 miles I had scheduled, but I was out only ten minutes less than what I'd ran Paris in! My stomach was in agony and I felt like I was dieing.

After a few stretches and a shower I've been crashed on the couch and feeling rough as anything. Hardest 21 miles I've ever done.

• Eggy - we all have our bad runs, I'm sure your next one will be fine.

Football was a boring 0-0 draw. Hopeful the 5000M will be more exciting.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Eggy - sounds rubbish, hope you're feeling a bit better now and Mo cheers you up!

I've sneaked away from a family BBQ to watch the 5k image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Almost feeling human now. Mo is the man.

• Yessssss Mo Farah!!!!!!!!!
  • Yayyyy!!!! image

Now back to the barbie yer_maj - mine's a burger, no cheese. Thanks.
  • yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

My kittens and I were shouting at the telly - Mo, you little beauty!!

• GOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOO!!!!!  That was a fabulous run!!

Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Looks like it'll be 12 days without running for me then straight into a 22 mile test.  If its ok The 'Dam is very much still on, if not I suspect I'll be switching to the half.

What about burnham beeches next weekend?

WOOOOO HOOOO new WR in the 4x100!

• I've had a busy day. image Got up at 5.45 to cycle out to windsor (eton dorney), got hopelessly lost and it took 3+ hrs to get out there with 10kms more than google said (total of 64kms) image.  Got there so late we missed the GB gold image but saw the NZ GOOOOOOLLLDDDD!! imageimageimage Then had to change a tube and it was a slog back home.  Had a guide for a bit of it...but he was way faster so headed off once we though we knew the way...didn't and got lost a few more times image...finally got home at 4.15ish.  I'm looking forward to the garmin map but it died about 15 kms from the finish so will have to do a bit of manual fudging to get the entire kms.  Think it was about 125-130!!!!  I'm STOOOFFFFED!  Don't think my LSR on Monday morning will happen.  short run tomorrow definitely won't image

• TD:  how about a cycling crew that starts a little later in London rather than doing brighton-london-brighton? (after my leg crushing kms today I don't think I'd survive) or I'll join you in london... image

Dannirr - I'm up for dinner. image

Right, think that's me done with the multiple posts for now...time for sleepies.

• Superb day. I have been helping on an aid station at mile 43 of a 100 mile ultra - North Downs Way 100. It has been good fun to see the fast oners at the front breeze though, and the sheer determination of the slower ones at the back and every kind of emotion in between. Only one guy needed an ambulance. Weather has been perfect. Nice bunch of people and some great stories from everyone. My first time helping at an event and I'll definitely do it again. Tomorrow morning I'm running the last 13 miles doing the 'sweeper' role to remove the signs and tape etc... and to encourage the people right at the very back as they push on to the finish.

/members/images/98627/Gallery/aid.jpg

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Hmm .... Spice Girls for the closing ceremonies.

• Mo Farah

Usain Bolt.

What an Olympics.

• Dannirr - yes. Just heard.

But, The Who will also (apparently) be there...

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Yes indeed what an Olympics. It inspired my own bit of winning performance this morning as I came in 1st in the local parkrun- I think all the faster guys must all be on holiday image. Anyway 18 mins flat is one of my best times and garmin says 5:45 pace. Can't ever remember winning a race before so I'll take that.

• DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

OO: well done!

• Hooray for OO! That must be a great feeling - i hope you had a celebration. I only ever see the parkrun leaders heading past me on the way back image . Even although I've recently carved a chunk off my PB, I would still have finished almost 10 minutes after Mo last night image .

Eggy - in all the excitement last night I forgot to ask how you're feeling? Do you think the stomach problem was muscular or digestive? Either way, a hot water bottle is often a good solution.

Long lie for me this morning as I'm off to see the brown daddies in the marathon, so the LSR has been postponed until this afternoon. I'm actually slightly behind my Amsterdam plan in terms of long runs, but I'm hoping the miles I already have iny legs this summer will carry me through.
  • OO - wayda go.  I am assuming you had a pose or dance to celebrate with a la the mobot or Bolt pose?

Radar Sal wrote (see)

GOOOOOOO MOOOOOOOO!!!!!  That was a fabulous run!!

Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Looks like it'll be 12 days without running for me then straight into a 22 mile test.  If its ok The 'Dam is very much still on, if not I suspect I'll be switching to the half.

What about burnham beeches next weekend?

I'll know by the end of the day.  If I break down today then that's that but if it holds out ok I'm going to re-write my schedule to take into account the lost time and taking the intensity down while the achilles heals.

• RR - I don't think there's any doubt you have the endurance side nailed after this summer!

• yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

OO - fantastic!!  image

DLR - fingers crossed....don't push it, I need my pacer remember??  (Thi is clearly all about Me Me Me)

Had a lovely weekend, Mr Maj's Grand-Nephew is visiting us as he's over from Poland for a few months stealing one of our jobs.  We've been doing Tourist Cardiff and playing with the kittens who now, finally have names.  Monkey, known as Mo and Riley, known as Riley.  

• Ah well. image

I didn't really want to run Amsterdam marathon anyway.  I mean Paris is the marathon after all.

• Well done OO . Hope your 5K victory has not been overshadowed by another 5k race that took place last night.

DLR - is there really no hope for Amsterdam?
  • DLR - b*gger. Are you sure?

First lap past - Brazilian in the lead. Runner down across the road - looks like one of the Chinese runners. Looked nasty for a while as he didn't seem to be moving but he has managed to hobble to the van and has been taken away.
  • My cunning plan has worked, the small children in front of me have got bored and now I'm at the front.

Lots of Adizeros, lots of high-stepping bum-kicking running action. Bum kicking is the way forward. Big roar for the guy at the back from East Timor.
  • Where are you standing RR? And stop bullying small children.