What do normal couples do?

2»

Comments

• ....nothing....

He plays on his phone most of the time and I carry on doing my things as if I was alone.

• tricialitt wrote (see)

I think most couples sit motionless gawping at the TV, +/- drinking them selves to oblivion

Yep - that's what we do! A nice pint of beer followed by a bottle of Sangiovese with roast chicken dinner - lovely!

• I run, he rarely does, so I try and get most my running done mid week.

Weekends generally involve getting up late, watching rubbish on TV whilst we both sit looking at our laptops, we got for walks along the sea front, have a few drinks and watch films. Occasionally we play board games.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    tricialitt wrote (see)

I think most couples sit motionless gawping at the TV, +/- drinking them selves to oblivion, unless they have kids, in which case they scream at the kids for the first part of the evening, then collapse in a heap later.

Really?

• I like this! i think it is important to share an interest or have common ground and to be able to share that (not all the time) with someone, is and should be enjoyable and precious...it is possible...right??!! or am i dreaming?

• Hells teeth.. Stranger on deck !!!

• We're in the process of buying a house together so a disproportionate amount of time is presently taken up by 'house' stuff including furniture shopping etc.

Generally we like weekends away, visiting relatives or friends, long walks somewhere nice with the dog, we go to the cinema, go for a meal or friends come over for food, I do my photography...

Yes in the week we gym a bit, run a bit, on the weekend bike a bit sometimes, but it by no means makes up the vast majority of our free time, nor would I want it to.

• tricialitt wrote (see)

I think most couples sit motionless gawping at the TV, +/- drinking them selves to oblivion, unless they have kids, in which case they scream at the kids for the first part of the evening, then collapse in a heap later.

Hello ...you been watching us eh big brother !!!!image 

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    Wilkie wrote (see)
    Mr Puffy wrote (see)

Well, this weekend Mrs P is working on Saturday so I'm going to drive over the Woodhead Pass for a picnic, then she is going to the Charity Sheld match at Villa Park on Sunday so I'm going to london for the marathon.

I don't mind whether we do sporty things or not, but I wouldn't want to be spending that much weekend time doing something different from my Squeeze.

Weekends are important time together, for me.

Well this weekend was a little different but I would say that spending some time apart doing stimulating stuff is good for a relationship and informs the time that we do get to spend with each other.  Certainly made for a very pleasant Sunday evening.