Crap at relationships

Comments

• Evening Crapsters,

Anyone watching the opening ceremony?

I am, but at the same time have washing on and am cooking chilli con carne for next two days lunches for w*rk.

It's a real rock'n'roll Friday for me....image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Been busy packing up the houses.  I saw the beginning of the opening ceremony but missed the rest.  I liked the bit that I saw.

I move into a B&B tomorrow image

• I watched it on catch up today. Loved it all except Macca who was an embarassment. The cauldron took my breath away.

I am just so excited about next weekend image
  • I didn't think the start was great - but then again i wasn't properly watching it (cos i can't multi-task). I really enjoyed the Rowan Atkinson bit, and then everything else from then on. The children singing the National Anthem was really emotional i thought. I would love to have been there (i'd have even love to have sang along with Macca).

Good luck with the move Caz. When do you start your new job?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I start on Monday.  I've not had time to worry about that as I've been worrying about all the rest.

The contract for the house came through yesterday, which makes me feel happier.  That means that the credit check went OK and that there is a chance I might move in on Friday.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

*resurrects thread*

• My word it's quiet in here...  image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I know! I was wandering the threads last night and was surprised to find it so far down the list image

Maybe no one is crap any more image

• LOL no I guess the level of Crapness has reduced quite a bit in here, plus we're all on FB anyways...

or maybe we've all got w*rk to do...

• That's a yes, yes and yes from me image

I do miss here to ramble on though.  Some stuff I can't put on FB as the OH might be offended at me ranting about his nearest & dearest (though I suspect he gets the gist anyway).

I shall continue to use it to rant (might be quite a bit in the next couple of weeks, watch this space) if you'll all continue to occasionall nod or shake your heads.

• I have an incling I may have some ranting coming on too.  G's mother has taken rather too much of an interest in our house buying... phone calls have increased in frequency and length to a level that now borders on "overinvolvement" to me. Worse even, she has made sounds about the area we're moving to being very lovely and how she could imagine living there, and proceding to nose at houses within a mile of us... image

Don't get me wrong, I like the woman, but you're not moving within a mile of us and popping in unannounced all the time...!!!!  image

• Hello!  I'm still totally crap, but just less focused on it, lol.  Olympics has utterly taken over my life, so haven't even looked at RW once!  Gutted it is over, but cannot wait until the Paralympics start image

• Eeek!  Can't have the MiL that close image Maybe I am lucky that S's family show a complete disinterest in me and what we're up to.  Though I actually feel bad on his behalf that they're so bloody self centered that they can't be happy just because he is happy if there's noting actually in it for them. image

I loved the Olympics too Lee, probably one of the most memorable experieces of my life being there.  Not sure what on earth I am going to fill my time with now it's not 24/7 telly coverage of them.

• *waves to Lee & TP*

We've watched bits of the Lympics, kind of in the background, while doing other stuff.

I've been mainly furniture shopping.  I'm waiting for delivery of our blue Smeg from a lady in Yorkshire (viaEbay), G picked up a lufflee kingsize mahogany sleigh bed (I thought it was walnut but it was actually mahogany) from a chap in Bath (viaEbay), we got a lovely reconditioned farmhouse kitchen table & chairs painted in Farrow & Ball locally, and I'm keeping an eye on a nice dresser for the breakfast room.  We still need 6ft dining room table & chairs, a BIG sofa and a sofa bed.

We're breaking all the rules in the book buying furniture for a house we haven't exchanged keys for yet...  Maybe I should hold my horses... LOL

• Pity I am not nearer moving as I will have a sofa bed for sale I suspect.  Been slept on about twice in the 10 or so years I've had it, rest of the time it's a clothes dump in my spare room.  I'm hoping to have room for my dining table as I really like it but I suspect it's a bit too big.

Well, if you don't get this house (which you surely will) then you'll get another similar one and furniture bargains are not to be overlooked.  I've no idea how the English system for purchase works, it's all very cut and dried in Scotland once you've agreed missives, no pulling out without penalties on both sides.

• That's the problem TP, gazumping is still legal in this bit of the country. image

• The sellers have also discovered a problem for them.  Since they got their initial mortgage he became self-employed, so their existing lenders want him to do a whole new mortgage application.  Their payments on the new house will be no greater than their current payments, but there is always the risk that in this financial climate they decide not to offer him a new mortgage product, and then effectively they wouldn't be able to move. *sigh*  But yes, no point worrying about stuff you can't change, and yes there would be other houses and furniture bargains never go to waste. image 

• Bugger!  Hope they manage to get it fixed. image

• Evening folks - I haven't popped in for ages.  Any exciting news?

• Nam's bought a new house , Pea and me were at the Olympics (not together, it's not that sort of news) image which was great fun.  BDB and Snaily are having a lurve-in in darkest Surrey.

There may be more news from me later in the week image 

What about life in RS land?

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Helo guys!  I've moved house and haven't had access to the internet for 2 weeks! Have i missed anything?

Been watching lots of Olympics too.  I had two sets of tickets but didn't get to go.  Really pissed off about that.  I would explain but it gets my blood pressure up to unacceptable levels so I'd prefer not to talk about it.

New job is going well.  I have a desk with a window for the first time ever in my career, and there is free tea, coffee and ice creams.

The house is a tip where I am still unpacking.  The last 2 weeks have been traumatic and have included my car breaking down (with a £2000 bill for fixing it), my cat dying, a driver awareness course, camping in a house with no cutlery, plates, saucepans, tin opener or anything else useful.  Cash flow has been a real issue as I haven't been able to get on the internet to transfer money between accounts so I have had to beg to Hubby to keep me out of debt. But probably the worst bit was having a bottle of wine and no corkscrew.

• Being by a window is everything Caz.

Lots of moving house abounds.

Nothing much changes here - working at local uni in short-term contract until end Jan 2013.  Still a crapster.

• Caz - I saw something on t'internet recently about how to open a wine bottle with no opener, but that wouldn't've helped you as you had no access.  Did you get it opened by a neighbour?

• Hello

I really need to accept my crapess and converse with like mided crapsters

Though I managed to hold an intelligent conversation (and make him laugh) with an absolute stunner yesterday - and it turns out his mind matches his body - funny that when you judge you have zero chance you are sometimes better than when you think they might be more your leve

• I've opened a bottle of wine with a wooden spoon and a shoe before now, it was an emergency image

Sounds like you're getting things sorted SC.  It will take time but you'll get there.  Sorry to hear about your cat image

• *delurks*

I have opened a bottle of wine with a stiletto heel. It was one of my better Ray Mears moments image

Good to hear house moves are aplenty and will continue to lurk for TP's forthcoming news

*relurks*
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I opened a different bottle instead, that had a screw cap.  But the other bottle was an expensive one that I was saving for a special occassion and it would have been nice to have it.

• hello lovelies

I've opened a bottle with a knife and teaspoon...it went everywhere!

I'm in proper crap land - my heart is being stretched too thin. And my head is getting a bit scrambled. The timing sucks.

• The art to opening bottles with shoes and wooden spoons is in the timing, you need to go very very slow when the cork starts to go down.  Then you put the shoe back on and use the wooden spoon to keep the cord out of the way until the level of the plonk is enough to do that itself.

I can also set snares and start campfires and have had a lesson on forraging for food in the woods image

• Morning. image

Caz, blimey you've got a lot going on. £2k repairs on the car?  Bejeezuz what was wrong with it?  I was complaining about 2 new tires and some breaks being realigned for £277 (incl MOT).  Driver awareness training?  Have you been scaring people on the road??image

Great news about the job though.  Free ice cream??  That's a novel perk!! image