Football season

sadly the football season starts next week so the spirit of sportmanship showcased over the past 16 days will be consigned to the dustbin by over paid, over indulged and professional cheats that are footballers ! 

Why football was in the Olympics (as is basketball) is beyond me the wrong sports for    a competition designed around sportsmanship 

Comments

• It's a disgrace to see fans swearing at the referee, and shouting "It's not fair!"

• So, who apart from me isn't watching it tonight?

• Love me football personally.

Agree they act like spoilt brats a lot of the time and they're are disengaged from the rest of society and sadly it's no longer a working mans sport but l love the game.

• I love it too. Playing and watching.

• l dont play anymore tbh mate. Self employed and l dont fancy being laid up for 6 week after being chopped in half by some half drunken greb on a Sunday morning.

Besides, the pub team l used to play for we used to end up in the alehouse till early evening every Sunday which sort of negated the idea of trying to get fit by playing football.

l remarked once that this drinking team had a serious footballing problem.

Outstanding goal from Defoe there. Really rate the lad, always have done. Would love to see him at Goodison Park every week. Who's ya team FP?

• I cant wait for the season to start, been a few pre season games already, but missing the Man City game as I will be in the airport on the way to Paris!

looks like some major transfer developments now Vanpersie has agreed his deal, IF he can pass the medical.

Defoe is wasted on the bench and should move to get a game, cant stand players who just stay for the £££, I would want to be playing regularly

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Oh God...x-factor and the football season to look forward to.

Tribal support and more shirt pulling than you get in an Olympic Judo final.

welcome back to chav central everyone.
  • JPenno wrote (see)

I cant wait for the season to start, been a few pre season games already, but missing the Man City game as I will be in the airport on the way to Paris!

looks like some major transfer developments now Vanpersie has agreed his deal, IF he can pass the medical.

Defoe is wasted on the bench and should move to get a game, cant stand players who just stay for the £££, I would want to be playing regularly

Defoe doesn't strike me as the type of player who will be happy to sit on the bench, in fact l know he's not looking at the moves he's made over the years and the quotes attributed to him.

What l do think is that he's very much a london or southern type of lad that l dont foresee moving past the Watford gap at any point.

Very much a mummy's boy l think. Much like Bainesy for us.

• What already ???

So here we go for a litany of "I've bruised my toe and cant play"  abuse to officials* and general boorish behaviour...

Can't we have a year off ?

* Can just see Steve Ganson or Stu Cumming's  response to Rio Ferdinand's gobby  agression

• If ya dont like it Dave, stay out the thread.

Nobody's forcing you to read it and nobody wants to read your wingeing comments about it either.

• Public thread that anyone is free to make a comment on....

and the OP was making a protest ABOUT football, not in praise of it

Suppose as they say the truth hurts...

• l remarked once that this drinking team had a serious footballing problem.

http://www.forexbrokercomparison.info/kv.gif

• Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Public thread that anyone is free to make a comment on....

and the OP was making a protest ABOUT football, not in praise of it

Suppose as they say the truth hurts...

Of course you're free to make a comment on it. It's just people that do nothing but winge and moan about things they have no interest in always bemuse me.

If you dont like it as much as you say you dont then why even bother commenting on it? It just makes you sound a particularly bitter and concieted individual.

l guess some people are never happy unless they're moaning.

• As were the first people to comment on the thread. Seems you were the one who started saying how good it is.

Not a moan, just a comment on the sad waste of tv time and the pages taken up in the paper by a bunch of over paid girlies
  • Come on now girls...calm down...or the ref will tell you to "f*** off" image

• It's not a moan? "just a comment on the sad waste of tv time and the pages taken up in the paper by a bunch of overpaid girlies"

Is that not a moan?

The sad waste of tv time you moan about, 90% of football coverage now is on SKY, channels you have to subscribe to so if you dont like the game l cant see you being inconvenienced by that as you wont be paying for these channels will you???

There is a lot of the sports pages dedicated to it in the papers l would agree with that! Do you know why that is Dave? Because it's the most popular sport in the country!

Again, for someone who has such disdain for the game you're spending a lot of your time complaining about it.

l personally cant f'in stand cricket. As such l wouldn't ever enter a thread about it with the sole intention of complaining about Kevin Pietersen's behaviour recently.

• But this whole thread started as a moan about Wendy ball. You're the one sticking up for it. Lol

Now go away Finn is bowling like a dream
  • Yeah and l put a positive spin on it which is what is generally regarded as a better thing to do in life.

You carry on being a misery guts though, seems to suit you just fine.image

• Take more than you to make wendyball positive

Did you see that delivery to Amla from Finn ? Awesome movement off the seam
  • WiBWiB ✭✭✭

Football and Cricket?! put your claws away girls image

Now go away Finn is bowling like a dream

Cricket!

Bunch of overpaid Wendies. Dull and boring.... etc etc

• Maybe.. But I have never been afraid to take the kids to a cricket match, Unlike football where you are surrounded by foul mouthed drunken yobs

• Such a stereotyped image of the game Dave.

Im also yet to hear of a footballer going to jail for blatent match fixing.

Foul mouthed drunken yobs is it? like the famous barmy army that follow England across the world with the sole intention of getting bladdered?? Im sure every word out of their mouth is polite and well mannered.

Please keep digging though, im enjoying making a show of you.

• I went to 3 premier league games last season and the language was appalling and as for match fixing haven't half a dozen Italians footballers just been sent to jail ?

Go on keep going ......
  • Dave, I'm with you ... I mean I hate all this crap about the players just doing it for the money, and not wanting to play for their country at the expense of their own earning potential .. and as for for their ethics and language towards team mates ... jeez, then don't get me started ... i think its disgraceful some of the things they come out with on the field of play and would shock the most foul mouthed of navvies sometimes, and its not just on the field of play either ... text , twitter ... the lot is just full of it !

Absolutely disgraceful if you ask me !

Now if your talking cricket then well thats just a whole different story isn't it .. we're doing well I see, can't wait to see Petersen bat tomorrow ..... oh wait !!!!!!!!!!!

• Couldn't see Kate Walsh making it as a footballer. Imagine wanting to and playing with a broken jaw. Premier league footballer I need 3 weeks off cos I stubbed my toe on my wallet
    I went to 3 premier league games last season and the language was appalling and as for match fixing haven't half a dozen Italians footballers just been sent to jail ?

Go on keep going ......

LMAO.

You despise the game yet went to 3 PL matches last season? You couldn't make this up.

As for the Italian match fixing and players going to jail. Ermmm there's a simple answer to that one. No!

Next..........

Like shooting fish in a barrel this.

• Or English players fixing football matches ? There was even a film about that.

Yep sadly corporate hospitality required me to go to football matches.

Yeah I did go to more rugby matches on the company.

Shooting that must have been at a football match wouldn't happen elsewhere
  • I cant help but think that in England we feel football is not really a fit job for a grown man so we have created a style that is overly physical, overly reliant on "pace" ( always makes me laugh that) that has little finesse and strategy but is big on dramatic ball play ( boot, boot Ohhhhhh hit the cross bar!) and short on individual skill. Basically made a beautiful game blunt and brutish so that we feel men in shorts can play it.

Its football, your not laying bricks or mining coal your allowed to fanny around with short passes and strategic game play.