Adidas Kanadia

I run on the road and treadmill in Asics Gt2140's and Nike Structure Triax 12 as have been identified as a moderate over pronator.

I want to start trial running and was wondering if anybody knew if the Adidias Kanadia are a suitable shoe for a moderate over pronator ?

Thanks in advance for any advise or help.

Comments

• generally speaking you dont need to correct pronation with trail shoes as the ground you run on is not level and you will use your core to stabilise
    There are AFAIK some trail shoes that will correct pronation and there are some which have greater cushioning et,c - its much like running shoes you just find the ones that you are comfortable with, if you are happy in Asics and Nike then try one of theirs?
  • I use Brooks Infiniti for road running to stabilise and use Adidas Kanadia for trails.  As is said above, I was told that for trail shoes you don't get stability shoes due to the terrain.  I tried on several pairs of different trail shoes and went for Kanadia as they seemed pretty light and flexible but have great grip.
    I've been delighted with them so far (about 50 miles in).
  • I'm thinking of buying these myself. They're listed on prodirect as neutral but like it says above I don't think it really matters with trail shoes. SportsDirect seem to have plenty in stock for £35 if there's one near you.
  • Cheers for all the comments.

The £35 sportsdirect offer is what is helping me choose the Kanadia to be honest image

• I believe the kanadia one are for neutral runners.........I hrun in asics 1140's for mild overpronation and have bought the asics trabuco.........I have found them to be great especially in this snow and iceimage
  • I run in Kanadia's, I have put in just over 100mile in them in the last two weeks as i've been trail running and XC since the cold spell. Very good shoe with excellent traction. I can tackle Ice/snow/gradients with confidence in these, they are very light and responsive and at £35 quid an absolute deal!

They also dry very quickly and feel good on any patches of concrete/road you have to tackle.

• oh yeah...

they come up really small im an 11 UK and wear a 12 in these.. many people have reported the same.

• Yeah heard that on the small sizes but cheers for the tip image
  • Midland Runner wrote (see)

oh yeah...

they come up really small im an 11 UK and wear a 12 in these.. many people have reported the same.

Yep - I'm a 10 and I'm (amazingly) wearing a 12 in Kanadias.

Good shoe for the price though - been a life-saver recently

• Just bought some from sportshoes.com,the £35 p+p swung it for me,friend of mine was well impressed with them,it was he who really got me into them,he's swapped from innov8 for them.  
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Yes, Sportsdirect also have them instore. £35 for an all black shoe, £40 for black with a white stripe. I am size 9 and would ideally have a 10.5, but half sizes not stocked by Sportsdirect, so tried both 10 and 11, and decided 11 with insoles were best. Good idea to try on first before you buy. Just don't shop there expecting any form of helpful customer service!
  • I got my Kanadias from SportsDirect a few months ago. They've been £35 for a while! I'm an overpronator in my road shoes, but I've done a couple of long XC races in these plus I've been running in the snow these past few weeks (which they're brilliant for) and they've been great. Dead chuffed, especially for £35!!
  • Lostkat wrote (see)
    I got my Kanadias from SportsDirect a few months ago. They've been £35 for a while! I'm an overpronator in my road shoes, but I've done a couple of long XC races in these plus I've been running in the snow these past few weeks (which they're brilliant for) and they've been great. Dead chuffed, especially for £35!!
    Great. I m an over pronator too but you have made my mind up I m going to get a pair of these now image
  • All i can do is echo the above, i brought mine last week as i was fed up with not being able to run my normal route and with all the snow/ice/sludge/mud i havent slid once.

Great shoe for the price!

• I've just got a pair for £35 ion TK Max!  Lots of sizes available. Bargain-tasticimage

• You can find the Adidas Adizero XT3`s for just £37!!!   coming form Kanadias the XT3`s are much lighter, far more responsive, offer more grip, feel much better when running on harder surfaces... XT3`s are lower profile so offer far greater stability when running over rough ground..

• Kanadias are great for off road, light and cheap too, but slip like mad on wet tarmac so be careful on the normal stuff, but watch the sizes as they are particularly small even for Adidas

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

ive owned a pair of these recently.... my tae on them was that given that im an Asics lad over the last 15yrs these feel a size smaller that what im used to, ie is should have ordered a 12 when i usually use an 11 in Asics.

A good lightweight budget trail shoe ideally suited to dry surfaces. I found that when running the odd section on tarmac or road the lugs wore down really really quickly but i guess that a sign of the quality given the price.

• At my last ultra I got chatting to a couple of very experienced runners who swore by Kanadias over any other more expensive trail shoe. One guy said they were the best shoes he'd ever had and he was on something like his tenth pair now...